Wilson Staff Proto Utility Iron

In a sense Wilson is using the driving iron photo and even pictures of the 100 Anniversary Nexus bag as a marketing tool.The look alone makes golfers have a reaction.Still,I think for Wilson to really make noise they have to advertise in some traditional media form.And before someone says they do television on GC on the European tour I say so what.Wilson Staff does better over there than in the states anyway. They need to reach the American golfer.They have a window but a company like Bridgestone who has super cool clubs coming and the marketing side in play will do better.
Agreed, that is the first thing I noticed.

This is the monster PhillyV and I fell in love with. In the words of Jon Pergande, "Commit to making a solid swing, and this club will do the rest." My most memorable shot of the weekend, a tee shot on number 10 that took off like a rocket and had about 2 feet of draw on it. We can say that the stock shaft will be a Kuro Kage.

Wilson Staff Proto Utility Iron

This club is a MONSTER! I hit the 2 and the 4 and both felt great. Very clean looking and the Kuro Kage is a great fit for it. I will probably be adding the 2 to my bag for next season

I also hit the 2 and this club was awesome. It won't be "if" it will be "when" is this ending up in my bag.

Seems like the tag-line "seriously" is no longer a joke.I did not remember reading about this club over the weekend.

This is the monster PhillyV and I fell in love with. In the words of Jon Pergande, "Commit to making a solid swing, and this club will do the rest." My most memorable shot of the weekend, a tee shot on number 10 that took off like a rocket and had about 2 feet of draw on it. We can say that the stock shaft will be a Kuro Kage.
Love the sounds of that stock shaft!

I can't wait to check them out in person!

Anyone get one of these in their hands in 2015 yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hadn't seen them anywhere here in DFW yet.

Is this a pic of Paddy using one???

I believe so..

He had one in the bag last week

Looks like it. He had the V4 utility in the bag.

The pic was far enough a way I couldn't tell for sure, but looked bigger than a v2 iron for sure.

Is this a pic of Paddy using one???

Yea if you look closely you can see the weight screw in the sole. And a little hint of gold on the v4 line.

If it plays well, I'm really thinking I would prefer these over a hybrid. I've always been an iron guy, I still bag my 3 iron. It's just those days when I'm chopping down on the ball that make me dislike the 3 iron. This could be my perfect 'middle.'

~Rock

If it plays well, I'm really thinking I would prefer these over a hybrid. I've always been an iron guy, I still bag my 3 iron. It's just those days when I'm chopping down on the ball that make me dislike the 3 iron. This could be my perfect 'middle.'

~Rock

This iron played real smooth. Didn't have the right shaft in it for me but I could tell how easy it was to hit and I've never hit a 2 iron before.

~Rock
I'm thinking these are right up your ally buddy!

~Rock

I hit it a couple times off of the tee and it was SMOOTH. Supposedly the big difference between this and their hybrids is that better players tend to hook hybrids. These are weighted in such a way as to minimize that.

I can't say that I qualify as a 'better player,' but my miss with the hybrid is definitely a giant hook. I've gotten better at it, hit far less hooks, but its still a problem.

Thanks for the thoughts everyone.

~Rock

I'd love to hit one of these, maybe if I see one at the shop. More than likely wouldn't game it, but utility irons are fun clubs.

I wonder if it would make sense to make a whole set of these, 4 - GW? Seems like it would perform well for those looking for distance, but don't really need the massive forgiveness of an SGI.

I wonder if it would make sense to make a whole set of these, 4 - GW? Seems like it would perform well for those looking for distance, but don't really need the massive forgiveness of an SGI.
Is that what the C100s are?

Check out the Callaway Big Bertha irons, they're exactly what you're describing (minus the screw-in weights on the bottom).

Back