Not really loyal to any brand but there are a couple of brands I won't even try, Callaway and Ping. I just don't like the look of Ping clubs and too many of the guys I know play Callaway, they are total fanboys of Callaway to the point that I hate the clubs in their bags.haha The funny thing is none of them have EVER tried any other clubs, yet all I hear is how Callys are the best, most forgiving club ever made.:banghead:

Not really loyal to any brand but there are a couple of brands I won't even try, Callaway and Ping. I just don't like the look of Ping clubs and too many of the guys I know play Callaway, they are total fanboys of Callaway to the point that I hate the clubs in their bags.haha The funny thing is none of them have EVER tried any other clubs, yet all I hear is how Callys are the best, most forgiving club ever made.:banghead:

Yeah when it comes to the preaching, enough is enough.

I don't buy Nike products, and other than that, no brand loyalty. I picked up a Callaway heavenwood 4H today, so that puts Ping, Taylormade, Callaway, Titleist, Cleveland, and maybe a Nickent in my bag.

I would love to try other clubs....but until the stores move next to a practice range, I guess it wont happen. Although I have bought some demo #6 irons, 3 brands.

Aside from how it looks down below, I'm not brand loyal. I am, however, brand preferential. It's a comfort and confidence thing for me, and it's true in everything I buy. If I'm shopping for a new motorcycle, I look to Honda first. Yet I currently have a Kawasaki and am about to buy a Yamaha. Honda still got first crack at both, but was outperformed in each category. Had the performance been equal, I would've gone Honda just because I'm comfortable and confident in them. Not that I think the others will explode one day, I just genuinely feel that the Honda will live up to my expectations.

It's tough to explain, really. I have 3 sets of irons riding the pine right now, 5 drivers, a few fairway woods, and a couple of hybrids. Some of them perform as well as the Nickents, but none outperform them - so I default back to what I know. Perhaps somewhere in the back of my head I know my Nickents are going to pull it off, where the others are having to prove themselves to me - as you know, confidence goes a long way when swinging a club. So I probably swing better because I feel that it's going to do what I want it to do, rather than wondering if it is.

I don't know, maybe that is brand loyalty. I don't think it's blind brand loyalty, because I do try other things. I still can't hit my 3W for crap, but after demoing several I realized I just can't hit any of them. But maybe that's because I already couldn't hit my 4DX - the opposite of what I described above, perhaps I put a bad swing on all of them because I came into it with a negative mindset. In hybrids I did hit the bafflers quite well. Very well, in fact. But I also hit my L4V very well initially, and it went South on me (actually East, lol) so I'd have a hint of doubt every time I hit the Bafflers and would probably ruin the experience with my subconscious. I sure do like the way they look - I wish Nickent would put that silver leading edge on the crown of their ironwoods, because that really turns me on. Maybe I would've hit those well forever just because of that, but I'm not willing to spend the money when I already have faith in what I have.

When you're a high-capper like me, I think confidence is paramount. Sometimes that confidence can come from places that don't make any sense from a technical standpoint. If you put a badgeless club in my hand and told me it was a Nickent prototype, odds are I'd hit it better than if you told me it was a Cobra. I can't explain it, but it's there. And you know, whatever works is what you should play. Even if the reason it works doesn't make a whole lot of sense. :confused2:

So I guess that's my overly-wordy way of saying I am brand loyal, even though I started out by saying I'm not. There are certainly worse things to be in this world. :beat-up:

I had a Chicago golf putter with a graphite shaft for a couple of years. They were sold everywhere around here, so you might be right about them being from Tampa.

No, your thinking about the Tampa Golf company out of Minneapolis.:act-up:

Ill try other clubs, but I usually end up back with Taylormade. They just always seem to work for me. I cant see me steering too far away from SeeMore when its time for a new putter either. The thing is awesome.

I'm brand loyal. I mean, if I had my way, everything in my bag would be TM. As it stands today, though, I have Mizuno MP52 irons, TM Tour Burner Driver, TM Burner Rescue hybrids (3 &4), TM 3 Wood, Titleist wedges (52 & 60), Cleveland wedges (50 & 56) and TM Rossa Monte Carlo 7 putter. Oh did I mention I have a TM stand bag with TM towels, with the except of the PING towel that I wipe my muddy clubs off with. What it all boils down to, is I want my stuff to match.

