My buddy lee,,this guy is a true machine

He reminds me of Mike Maves from SITD.

Hope you guys are all doing good . Make a birdie for me :) or a par is nice too

Had to back to the children's hospital twice .. But last week ( no headaches ) :) and his hair is growing back

his 1st golf swing with a set of plastic clubs i bought for his birthday . Not sure about you guys , but next year I will be taking lessons from him . Maybe this game was meant to just swing and don't think :)

old dad has been playing on and off for 36 years . I never looked like that at impact

Last edited:
Had to back to the children's hospital twice .. But last week ( no headaches ) :) and his hair is growing back

Glad to hear that MM, that's great progress.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The swing is 1.8 seconds ... Just swing it , and play by feel . All I'm going to do , the trackman/instructor and lee helped me realize this . Still when the divot is nice and shallow I do my best , deep gouges and I miss it all over.

Divot observing is your own cheap free trackman . Will just work on improving short game until next early season or mid season/ or whenever I can play again

So glad your boy is doing better. True to your name though your posts really are a mystery to me haha. Fluid swing keep at it.

Glad your boy is doing better MM.
Big relief .. One week with no issues feels like 10 years . The daily and sometimes every half hour screams and cries will just eat at you .. Nothing you can do , helpless feeling

Great to see your son if feeling much better. Also sweet to see him playing some golf with you there.

Glad to see you back MM. Happy to also hear your boy is doing a bit better.

Just swinging at home or on driving range . Not golf in the true sense , but nice to still stay somewhat involved with it .
It sure better than where you were a few weeks ago. Glad to see your boy and him swinging that club. Looking pretty good.

If anybody has read the Mike Bender article in the newest Golf Digest, it sure reads a lot like Leecomotion. Or at least parts of it.

1st) everything is going real nice , and the weather is beautiful 2nd) learn a technique from lee , swinging the butt of the club . Been using it on the range , and it is working very very well . Trackman confirmed i gained accuracy and distance with this. Some call swinging the handle not the clubhead . Works great on pitching too , ball shoots up real nice from good or bad lies . Next I'm going to give the10 finger baseball grip a real go . I think it was meant to use this Idea , and would be the icing on the cake per say . Still haven't played a round yet , but I go to the range 3 times a week and used trackman twice . A very easy way to play now , still slamming the club but added this new idea . Hope everyone is doing well . A lengthy video. , but I only missed one shot. ( a 30 yard pitch .. Fat. :) )

I just love watching and listening to this guy . Proper loading and use of the handle , than bam.. One after another. Trying to catch this guy is tough

Any idea what lee's handicap is?

and the weird thing , after all this time . It feels so so Ott , but according to trackman it is from the inside ? I get nice long divots now. Cool stuff , wish I could play one more tourney before season is over . Already for next year. It looks Ott , but it says down the online or slightly inside . Weird , I guess you can't go by looks but have to focus on results .

Last edited:
I just read through the whole thread and watched a number of videos before the firewall blocked youtube. I am glad you have found success with it and I appreciate you sharing it with us. If I just watch the swing, I can glean some helpful swing ideas which I am going to try to help my swing. However, I am totally confused by most of what is said and written about the swing. To me, it often does not correlate to what I am seeing. I am not a great golfer, but I am pretty good at analysis. I have a graduate degree in Engineering so I do understand the physics and understand a lot of what I see if I am not good at translating the thought to the feel of my swing often enough. I think most of us want to understand the swing better but just aren't getting a clear understanding.
The old teacher in me feels the need to attempt to be helpful and point out where I believe much confusion lies, at least from my viewpoint. Most is just the need for better clarification and less generalized statements.

I think the most confusing ideas are:

• Big muscles tire quicker than small muscles
    • This is just inaccurate.
  • No need for lag
    • I see lag in your and Lee's swings so I am confused by this.
  • Reference to swing for looks and swing for results
    • This confuses me as well as there are many different looking swings on Tour and they are all effective. Granted, many are what I think you are referring when stating a swing for looks but that doesn't make them any less effective. For you personally, perhaps it is function over looks but, in my opinion, your swing looks pretty good. I would not think anything looked strange if I saw you swinging on the course.
  • The Over the Top move
    • I personally don't really see the over the top move that is mentioned. It appears to me as if both MM and Lee are getting into a good slot position that I am continually striving to achieve consistently. Maybe it is clearer in some of the videos I was unable to watch.
  • The mention of the periodic table with regard to epoxy bonding better to graphite than chrome
    • this is not applicable as an epoxy does not chemically bond with the graphite shaft or the metal. It is a physical bond which is why the surface prep is so strongly encouraged. The epoxy itself hardens due to a chemical bond (curing) between the resin and the hardener but it is not changing the properties of the metal or carbon fibers by chemically bonding with them.
  • Slamming the sole down
    • This is confusing and needs more clarification. If I try to slam the club down to hit down on the ball I almost always hit it extremely fat. Obviously there is more to this part of your technique.
  • Pivot
    • I don't understand the mention of not pivoting because I see rotation. Perhaps it is more of a feeling of less rotation?
  • Baseball references
    • In general, I don't have any issue with them except for the blanket statements. I understand what you are saying on how it feels like your old baseball swing and your experience with pull power hitters but it doesn't hold true across the board. My baseball swing was extremely similar to one of your GIFs, with my weight heavily on my left heel at finish and more of a backward lean. If I do that in my golf swing, I end up in a terrible reverse pivot and more often than not will push or slice. When I finish my golf swing, I want my weight more toward the ball of my Also, I generally led my team in HRs but mine were mostly straight away or the right center gap with mid left field being the farthest left I ever hit deep shots (as a right handed batter).

