2014 Open Championship Contest & Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tap in birdies on the 18th must be fun

Really? There was only 1 bogey amongst the top 3 in the first 2 rounds

Yes, but he's speaking on the fact that he's lead since the end of the 1st, so, it was his to lose from there.

Rory just ripped that on 18.

Yes he did. Hell of a sand out by RF too.

Ricky is playing fantastic golf. In contention at another Major

Fowler and rory will be final pairing tomorrow

It would be better without those 3 bogeys in 4 holes though.

Agreed. But top 5 at both previous Majors and in contention the work with Harmon is paying off. It's good for golf.

Oh my goodness.

What a shot by Rory.

Seriously? What a freaking shot by Rory, he holes this eagle then WOW.

Some approach by Rory at the last

Ten feet eagle putt coming up for Rory. At least a five shot lead going into tomorrow's round

So that Rory guy is kind of good.

Puttin' on a show.

That was just filthy.

Ok, the quote there was something to the effect of the best players today "hit their long irons high, and their short irons low".

I get the long irons high part.... what is the benefit to hitting the short irons low?

Ok, the quote there was something to the effect of the best players today "hit their long irons high, and their short irons low".

I get the long irons high part.... what is the benefit to hitting the short irons low?

My assumption would be the control of spin and distance.

Remember when Rory's problem was the equipment change? It is a bit interesting that equipment gets the blame when a player struggles but it never gets anything approaching comparable praise when the golfer plays well with the same gear.

Flatter trajectory is better than calling it low IMO, typically flatter allows for more control in spin and distance in the clubs that are easiest to balloon, especially for amateurs.

Wow Rory absolutely amazing shots.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Remember when Rory's problem was the equipment change? It is a bit interesting that equipment gets the blame when a player struggles but it never gets anything approaching comparable praise when the golfer plays well with the same gear.

Last year he just couldn't putt, it was that simple, but man people were sharks about the gear change.

Unbelievable.

That is just a sickly impressive back 9.

Never left the middle of the cup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy hell, Rory. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back