As far as balls go, I'll hit TM TP Reds and Titleist (either NXT tours or PRO V1's). Bridgestone's too, especially the B330X or TreoSofts.

The only thing that I'm truly loyal to are Titleist balls.

I've used Titleists for as long as I can remember going way back to the old "Tour 100 Balata" days. I'm sure that there are other balls out there which are comparable and maybe even better from a scientific point of view, but Titleist just "does it" for me.

-JP

I do prefer Callaway, Cleveland and Ping to all else, because I feel they spend more of their research (and admittedly marketing) dollars to build products for duffers like me.

For my woods, I'm never going to buy Ping again. I just had a couple really terrible experiences with thier fairway woods...

With Nike, just find the appearance and sound of their clubs unattractive :p

I don't care what names on it as long as it works for me.Only brand loyalty I have is in toilet paper.In all other things I'm eclectic.

Thought this would be a fun one to bump up to the top. Lots of new forum members here to weigh in.

From the looks of my bag, you could probably say that I'm pretty loyal to one brand. I do have a soft-spot for Wilson Staff since I sort of see them as an underdog. That being said, the WS clubs that I own perform well for me and are affordable. Getting fit and demo-ing mulitple clubs seemed sort of intimidating for me as a beginner. My shopping experiences at the time were mostly online and at Dick's. The guys at Dick's lived up to their employer's name if you know what I mean.

I don't plan on maintaining any loyalties when the time comes for me to purchase new clubs . I plan to try everything out first and pick the best ones for my game. I know of many different places to shop now and I will be swinging away before I buy.

Yes.

It's a personal thing in that I like things to match, and I just wanted to be a Nike guy. :act-up:

I've always liked Nike stuff since I was a kid. When I first got into golf 6 years ago, I just wanted to use Nike equipment along w/ Nike apparel. (Tiger MIGHT have had a little to do w/ it)

After my starter set, I was then hooked up with and fitted for Nike clubs.

My putters are a different story.

I'm not really a brand loyal individual. My bag is mostly shaped on $$$. I don't need the best stuff out there for how I play so I just catch deals when they come up. If the Nickent sale would have come before I bought my BP's the 4dx cb's would be my go-to irons.

Not really.....my bag is kind of a mix and match....over the years I've learned to look at and hit everything and if it means that I hit all of the same brand then so be it. So far that hasn't happened yet.

my irons and woods are currently nike... but im not loyal to them...
hybrids are nickent and powerbilt...
wedges are mizuno and cally...
putter is a knight virage...

i eventually wanna change my woods to cobra or tm... and my irons to callaway or titleist... id like a matching pair of wedges... maybe cleveland... i love my hybrids even if they dont match... and i wont trade my putter till its stolen or breaks even tho its a crappy worthless looking el cheapo brand... ive had it forever

i'm certainly brand loyal ... and that loyalty has been justified by superior quality and service for many years ...

in some respects i also view different brands not unlike different professional sports teams ... and while individual golfers personalities have a role in who i root for ... i'm more inclined to root for players who play the same brand clubs i do ...

with that said i will throw a club or two in my bag from another company or companies from time to time, season to season ... in particular putters ... which i just like to collect ... (the only brand i'll never use is nike, for reasons too sinister to disclose) ...

but for all intents and purposes it's one brand above and beyond all others for me ...

I am not loyal to any brand. There are brands that I don't like and can't see myself using. But if they flat out worked for me, I wouldn't say no just because of the brand name.

I currently have 7 different brands in my bag so I guess I am not loyal to any one brand. It really boils down to what works for me best.

Me...loyal to Cleveland??? nahh ;)

okayy yea ya got me, I have a soft spot for them.

While my bag currently has a few more TM items than any other brand, I am not loyal to any particular brand.

I over do it, call it being hooked on something too early and going from there...Everything in my bag is Cobra except my S which is a Callaway and an Odyssey putter. My golf-bag is Cobra and head covers for Driver/3wood/hybrid are Cobra head-covers. Top it off with either my Cobra hat or visor and the whole day is 2 colors, which we all know what they are.

I like the colors of black and gold, and I doubt I'd try anything else solely because of the "brand loyalty"

But that doesn't stop me from checking out other clubs when I'm at a golf shop, it's nice to see different cavity designs or grips on other brands.

i wouldn't say that i'm brand loyal b/c i'll use what's best for my game. although i do love my callaway irons.

Back