I believe you are so excited about the results and appreciative of Lee that the explanation is being lost in the praise for Lee. If the swing is broken down into a clear concise explanation, I am sure you will be hearing much more praise for bringing this to our attention. I apologize for the extra long post.

Chicktopher

One thing I'm trying to work on , I always get ahead of myself . And I did it here , and for that I apologize . This swing is very vertical with hands feeling like they are always in front ( and never stuck behind me ) . That feeling produces the Ott feeling/ steep , which ironically is a feel that still leads to an inside approach to the ball . So for me , I still have a hard time grasp this as well . Steep in feel , but yet on plane to slightly inside .. Weird . Secondly the slam is literally aiming 6 inches in front of the ball with your intent . No picking the ball clean , but more of a shallow divot .. This is all created by the setup . 60% weight left foot 40% right ( very stack and tilt in feel ) .. Very similar .. Head is in middle of stance , and stance is wide not narrow . ( that is where the no pivot takes place / wide stance ) . It is a narrow to wide swing , you almost want to feel the hands are going to hit your right ear on the backswing .. More of a bent left arm and bent right . A golf motion to me used to feel very rotary , this feels stationary .. Almost like swinging an axe with the Ott feeling . It is very powerful and accurate . I did well this year , but ran Into a few issues at home that ended my season . Still practicing this when I can . Very repeatable and easy to do . The part I'm on now is swing the handle not the clubhead . This gives me the width on the way down / prevents flipping and feels square thru impact and beyond . The baseball split grip will only help with the part I'm on now .

This was a little broad , but I tried to sum it down in my own words . I know I will confuse , so forgive me if I do . I will help anyway I can

part 1 . Where I do Ott and try and pull it as hard as I can . No matter what I did that day , the pull thought made the ball go dead straight . I'm a pull hitter and love it and a natural Ott slicer when I first started this game . All I would do is slice, you know what .. With this motion I don't slice , I slice when I swing inside out not out to in . That is what is weird .. I feel like I hit the outside of the ball to hook ; and I hit the inside of the ball to slice now .

hope I helped a bit , lee helped a ton . And really he was the only person I ever listened to online . His stuff matches up perfectly with the guys I respect as local teachers . They agree with it , I love it. .. And I'm sticking to this no matter what . My way and I love doing it .

Thanks MM. I think a lot of the confusion is that there isn't a clear description of the correct setup for this swing and that I don't think about my swing the same way as you think about yours and therefore was getting confused by some of the comments. I do not think about trying to come from the inside and definitely not the same way about hitting it straight which it took me a couple rewinds to figure out what you meant by missing straight. One other bit of confusion is the OTT move and slicing. The slice is caused by the spin you impart on the ball which can be done from an inside out path with an open face on the inside of the ball. It is just more common and easier to cut across the ball from the outside in. I have a bit of a natural OTT move with my longer clubs that will either be a fade if the face is slightly open or a pull if it is closed.

Still not sure what you mean by no pivot and a wide stance. Your stance appears to be a standard athletic stance width, nothing exceptionally wide, and there definitely is some coil happening.

It appears to me that you were getting caught up in a lot of swing thoughts as all of us have done at one time or another. Now you are swinging more with what feels right and still gives results. My swing with my irons is not terribly far from what you are doing but I take a shallower divot and I have been hitting them pretty well. I think there was an informational overload happening and this method "speaks" to you so you are having success. I have had the overload and it would get me all tied up in knots. I am now working on finding the "feeling" of my swing when I was hitting and scoring well and trying to do that repeatedly. I will try this, to the best of my understanding, at the range and see how it feels to me and the results I get. The main difference I see is the weight distribution.

Chick

hands are always in front ( vertical batters stance ) .. I hit than pivot . Or. ( divot than pivot ) . By focusing a few inches in front of the ball , it keeps the face square for me . Once I cross that point I'm naturally pivoting hard left . It is weird , but it feels I'm hitting the outside of the ball and that keeps it on a good exit path . The ball will fly true . When I thought golf , I always thought about rotating back and rotating thru . The turn on this feels more on the way down ( open left) than the backswing . A lot of absolutes here , and I see a lot of things that people can add that will help them . The focusing on front and not behind ball is great in itself . Helped me accelerate thru , swing as hard as I wanted without worrying about fats and misses . That was the start for me , rest was piece by piece and yard by yard . It's unique for online golf , but believe me that teachers in public are promoting many similar facets . Hope it goes well , and hope i helped a little

Chick

hands are always in front ( vertical batters stance ) .. I hit than pivot . Or. ( divot than pivot ) . By focusing a few inches in front of the ball , it keeps the face square for me . Once I cross that point I'm naturally pivoting hard left . It is weird , but it feels I'm hitting the outside of the ball and that keeps it on a good exit path . The ball will fly true . When I thought golf , I always thought about rotating back and rotating thru . The turn on this feels more on the way down ( open left) than the backswing . A lot of absolutes here , and I see a lot of things that people can add that will help them . The focusing on front and not behind ball is great in itself . Helped me accelerate thru , swing as hard as I wanted without worrying about fats and misses . That was the start for me , rest was piece by piece and yard by yard . It's unique for online golf , but believe me that teachers in public are promoting many similar facets . Hope it goes well , and hope i helped a little

That's what I am saying about thinking about it differently. I wouldn't have described it the way you just did. I have a different way of seeing it. I do not see what I would call hands always in front. I see what I call a pivot starting before you hit and finishing after you have hit. I actually DO see what you mean on the turn being less on the backswing than the finish. I never focus on the back of the ball so that isn't an issue. I don't really get the slamming the club down concept works with the woods though. I don't want my driver hitting the ground. Honestly, for me, the irons were strictly about finding the correct spot in my stance to address the ball so that I was hitting it just before the club reached its arc peak.

Back