FunGolf GPS iPhone App Review

The review of the update is up and James covers a lot of ground. Really good info. Check it out on the home page.

Really want this to be released for android

Outstanding updated review! I am now very close to downloading this app. I really like the fact that they fixed the putting stroke issue along with the ability to specify how much of a swing was taken....even if I hope to never have to select "shank".

This really seems to do everything I look for in an app especially with club testing and the ability to measure shot distance.

Now off to see how much this is gonna cost me.

Outstanding updated review! I am now very close to downloading this app. I really like the fact that they fixed the putting stroke issue along with the ability to specify how much of a swing was taken....even if I hope to never have to select "shank".

This really seems to do everything I look for in an app especially with club testing and the ability to measure shot distance.

Now off to see how much this is gonna cost me.
I downloaded the free version on my iPad, doesnt do much since there is no GPS function but it's an impressive UI.

Really want this to be released for android

Second that.

I'm fine with the GPS apps I currently use, but the second I go into the map mode to see the hole layout I have no idea if some of the hazards are water, trees, or whatever.

This one really is crazy impressive. It really is.

This has been purchased, downloaded, and configured. Looking forward to trying it this weekend!

This has been purchased, downloaded, and configured. Looking forward to trying it this weekend!

Very cool Cookie. The only thing I'll advise, and I hit on it in both reviews, is that if you use the tracking feature to record all of your shots, do NOT sync them to your distances post round. Because it will include all varied shots like chips/pitches/etc it can skew your suggested club based on your distance. Its really the only hiccup in there IMHO.

Thanks, makes sense. Doubtful I would use for all shots...probably just the longer shots that require full swings and tuning in the hybron distances, etc.

Very cool Cookie. The only thing I'll advise, and I hit on it in both reviews, is that if you use the tracking feature to record all of your shots, do NOT sync them to your distances post round. Because it will include all varied shots like chips/pitches/etc it can skew your suggested club based on your distance. Its really the only hiccup in there IMHO.

Great info. I downloaded the lite version to give it a shot, but I think I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger. I just looks so much better than Golflogix to me

Question for Jman: Are you able to track FW's hit without using the shot tracking feature. I know it will auto calculate the GIR based on par & how many putts.....but can't find a way to easily track FW's hit. Thanks!

Question for Jman: Are you able to track FW's hit without using the shot tracking feature. I know it will auto calculate the GIR based on par & how many putts.....but can't find a way to easily track FW's hit. Thanks!

If you use the automatic shot by shot tracking feature to keep distances it automatically records it as a FIR if the second recorded shot comes from the fairway. How are you recording the round?

If you use the automatic shot by shot tracking feature to keep distances it automatically records it as a FIR if the second recorded shot comes from the fairway. How are you recording the round?

I wasn't really recording it shot by shot....just using the GPS and manually entering in score & putts after each hole. Guess I should turn on the auto shot tracking feature....

I wasn't really recording it shot by shot....just using the GPS and manually entering in score & putts after each hole. Guess I should turn on the auto shot tracking feature....

So your'e just using the wheels at the scorecard tab correct?

I honestly believed recording would be a giant PITA myself when I got it in for review, and in the first version it had its moments of being, but since the update it works really well and is super easy. You don't even have to worry about tacking precise distances (I only do off the tee to my second shot) just pick your club and tap record before you swing. On the actual screen you're looking at of the GPS it will give you a pull up list of shots like this:

photo_zps03bf4ce4.png

Then you can just tap your drive/1st shot on the list and enter the lie you had (fairway, rough, whatever) on that tap. It really is quite easy once you do it a couple of times, I promise. Should have came down and gave you an in person tutorial. :alien:

Personal tutorial would have been nice....hahaha. 5 1/2 hour rounds suck though.

Will be walking tomorrow so it will be much easier to utilize shot tracking for me. Will give the full gamut a go, thanks for the help buddy!

Downloaded it and loved it for first couple rounds...cannot get it to stay open to use it now...it keeps shutting down right after I open it...

Downloaded it and loved it for first couple rounds...cannot get it to stay open to use it now...it keeps shutting down right after I open it...

Contact them, they'll get back at ya. May have to unistall and reinstall it sounds like. Never had it happen with this but I have with other apps before.

Contact them, they'll get back at ya. May have to unistall and reinstall it sounds like. Never had it happen with this but I have with other apps before.

Yep plan to, weird....love the app though...

Actually used this again this weekend when I forgot my rangefinder and watch, its still my favorite of all the GPS apps of all those ones that I tested.

Actually used this again this weekend when I forgot my rangefinder and watch, its still my favorite of all the GPS apps of all those ones that I tested.

I wish I hadnt used my free trial up. Love this app, but just dont feel like paying $20 for another app!

I wish I hadnt used my free trial up. Love this app, but just dont feel like paying $20 for another app!

Yeah, I honestly forgot about it for a while, but its just so streamlined. The stat tracking is great, wonder if I could just start using it for that...might get too much going on though w my watch and laser too.

Nice to have a good backup!

Thanks for the reminder, bought this awhile back and may need to give it a go again. Wish I could import the stats into US Handicap from this app.

Anyone still using this?

I only played one round this year and Golfshot couldn't save my score, then I saw it was being migrated elsewhere.

I checked out this thread and downloaded the app, but it was free? It looks great. Not sure if there's a trial or not.

Anyone still using this?

I only played one round this year and Golfshot couldn't save my score, then I saw it was being migrated elsewhere.

I checked out this thread and downloaded the app, but it was free? It looks great. Not sure if there's a trial or not.

They had it as the "free app of the week" a while back

There is a free version and a full version. The full version was free, and I use it every round. An app I would gladly pay for.

Back