16-year-old inventor creates flashlight that runs on body heat

Chickopher

Reaction score
Handicap
20+
After reading that, I had to find a video to see it work. Which I found.

That girl is a hundred times smarter than me and half my age. Kudos to her. I'd buy one right now if she would just market it. (Because batteries suck and are always dead in flashlights, and the 'crank' ones seem to wear out fast).

EDIT: Also, diamonds are the best heat sink? I learned something new today. I bet she could market a diamond palm powered flashlight to celebs.

~Rock

Wow, that is genius. Great on her, cant image how much fame and praise she will recieve. Life changing for sure.

And she only took 2nd place? What did the 1st place person do, come up with a formula to create peace in the Middle East?

Geez and she came in second place!?!

I'll take one.

Just saw as I did not watch the video, only read the acticle. She is local from Victoria, that makes it much better. I have to agree 2nd place for her..... seems like judging was playing favorites.

My old high school and her's are rival schools... SMUS is poo :alien: But good on her for making that happen, something to be proud of for a long time

Very cool looking light

Awesome invention. I really would like to have one.

Education, education, education. Invest for the future. Great project. The article talks about her taking first place in her age (15-16) in the 2013 Google Science Fair.

The winners can be found here.

The overall winner designed a computer model for the development of drugs targeted at influenza. That's a pretty damn impressive feat, worthy of first place if you ask me. Scientific careers in academia and industry are based on such feats, this kid did it at age 17.

Back