2014 Open Championship Contest & Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this tournament will go a long way towards showing the golf world that a) Sergio doesn't always choke and b) Sergio seems to have matured and gotten past his crybaby stage.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

It really was. Very very cool.

Also cool to see RF happy for him as well, not down on himself at all. He'll get his, I really think he will now, coming into this year I didn't but man he's made strides in finding some level of consistency.
I was really impressed with Rickie today and think it is only a matter of time. I just hope he doesn't replace Jason Day as the guy always coming up just short.

Very cool to see Rory and Rickie enjoying the moment together. Two guys who set great examples for the golfing world.

When Rory was talking about his mother to Tom Rinaldi....damn, who is cutting onions around here?

Congrats to rory a dominating display of golf for 4 straight days

When Rory was talking about his mother to Tom Rinaldi....damn, who is cutting onions around here?

Seriously. I need to dust this house, clearly.

Like many of us, he's just another momma's boy.

Who knows what Rory does if he needs another birdie or two, but Sergio just had a couple moments that kept him from winning. Short birdie miss yesterday, not getting out of the bunker today, hitting a few other weak putts that never had a chance.

Rickie being low cumulative scorer thru three majors this year is very impressive. If only he had kept the putter hot when he tied for the lead yesterday.

What'd I miss? Great time to need to do some running around....they just don't get it. Awards ceremony is awesome though.

Who sells the pictures to TMZ of Rors drinking a nice warm Irish brew out of the claret jug?

Great round by Sergio. Rory defended well... Thought he was gonna go lower after that nice birdy start!

Lolololol

If you didn't like Rory before that speech, you have to now.

MANU! haha

Skimming here... But really awesome that Tom Watson shot a 68 today, well done sir.

was rooting hard for Sergio today, not his biggest fan, but I'd love to see him get one.

Now, how big is this major for not only Rory, but for Nike as well? After last years equipment change and lack luster results, this comes this year. Oh, and both Rors and his ex-fiancé win after the break up. Guys, take note!

Now, how big is this major for not only Rory, but for Nike as well? After last years equipment change and lack luster results, this comes this year. Oh, and both Rors and his ex-fiancé win after the break up. Guys, take note!

"Yeah, we're not going to work any longer."

"What do you mean?"

"I need to win a major."

.......hmmmm haha

Does anyone else think ESPN kills it with the coverage compared to NBC/Golf Channel and CBS? Just so much better in my opinion. Plus, no Johnny Miller :)

Does anyone else think ESPN kills it with the coverage compared to NBC/Golf Channel and CBS? Just so much better in my opinion. Plus, no Johnny Miller :)

I make no secret to being Scott Van Pelt and Andy North fans.

Very cool if Rory to do a "victory lap" with the jug, I don't recall seeing that in the past.

Loved his acceptance speech and the Man U reference. Ha

I make no secret to being Scott Van Pelt and Andy North fans.

I am a big fan of SVP. Loved listening to his radio show and he does well in this coverage.

That was 4 fun days of watching golf. Loved seeing Rory's solid play all week long. Rickie and Sergio both played great and I felt carried themselves with class.

That was 4 fun days of watching golf. Loved seeing Rory's solid play all week long. Rickie and Sergio both played great and I felt carried themselves with class.
Agreed on all accounts.

The future of golf is in great shape with these young guys (ok Sergio is becoming a wiley vet) but add Jordan Spieth, Matteo Manassero, Dustin Johnson and Adam Scott and there will be some exciting golf ahead for many years.

A lot of good golf played this tournament. It was fun to watch. Yea Rory dominated and played great, but it had that feeling like any of a number of guys could make a run at it.

I picked Rory in the contest, crossing my fingers to get picked in the random draw of a million others that prob also picked him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back