New guy in upstate NY

joshb_

Reaction score
Handicap
My name is Josh, I am 28 and I am from the upstate NY area (Rochester).

I joined this site based off a recommendation from a newer member on here byoungWVU. I just picked up golfing this year to spend more time with my dad that recently retired and after my first round I was hooked. Currently, I am working on trying to correct my awful golf swing mechanics from years of baseball in high school. This is my first non-car related forum I have joined and I am looking forward to picking up some tips and just chatting about golf.

Here is a very embarrassing video of swing:

As you can see I have a ton of work ahead of me.

Welcome to THP Josh!

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP Josh

Welcome to THP Josh! Another WNYer is awesome! Seems to be a lot joining lately, thats great. I'm a bit over an hour south of you but know the area well

Welcome to THP!

Welcome Josh. Post that video in Freddie's tips section and he'll give you a couple pointers.

Welcome Josh!! I'm just 30 mins west of you in LeRoy. Plenty of awesome THPers all around the Buffalo and Rochester area. Make sure you check out local thread for times we get together!

Welcome Josh!

Welcome to the team josh!

Welcome! With all the new Rochester guys I may have to move back. I grew up in Greece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!

Welcome Josh. Post that video in Freddie's tips section and he'll give you a couple pointers.

Will do.

Welcome Josh!! I'm just 30 mins west of you in LeRoy. Plenty of awesome THPers all around the Buffalo and Rochester area. Make sure you check out local thread for times we get together!

I would love to meet up with some local guys. Anyone feels like a pro when they play a round with me!

welcome to THP, Josh!

Welcome to THP Josh!!

I am from Rochester, but currently live in Indianapolis. A lot of great THPers in your area and I will be in town around Labor Day. Hopefully we can put something together around then for all of us to play a round.

Glad you found us!

Welcome to THP Josh!! Thanks for joining us.

Welcome to THP. Glad you joined us.

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP

This is a pretty serious welcome committee!

that's how THP rolls, better get used to it.

nice avatar! I like Magic hat, make sure you stop by the beer thread to share what you like

that's how THP rolls, better get used to it.

nice avatar! I like Magic hat, make sure you stop by the beer thread to share what you like

Can't get enough #9. I will def check out that thread, I do a little brewing in my spare time as well.

Back