The Official Tiger Woods Thread

You'd think that. It's pretty sad he has no trust with his driver. It's also pretty sad that his touch right now with the wedges and putter are atrocious. I know this was his 6th round back but man..

He's come back rusty before but always had the short game. I'd love to see him go see Stockton and remember what's it's like to putt to the picture in his head

Does anyone think he would benefit from a mini driver (not the actress)?

Does anyone think he would benefit from a mini driver (not the actress)?
In all honesty he could probably use both.

He's come back rusty before but always had the short game. I'd love to see him go see Stockton and remember what's it's like to putt to the picture in his head

He just needs to quit putting like a sissy.. And maybe actually play with a bit of aggressive play. Don't fire at all 18, but Jesus man quit playing majors like it's the US Open

Aside from the wild driver, it just looked like he missed a.ton of moderate range putts where he usually makes a lot of hay.

Have you seen him putt lately? I remember when you KNEW he was going to make that 15 footer to save par and keep that lead. Now you're pretty sure he's going to miss that five footer for bogey.

Not sure I agree with all of that. When he's on, he's on. I think that goes for everyone. Didn't Phil recently has a 32 putt round? I'm sure few would argue that statistically Tiger isn't the best putter of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure I agree with all of that. When he's on, he's on. I think that goes for everyone. Didn't Phil recently has a 32 putt round? I'm sure few would argue that statistically Tiger isn't the best putter of all time.

Stats say he is the best of all time from 15' and in.

So many people get hung up on his stats, they're from his whole career for gods sake. In the last few years his previous performances have skewed the figures so that it still looks like he's better than he actually is. He looks decidedly average nowadays, sure he might catch fire from time to time but so can ANY other tour player.

So many people get hung up on his stats, they're from his whole career for gods sake. In the last few years his previous performances have skewed the figures so that it still looks like he's better than he actually is. He looks decidedly average nowadays, sure he might catch fire from time to time but so can ANY other tour player.

What other player won 5 times last year. He hasn't lived up to his past accomplishments but average is a bit far.

What other player won 5 times last year. He hasn't lived up to his past accomplishments but average is a bit far.
8 wins in 2 years. Who is closest to that?

Missing the point much? I said he's not playing well NOW and I can't see it happening any time soon.

Missing the point much? I said he's not playing well NOW and I can't see it happening any time soon.

But he always seem to find a way to give you hope that he will return to his old forum

I don't doubt, or deny that but with his current swing I really think he has very little chance of competing regularly. There's no doubt he's a special player but I still struggle to see him righting the ship any time soon.

You are right, he hasn't played well in the 16 rounds he has played this year lol. So compared to his 60 rounds of competitive golf he played last year on the PGA Tour that resulted in 5 wins, he is a little off and average looking.

You mean he's not playing his best after a whole 6 competitive rounds back from back surgery?

The Official Tiger Woods Thread

I think TW should put out a statement and blame Dicks for his slow start.

Last edited:
I think TW should put out a statement and blame Dicks for his slow start.

Dicks has always been an Achilles Heel for him.

TW is about to go into a playoff with Bob May on Golf Channel, if you're into that kind of thing.

TW is about to go into a playoff with Bob May on Golf Channel, if you're into that kind of thing.

I was at that tournament, but sat at 18 all day long. I still can't believe that putt he made on 16 in the playoff.

I was at that tournament, but sat at 18 all day long. I still can't believe that putt he made on 16 in the playoff.

It's about to happen. But good lord at those baggy pants and polo over the elbows.....

I can't believe that happened fourteen years ago.

I love watching the old rounds. I was only like 11 when it was live and it was hard for me to understand how good his game actually was. Fun to watch again

It's about to happen. But good lord at those baggy pants and polo over the elbows.....

I'd love for him to go back to that style if it meant his game in 2000 came back too.

Back