Euro League Soccer Discussion 2014/15 Season

More awesome transfers for Olympiacos. Bojan Krkić.

And on Thursday they are coming to Toronto to play against AC Milan. I'm so pumped for this.

My EPL team Stoke City was in the running for him but I guess things fell through.

I am still learning about the transfer season and there are so many players throughout the world it is crazy.

Mundo Deportivo reports that Krkic is finalizing his deal with Stoke. Talks with Olympiakos have cooled.

I guess Real Madrid wasn't content with winning the Champions League last year:

REAL is a scary, scary team:
10576949_10154395135160790_5701643529872756283_n.jpg

Not that Messi, Suarez and Neymar are anything to sneeze at. El Classico are going to be SICK this season. Hoping for them to match up again in the Cup as well.

My EPL team Stoke City was in the running for him but I guess things fell through.

I am still learning about the transfer season and there are so many players throughout the world it is crazy.
Yea well right now it's 50-50. Olympiacos and Stoke are the favorites.

Mundo Deportivo, and multiple other sources now reporting it's a done deal for Stoke.

OUZO, have fun at the match.

Mundo Deportivo, and multiple other sources now reporting it's a done deal for Stoke.

OUZO, have fun at the match.
Yup it's a done deal. He went to Stoke. I don't know. Trying to be unbiased here but unless he tears up the EPL I think it was a bad move.

Oh I'm looking forward to the game. It will be hard to get into the mood considering mostly reserves will be playing on both sides and many subs will happen. But it's better than nothing.

REAL is a scary, scary team:
10576949_10154395135160790_5701643529872756283_n.jpg

Not that Messi, Suarez and Neymar are anything to sneeze at. El Classico are going to be SICK this season. Hoping for them to match up again in the Cup as well.
If we get drawn against them in Champions League, I might cry.

We are going to the Man City-Sporting KC game tonight. We weren't able to swing having the players come and play Painted Hills, but the guy we were working with got us Valet Parking, and credentials to get to Field Club for the pre-game dinner and I assume we will be watching from the field level seats. Then afterwards, he will get us down after the game for autographs. Jacqui is going to flip out!

That's awesome Smalls! Have fun and post some pics if you get a chance.

We are going to the Man City-Sporting KC game tonight. We weren't able to swing having the players come and play Painted Hills, but the guy we were working with got us Valet Parking, and credentials to get to Field Club for the pre-game dinner and I assume we will be watching from the field level seats. Then afterwards, he will get us down after the game for autographs. Jacqui is going to flip out!
that is sweet...enjoy the game!!

Which one should I wear tomorrow at the game? 75th Anniversary on the left or Retro 1998 (1/4 finals Champions League) on the right? I have them all since 1995 but these two are my favourites.

Or should I wear my Inter Milan #21 Georgatos to rub it in a little at the AC Milan fans?

attachment.php

What an awesome evening Jacqui got a long-needed break from work and our friends got a well-deserved break from the hell they have been dealing with the last two weeks.

Haven't looked at the pics I took yet, but the BEST one of the night came from a stranger, who took a picture of Jacqui and Brian Kidd together, after he signed his photo in her 1978-79 Man City yearbook!

Man U crushed the LA Galaxy, 7-0

It's just the beginning of the destruction Man U will be causing this year once the BPL starts :banana:

Man U crushed the LA Galaxy, 7-0

It's just the beginning of the destruction Man U will be causing this year once the BPL starts :banana:

That's cute. ManU isn't making the Champions League this season. I hope they enjoy 2015 Europa League

That's cute. ManU isn't making the Champions League this season. I hope they enjoy 2015 Europa League
have to enjoy victories when i can, they are not too often lately :laughing:

Which one should I wear tomorrow at the game? 75th Anniversary on the left or Retro 1998 (1/4 finals Champions League) on the right? I have them all since 1995 but these two are my favourites.

Or should I wear my Inter Milan #21 Georgatos to rub it in a little at the AC Milan fans?

attachment.php

Wear the Marinakis Limited Edition.....XXXXXXXL with bribe money sewn on the inside :alien: Go with the UMBRO.....have fun

Wear the Marinakis Limited Edition.....XXXXXXXL with bribe money sewn on the inside :alien: Go with the UMBRO.....have fun
haha oh When Oly is on top (as aslways) it's bribed & fixed. When not (1/20 years) it's legit. Classic anti-Oly fans.

The corruption in the Greek league has been out in the open for a while. The biggest difference between all the gangsters, thieves and liars in the Greek League the last 20 years, is that every other team got screwed by their shareholders, presidents, owners etc and left in ruins, while Olympiakos empire is built on a foundation of corruption but at least their people had the decency to do for the good of their team.

I learned a long time ago not to get overly invested emotionally to the results of Super League. I barely even watch league games anymore, I'll watch PAOK in CL or EL and then just keep my eye on the sports stations. Sometimes I read the comments on NovaSports Facebook page, I can't imagine taking part in the back and forth BS with another adult.

Have you seen the schedule for this season? It looks like Oly, PAOK, and PAO are playing in B Ethniki this year, lol.

