So the PURE install gun can be used on most all grips or are ya'll using some thing else for the install?

I've used it on all kinds of grips.

Only have issues when butt of grip is to big for the pure nozzle.

So the PURE install gun can be used on most all grips or are ya'll using some thing else for the install?

I bought an inflation kit from lowes for like $10. Has a bunch of different air gun tips and I use them all for various tasks

Awesome! What about standard size winn grips?

If it's a grip and has the hole on the end for nozzle to fit in, it will work.

I've done SS putter grips as well as belly grips also. Trust me...it'll work.

Im cheap..I use mineral spirits & a cheap thin aluminum turkey pan from Walmart. Oh & golf 2sided tape

Here is the stuff. pan, spirits, tee, funnel & rag. Think everything is self explanatory. But last pic pretend the grip isn't on. Poor solvent over shaft remove funnel & tee slide grip on.
temyrepa.jpg

qyde8y7a.jpg

uze5yzub.jpg

my3ezujy.jpg

As others have said USE PLENTY OF SOLVENT.

I pour the solvent in the grip (with a finger over the hole at the bottom) then put another finger over the top hole and slosh it around a bit... then when i'm pouring, i hole a small plastic painter's roller dish under the taped shaft to avoid the mess (it also cuts down on solvent waste!). Also, make sure to keep one hand dry, as it's easier to secure the grip completely if you have one hand that is clean to support the shaft.

You may want to watch this video a couple of times... to uh... make sure you've got it

Hey guys are you usually able to do a whole set using one roll of tape? It's a pretty big roll but I'm not sure if I should get two. I went midsize before and didn't need much tape but now I'm going standard and building them up. Just wasn't sure if a roll could finish 13 clubs at 3-4 wraps a club.

I use 2" wide tape & no xtra wraps. The 36 yrd roll last for alot of clubs..I mean several sets

One roll should be fine. I just bought a new roll after about a year and a half and multiple full set grip jobs.

JM

K I'll just grab one. Thanks guys

You don't necessarily have to use "grip tape".

I use 2" wide carpet tape... it's a few dollars cheaper per roll, and you can find it at any hardware store. Works great!

As others have said USE PLENTY OF SOLVENT.

I pour the solvent in the grip (with a finger over the hole at the bottom) then put another finger over the top hole and slosh it around a bit... then when i'm pouring, i hole a small plastic painter's roller dish under the taped shaft to avoid the mess (it also cuts down on solvent waste!). Also, make sure to keep one hand dry, as it's easier to secure the grip completely if you have one hand that is clean to support the shaft.

You may want to watch this video a couple of times... to uh... make sure you've got it

I get distracted easily so I have to keep watching the video to make sure I have this down pat.:angel:

K I'll just grab one. Thanks guys

Yes, like Rallo said. You could use ..say masking tape 1st against the shaft for build up & then golf tape for the last application. Save $ & golf tape

Yes, like Rallo said. You could use ..say masking tape 1st against the shaft for build up & then golf tape for the last application. Save $ & golf tape

Gotcha makes sense. Thanks I'll try that

Just put on new Crossline midsizegrips; man those Miyazaki fairway shafts were a pain but it all worked out

ybuhuzu3.jpg

Just put on new Crossline midsizegrips; man those Miyazaki fairway shafts were a pain but it all worked out

ybuhuzu3.jpg

Yeah those Ckua's are a pain in the arse to regrip.

Matrix also..anything over .610 is tuff

Done my first attempt at gripping yesterday, after watching so many different videos it didn't look to hard. Ill say this I wont be taking my clubs to shop to do it, simple and easy.

Thanks to all you good people here, I regripped my Adams a12os and assorted wedges with Lamkin UTx using the solvent/tape method. Wish the caps weren't blue Eager to try them out and very glad for the move to midsize, seems more comfortable.

20150617_184153_zpshp8taxaq.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1434596679324.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1434596679324.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 0
I love the UTX grips! I only have them on my wedges but want to buy a full set of midsize to do so my new clubs while I'm recovering from surgery.

UTx are the best grip out there right now. Won't put anything else on my clubs!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Just put the GolfPride Niion grips on my irons last weekend which replaced the Lamkin crossline ace that I played in the Morgan Cup. I think a tear fell from my eye as I cut each and every one of them off.

Back