2014 Open Championship Contest & Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Rory's problem was the equipment change? It is a bit interesting that equipment gets the blame when a player struggles but it never gets anything approaching comparable praise when the golfer plays well with the same gear.

I think it is somewhat the easy way out to blame the gear. "Golfer's are pro's and should be playing at the highest level all the time, no exceptions."

Awesome finish by Rory. Great to see him finish the round very strong.

Damn Rory. Incredibly well played.

Rory is running away with this. He's playing some darn good golf

Would love to see a strong finish from Dubuisson tomorrow, my fantasy standings would really appreciate a Rory/Dubuisson 1-2 lol

When he took the lead and then poured it on yesterday, it's been his to lose. He's been on all week

Yes, but he's speaking on the fact that he's lead since the end of the 1st, so, it was his to lose from there.

Yes he did. Hell of a sand out by RF too.
Sorry about that, I thought he said been like that since day one about 17 playing tough. Complete misread.

Tied for 7th in gmamas thanks wrong molinari and oosthazen

Rory started off slow today, but he kept his nerve well and then powered on in the last few holes while the others faded away. Also looks like the decision to start early might be showing as a good one as the rain's really setting in up there now. They've been lucky that the lightning stayed away as there's been some pretty bad stuff across England and parts of Scotland over the last 24 hours.

Should be a good day of Golf tomorrow, to bad I have a birthday party so I doubt I get to watch much. I know all the love is for Rory right now, but Damn Rickie, final group in the last to majors is damn good, I like where his game is heading. Unfortunately for him he's got a lot of ground to cover tommorrow like he the last month. He should be fun to watch on the Ryder Cup team though.

Rory is running away with this. He's playing some darn good golf

If it ends up similar tomorrow then it's another Major win by Rory where he's well clear of the field. If he does end up winning then I'd love to see him win the Masters soon to get the grand slam of Majors.

Shaping up to be like Sunday at the first two majors. First Bubba, then Martin made yawners of the final round. I don't mind if Rory wins but I do hope he falls back a bit and someone else makes a run so we have a compelling Sunday.

Why why why...did I bench Rory and Sergio on Wednesday from my fantasy team...

Tied on 3, leading by 6 after 18. That's insane

Shaping up to be like Sunday at the first two majors. First Bubba, then Martin made yawners of the final round. I don't mind if Rory wins but I do hope he falls back a bit and someone else makes a run so we have a compelling Sunday.

Barry, who would you like to see make a charge/Rory let back into it?

My my pick would be Fowler, that'd make for a fantastic final grouping.

Rickie or Sergio would be cool. And I don't mind Rory winning, I just want to see some close, pressure filled golf

That would be a good final group.

Solid golf all around this morning. Still a lot a golf left and weather might creep in, but Rory is in complete control right now. I would love to see Fowler come out firing and see what the pressure does to Rors.

Rickie or Sergio would be cool. And I don't mind Rory winning, I just want to see some close, pressure filled golf

Oh I get that. You want some drama and not someone going into the last 5 holes with a 5 shot lead. Like you said, the first two majors has snoozer Sundays.

I sound like a Fowler Fan boy (which I'm not , I swear ?) but I think if weather creeps in that favors Rickie and might help bring it close. Rory was said openly that he doesn't like links golf/weather.

Missed the live broadcast this morning. Looks like I missed some great play down the stretch.

Don't know how much you saw over that side of the water after Rory finished, but they had an interview with him in the BBC studio and it was absolutely bouncing down with rain and hail

I reckon the players would be happy with the rearranged schedule after seeing that

For anyone who missed the mid to late round drama today, ESPN's replay is at the point where Rickie and Rory were within a stroke of each other.

I sound like a Fowler Fan boy (which I'm not , I swear ) but I think if weather creeps in that favors Rickie and might help bring it close. Rory was said openly that he doesn't like links golf/weather.

Looks like tomorrow will be similar to yesterday.

Going to be a snooze fest tomorrow if Rory plays well.

So I saw no coverage today.....but saw Rory's card and 2 eagles on the back. Wow.

So I saw no coverage today.....but saw Rory's card and 2 eagles on the back. Wow.

He hit 2 very good drives and approaches to set himself up for those, was a shame about the 17th, although the group ahead did exactly the same as Rory missing the 17th green and not getting their pitches up the slope so not too much lost by Rory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back