2014 Open Championship Contest & Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw that earlier on Twitter. Unbelievable.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

First let me say that I am a Rory fan. I love to watch him play and I think he is a great person as well. I am, however, disappointed in the R&A for pushing up the tee times for today by more than 4 hours because of rain in the forecast. For the 1st time in 143 years of the Open Championship we had two-tee start. Rory has been very fortunate with this tournament getting both of the good draws on Thursday and Friday for the weather. He caught the same break at Congressional where he went out and fired at pins after a hard rain...caught the same break at the PGA he won. Love seeing him play well but I'd like to see him win a major where he doesn't get lucky on the right side of the weather draw.

First let me say that I am a Rory fan. I love to watch him play and I think he is a great person as well. I am, however, disappointed in the R&A for pushing up the tee times for today by more than 4 hours because of rain in the forecast. For the 1st time in 143 years of the Open Championship we had two-tee start. Rory has been very fortunate with this tournament getting both of the good draws on Thursday and Friday for the weather. He caught the same break at Congressional where he went out and fired at pins after a hard rain...caught the same break at the PGA he won. Love seeing him play well but I'd like to see him win a major where he doesn't get lucky on the right side of the weather draw.

Everyone has had the same draw Thursday and Friday. Anyone could have caught the same break. The push today was not because of just rain but thunder and lightning. They did not see lightning, but heavy hail. Everyone was under the same conditions this morning.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Not everyone had the same draw. Rory played early on Thursday and late on Friday. Both were the easier parts if the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not everyone had the same draw. Rory played early on Thursday and late on Friday. Both were the easier parts if the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Half of the field played under the same conditions as Rory.

Can't be doing with sitting up all night watching the golf, especially with work. Just watching the highlights now, even though I saw that it's basically now Rory's to lose. Gotta say though, I'm loving ESPN's coverage. I've been really impressed with their World Cup coverage and now they are doing an awesome job with The Open. I'd love to see more golf head their way!

Ok, so I watched today and have googled this but still can't seem to find an answer...

With those split-tee times today, there were 12 threesomes starting on #1 and 12 threesomes starting on #10. So when the first 3 groups were making their "turn" and the lst 3 groups were teeing off, were they just playing those same holes in between each other? I'm guessing it causes for some bottlenecks.

Something makes me think that's what happened last year on saturday at Merion. I was on hole #10 watching and I remember seeing lengthy backups. I specifically remember Adam Scott and Stevie Williams sitting on his bag for 10+ minutes (they were also waiting for #10 green to clear)

Attachments

• scott williams.jpg
    scott williams.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 0
Another major where Rickie is in the final pair, play class A golf, with a partner playing A++ golf. As a Fowler fan, it's both encouraging and frustrating. Hope to see him break through soon, but I don't think he'll beat Rory tomorrow.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

I like Rory, but man I want to see someone chase him down tomorrow.

I like Rory, but man I want to see someone chase him down tomorrow.

Me too, but I'm expecting a snoozer, I even booked a tee time without checking the tv schedule.

Haven't watched much of this but it is great to see these two guys at the top. I know each has struggled in their own way however I think we need a true young friendly rivalry as I dont think there is a huge one out there right now. Tiger and Phil is just not the same anymore.
These two guys are great to watch and have some personality outside just their amazing swings as well. Would be a great thing for golf to see both take the next step.

Me too, but I'm expecting a snoozer, I even booked a tee time without checking the tv schedule.

Yup. I think its going to be no fun to watch.

If he hits shots like he did late today, I'll have plenty of fun watching.

I want to see how low he can go
If he hits shots like he did late today, I'll have plenty of fun watching.

Ok, so I watched today and have googled this but still can't seem to find an answer...

With those split-tee times today, there were 12 threesomes starting on #1 and 12 threesomes starting on #10. So when the first 3 groups were making their "turn" and the lst 3 groups were teeing off, were they just playing those same holes in between each other? I'm guessing it causes for some bottlenecks.

Something makes me think that's what happened last year on saturday at Merion. I was on hole #10 watching and I remember seeing lengthy backups. I specifically remember Adam Scott and Stevie Williams sitting on his bag for 10+ minutes (they were also waiting for #10 green to clear)

If it did create any backup. It didn't show. That first group off 1 wasn't really near the lead so they were never in camera that I saw.

The only time I can recall seeing any of the groups that teed off on 10 was when Watson finished his round on 9 and when Tiger lost his ball in the bush. That was as much as I ever saw of the no. 10 tee starts.

I haven't been able to catch much of this so far, which bums me out. Hopefully I can catch some of this last round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back