Hole in One or Even Par?

Hole in one. I've shot numerous rounds in the high sixties but the elusive ace is still out there. Have been within 2 inches probably 10 times =(

I have not done either, so it's a tough call for me, but I'm leaning towards shooting par. As others have said - shooting par necessitates a lot of decent shots, over 18 holes. A "complete" game, if you will. A HIO would be crazy special, though...

I've played since the early 70's and I've been all around even par different times and I've hit the pin, hit the edge of the hole etc etc but never a hole in one. I'll take one any day now.

Very tough question, I have to go hole in one since I don't know if I will ever be able to play enough to be consistent enough to throw up even par, I can see rounds in the 70s happening eventually but not real convinced I can play to par

Hole in One or Even Par?

I have shot par and under par. No hole in one ever. Honestly as great as an ace would be I think the satisfaction of shooting par over 18 holes would be preferred.

Of course those who routinely shoot par or better would probably disagree :)

I'd have to say I'd take the even par round as well. I've been close to both, but I just love the feeling of shooting a good score.

Even par round for sure. A hole in one is awesome but requires a bit of luck. An even par round can be created and is something to work towards.

Give me the ace.

I have been within inches of a hole in one, but would far rather have a round of 18 pars.

I've had one even par round on a really easy track (71) so I would take an even par round on my home course over a HIO.
It would be much more rewarding playing 18 holes of good golf over one, mostly lucky, shot.

I gotta say hole-in-one. However, I know a guy that has one and he says he'd give it up to shoot consistently in the 70s. So I guess it goes back to the old "wanting what you don't already have"

I know a lot of luck is involved, but I felt pretty lucky last year carding a -5 (67)...that round felt like a hole-in-one (maybe better), because I know it'll never happen again

I've had a HIO, give me even par. To me it means more.
Same for bowling. Had a 300 I'd rather have a 800 series

Think it would have to be the Even Par round for me. As others have said, it would require some bit of luck for the HIO, but the par round is what we work towards on every shot.

JM

If I could choose to be consistantly around par I would choose that but right now that is a ways off, I would take the hole in one. Everyone asks what do you shoot or what's your handicap, to say scratch or low single digits would be great. But to retell the story of your hole in one after someone asks if you ever got one I think would be pretty cool.

I'll take the hole in one for now. It's the only one if the two that at this point, is halfway realistic.

I've had neither (under par for 9, but never even par for 18). I think shooting even par indicates a good golf game and a consistent golf game. Although many good golfers have had a hole in one, I hear a lot of stories from golfers who have had a "freak" hole in one - topped iron that rolls onto the green and into the cup, "strange bounces" that find the cup, etc... I'll take a bunch of near misses any time.

Even par all the way :) Not even a close second to that. I'll even go as far to say I'd rather brake 80 than get an HIO even if you let me have two in one round. Golf is about consistency and achieving that is the greatest reward imo.

A hole in 1 for me. I have shot 3 or 4 over several times and I think I'd have a better shot at even par than a HIO.

Honestly surprised at myself, but I'd take the hole in one. The thought of hitting the absolute perfect golf shot is still something I'm chasing.

I've had two swings I don't think I could have done better—a 320-yard drive in the middle of a dogleg-right fairway and a 250-yard 22* hybrid I hit right on the screws dead straight—but never something that quite literally couldn't have been better.

Personally, I'd like to have a HIO as I have shot Par before, but only come close (lipped out twice and or within inches of) to a HIO about a two dozen times.

I think I'd choose ace. I feel like with a ton of hard work and dedication I could eventually shoot even par but I've seen guys who are really good without a hio, so I'd go with that

It would be a dream to accomplish either.
It would be a better feat IMHO to shoot even par. It's tougher to do, and I do not believe you can shoot even par without skill.

That is a great question! I think I'd take the hole in one. An even par round would be a feeling I relief as I holed out on the last. If I am ever fortunate enough to ace a hole, I'll be whooping and hollering like an idiot! I'd happily take either though.

I'd take the even par at this point. I would rather have the solid all around game than a single lucky shot I think.

I would like both :) But I would give the edge to a even par round....PB is is +2 (73)

Back