What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Full iron shots are where I see the biggest difference. Get similar distance but a higher flight with the SR2 than the Chrome, so I think it sticks to greens a bit better.

And for the record, the SR2 continues to be a spectacular golf ball that I love to hit. Performed admirably for me today, in all facets. The only way it could be better is if it were more inclined to steer itself into the hole on the green. DARPA can make course-correcting bullets, we need course-correcting golf balls, IMO.

Prov1 always prov1. That being said, the taylormade tour preferred series is just as good.

TP x is a very good ball. Mind you it is cold and wet here so I think I will stick with the supersoft a little while yet.

I have been playing the Callaway Hex Chrome +. Very soft feel off the putter and wedges, and I hit my longest drive of the year with it. Does not seem to spin as much as other tour balls on full wedge shots. Really good ball!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played the SR2 last night. Luckily had a sleeve in the back of my vehicle or it would have been shag balls. Fine ball.

I played the the Hopkins VL Pro this morning. First time playing with it, absolutely LOVED it. I was long and pretty straight off the tee. Approach shots into greens were great, distance was about the same as my E5s, a little more rollout, but still holding the greens. No issues with feel or sound on putts. Nice and soft with pitch shots as well (little more rollout, but still pretty solid).

I may have to go that route for a winter ball this year OITW.

PROV1x, never gets old.

Been using a ProV1 since they started making them and just switched to a ProV1 X and absolutely love it!! was under the impression you had to hit it like a tour pro to use the X but did a little research and thats not the case. Its added distance off the tee (why I changed) but still has great spin and feel around the greens and with iron shots, lovin it!! I just cant putt lol!!!

I may have to go that route for a winter ball this year OITW.

I think that is a good call. I'm definitely going to play a few more rounds with it, it was a little wet this morning so they may have slowed it down a bit. Plus it's $7 cheaper than the E5, can't beat that.

My major concern going in to the round today, was that this ball would play similar to the E6 and B330 RX where off the tee, ball is great, but on iron shots I can't get those balls to hold a green and based on the specs this ball would be similar (more to E6 than B330 RX), but it wasn't.

I won a dozen Wilson Duo's from Global golf and put them in play today. First time on course with these and I really liked them. Around and on the green they were fantastic. They felt great off the club face. I look forward to putting them in play again.

B330s hydrocore hands done fits my swing like a glove. Had my usual compliment of short sided shots that left me stress free pars. Off the driver, forget about it!

played the project a wednesday. It was ok, I liked the original black and TP3 better, got better spin with those. Project a is still a good ball for the price IMO.

Still loving the Z star xv. Just does everything I want

My teenager must have emptied my bag and so there was nothing but a couple variety of Top Flight balls left. Shot my lowest score of the year. They sailed through the air and held the greens and putted predictably.

Bought 3 dozen Bridgestone e6 as a lot of ppl brag them up here. I'm not a fan yet.

Played the Bridgestone RXS, I liked it. I might pick up a dozen, performed better than my E5, great holding greens with iron shots, seemed like a bit more distance as well. Still liked my Hopkins the last couple of rounds though... Hmmmm

Thanks for the sleeve BeeDoubleU

Played the ZStar XV that I had gotten from Srixon for testing today. Really liked the ball - straight off the driver, and great spin around the green. Greens were soft, so the ball was just sticking.

Bought 3 dozen Bridgestone e6 as a lot of ppl brag them up here. I'm not a fan yet.

I have friends who play the e6 and love it. I have tried but never have... too much roll for me. I prefer the q-star

B330. 1 cart path and 1 tree later no worse for the wear.

Bridgestone E7. I went away from them for a time but came back a couple of weeks ago. I really like this ball.
Either this ball wants to go straight or my swing has improved because they're going where I am them. I still get a fair amount of roll out but I'm trying more bump & runs lately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Callaway SR2 today in the rain. Really performed well. Just love that ball.

I have friends who play the e6 and love it. I have tried but never have... too much roll for me. I prefer the q-star

I love the q-star, I would say that is probably the best ball I have played. Just to rich for my blood.

Started with the SuperSoft but couldn't get off the tee, so thought I would switch away from the orange ball and to yellow or white. Didn't have any other SS so grabbed a yellow e6. Played well with it, and it's a ball that I would still consider gaming. Need to put this head to head with the SS. Not sure which one is longer for me ... they perform similarly around the green for me.

Started with the SuperSoft but couldn't get off the tee, so thought I would switch away from the orange ball and to yellow or white. Didn't have any other SS so grabbed a yellow e6. Played well with it, and it's a ball that I would still consider gaming. Need to put this head to head with the SS. Not sure which one is longer for me ... they perform similarly around the green for me.

I found the SS to be slightly longer off the tee than the e6 for me, but the e6 was far better around the greens. Yes there's rollout, but the e6 would stay on the green, vs the SS which would just keep bouncing right off of it.

Back