Claret Jug or Stanley Cup

I'm not a hockey fan. Though it would be cool to drink out of the Stanley Cup, I'd choose the Claret Jug. Drink of choose would be a Boulevard Wheat.

LOL, no question for me. If the question was tea cup or Stanley cup, I'd choose tea cup.
Don't forget to get that pinkie up...... Hahaha

Claret jug for me. Don't get much in the way of American sports to watch here, but do enjoy the Super Bowl and Stanley cup:)

Claret Jug and drink of choice would be a milkshake---of Baileys, Jameson, and Guinness.

As much as I love golf, I grew up a hockey nut. Has to be Load Stanley filled with an ice cold beer.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Claret jug for me. Don't get much in the way of American sports to watch here, but do enjoy the Super Bowl and Stanley cup:)

Unless you meant "American" by way of continent and not country, actually the cup itself is of Canadian origin and so is the game itself. At least the modern form of ice hockey game as we now know it and even the NHL itself originated in Montreal but now headquartered in New York.

Claret Jug for me. I'd definitely pull a Phil and drink an really expensive bottle of wine!

Stanley Cup, and fill that puppy with Canadian Club.

Stanley Cup and Moosehead. Didn't even have to think about it.

I'm not sure a week ago I could have told you what the Claret Jug was, certainly the Stanley Cup.

Stanley Cup... but ONLY if I won it with my team. If someone walked up to me on the street and said "Hey Russ do you want to drink from the Stanley Cup?" I'd say HECK NO since I didn't win it.

Stanley Cup... but ONLY if I won it with my team. If someone walked up to me on the street and said "Hey Russ do you want to drink from the Stanley Cup?" I'd say HECK NO since I didn't win it.

Win it myself or not,
I would make love to it :)

But then that is why some people including myself wouldn't drink out of it. It would have to be sanitized and boiled. Heck, for those Catholics I never drank the wine at communion time in mass. I know people don't look at it this way but hey I'm not putting my mouth on something 250 other people drank from.

I even insist on serving spoons in every center table dish even among my own wife and children. I hate when a restaurant gives you a shared appetizer dishes with no serving spoons in each one. Don't be sticking your fork in the serving dish, keep utensils on a plate or napkin but not the bare table, and most importantly, ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBLE DIPPING!!!

Last edited:
I know this is a golfing forum...but...nothing beats the Cup.

Claret Jug for me as the Stanley doesn't mean anything to me here. I would fill it with a local beer I like.

Hands down, Claret Jug full of Guiness.

only one cup on the mind at the moment...

I think the hockey fans just want the larger quantity of beverage. I faithfully watch Hockey every time the Stars are in the finals for the last two games or so. :alien:

this is actually a tough one cause the british open is my favorite major..... but lets be honest the stanley cup can hold more beer so i'm gonna go with that

This has been great for me to read. I see both sides of the argument. Was surprised by the number of SC devotees. Never thought about the prior use aspect and the sanitary conditions that may or may not be present

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since I am addicted to golf and wouldn't walk across the street to see a hockey game it's no contest, the Claret Jug. Hockey and soccer are about like watching grass grow, the grass may be a little better.

Lord Stanley, although hypothetically you would have to win it to drink from it, since only winners raise the trophy, others may touch but you need to raise it to drink from it, im assuming if you were in the right place you could get a drink out of the claret, id have a nice pale ale if the opportunity struck

Since I am addicted to golf and wouldn't walk across the street to see a hockey game it's no contest, the Claret Jug. Hockey and soccer are about like watching grass grow, the grass may be a little better.

To each his own of course, but imo there is nothing more nail biting, nerve racking, faster paced, edge of the seat, excitement then playoff hockey. But that's just me :)

I'd go with the Jug personally, but 100% understand most going for the cup. If won I doubt I'd drink anything out if it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Three days ago I would have said the Cup. After today, I may have had a change of heart.

Back