The corruption in the Greek league has been out in the open for a while. The biggest difference between all the gangsters, thieves and liars in the Greek League the last 20 years, is that every other team got screwed by their shareholders, presidents, owners etc and left in ruins, while Olympiakos empire is built on a foundation of corruption but at least their people had the decency to do for the good of their team.

I learned a long time ago not to get overly invested emotionally to the results of Super League. I barely even watch league games anymore, I'll watch PAOK in CL or EL and then just keep my eye on the sports stations. Sometimes I read the comments on NovaSports Facebook page, I can't imagine taking part in the back and forth BS with another adult.

Have you seen the schedule for this season? It looks like Oly, PAOK, and PAO are playing in B Ethniki this year, lol.
If you believe there is corruption or not that's up to you. Not saying shady things don't happen behind the scenes.

But two things are given. On a roster level and team completeness Oly is second to none. Nobody can come close to them for years. So this begs the question. At this day and age do they need any assistance? If it's not direct ownership involvement then they use as an excuse the amount of players we own and have out on loan to others. The excuses of others failures has to stop and Olympiacos cannot be their scape goat. PAOK fans praise Savvidis. So what has he done for PAOK? Did he put togheter a championship team? Do you think they can rival Olympiacos? Not a chance. Did he build a new stadium? New training facilities? No no no. So truly it's not Olympiacos' fault the Savvidis' of PAOK and the Alafouso's of Panathinaikos are deadbeats.

As for what Oly brings to the SL and portrays to the outside world is an image that many and most top tier clubs world wide would love to have the luxuries Olympiacos offers to it's players, fans and competition. Their training facilities are state of the art and always used as a model for other clubs world wide to follow. There are few training facilities like Rendi. As for Karaiskaki stadium. Well there are few like them also. Another state of the art jewel that not only Olympiacos and its fans take advantage of but it is offered for free to the National team to call home and by extension to every fan.

I agree with you on one thing. I don't like the state of the SL. I miss the competition. Whatever we had till about 4-5 years ago. The SL is a afterthought for me. I only look forward to the CL. I do want PAOK, PAO, AEK etc to become healthy again. I want to sit down again every weekend and tell the wife i'm not talking to you at all this weekend.

But it's not Marinakis fault. It's the overall economy. It extends it's ugly head into everything including futbol and it has impacted futbol. The Vardinogiannis and Mellisanidis etc... couldn't keep up. So for the rest of the 50% population that don't support Olympiacos blame them because they are the only healthy one.

Thrilled about Chelsea's transfer season so far. A shaky David Luiz leaving for $50 MM was a gift from PSG in addition to shoring up limitations at the striker position by bringing in Costa (who fits Mourinho's #9 role well) as well as replacing Super Frank with Fabregas have been A+ moves so far. Also thrilled with the Felipe Luis addition to make the back line 5/6 players deep. Would like to see Torres depart for a decent sum but that may take some time. The only significant lineup question is at keeper, as I'm leaning towards playing Cech in the BPL and Courtois in the cup matches. Any fellow blues on the forums?

Just turned this game on FOX Sports 1

Eh, entaksi...we can go back and forth all day like every other PAOK and Olympiakos fan in the world, lol. Perhaps over some beers and 18 holes of golf next time I'm in Toronto, or if you ever come around my neck of the woods. I understand Oly has more money, better players, no debt etc etc but how did all that come about? What's the foundation? Don't tell me everything's been fair and square all along.

I'm not a huge fan of Savvidis. he talks too much. But let's face it, without him, PAOK is in Aris shoes right now. He brought financial stability to the team. That alone is good in his 2 years as owner. He's been trying to settle the debt, and just the debt (not the ridiculous penalties etc) with the Greek Gov since day 1. He's been buried in red tape to build new training facilities. He sank $1M into our youth academy (arguably the best academy is Greece) he even bailed the basketball team out. Considering the bourdello Greece is economically and Politically, you really can't fault him for not cannon balling into the pool and dropping $50M on day 1 just to compete....he needs to size up the sharks he's swimming with.

I'd hardly call him a dead beat...and I'd find it hard to believe a stupid Pontio born in Russia as a poor boy could rise up to the ranks he has and be worth an estimated $500M Euros, self made, not mpampaka's money like Vangella, without at least a little bit of brains.

And also, let's not forget, Karaiskaki was a gift to Olympiako's and it's under lease.

Regardless of all that stuff...it's all been said and will keep being said by others. Imagine cutting super league to 10-12 teams (Like Belgium did I believe) and eliminating the stupid play-offs and having Olympiakos, PAO, AEK, PAOK, Aris, Iraklis, Asteras, Atromitos, Larissa and Kavala in good financial standing and all actually being competitive. That would be freaking awesome.

PS It's funny how every conversation/debate about the Greek League sounds so similar....I had this conversation almost word for word with a friend of mine a few days ago.

I'm glad Paul Lambert is so confident that Ron Vlaar will be staying at Villa. Wish I had his confidence!!

I'm glad Paul Lambert is so confident that Ron Vlaar will be staying at Villa. Wish I had his confidence!!

Dude August 16th HUGE opening match.......Go Potters!

Back