Gmamas Golf Pga Championship Charity Pool!! Opinions Please.

GMAMAS GOLF

Reaction score
Handicap
The British Open pool was a lot of fun, but we only raised $200 for the Folds of Honor and that is not acceptable.

This is what i am thinking for the PGA pool. Give me your thoughts.

$5 per entry into the pool. You can buy as many entries as you like. $20 would get you 4 entries, so you could put together 4 different teams to increase your chance of winning. 100% of the entry money will go to the charity.

Gmamas Golf will match every dollar raised up to $1000. .50 per dollar also goes to the charity and .50 per dollar goes into the prize pool for the winners.

So if we raise $1000 for charity from entries, Gmamas Golf would kick in $500 more for the charity and $500 in prizes for the winner.

Let's hear it.....

Last edited:
Interesting.

Where do people send the money? 100% proceeds go to charity, right?

Sounds like a great contest again for a charity, thanks again.
Really happy to see at least the $200 went to charity definitely better than nothing.

Interesting.

Where do people send the money? 100% proceeds go to charity, right?

edited original with proceeds questions.

we can work out payment. probably through paypal.

Great to see money go to good causes and have some fun along the way.

Sounds like a great idea. Something to a charity is better than nothing but expected we should have done better. Not sure how many people would shy away from paying to play though. Me - good for probably 3 or 4 teams in this format

We will just have to wait a few days and see how much interest we get. 5 bucks is not much from one individual, but if we get 100 people that will be a nice charity donation. Keep in mind we do not make a penny off of this. We are only supplementing what you guys contribute. As with all of our contests, this will be a huge money loser for us, BUT its for a great cause and who needs money anyway!!

The British Open pool was a lot of fun, but we only raised $200 for the Folds of Honor and that is not acceptable.

This is what i am thinking for the PGA pool. Give me your thoughts.

$5 per entry into the pool. You can buy as many entries as you like. $20 would get you 4 entries, so you could put together 4 different teams to increase your chance of winning. 100% of the entry money will go to the charity.

Gmamas Golf will match every dollar raised up to $1000. .50 per dollar also goes to the charity and .50 per dollar goes into the prize pool for the winners.

So if we raise $1000 for charity from entries, Gmamas Golf would kick in $500 more for the charity and $500 in prizes for the winner.

Let's hear it.....

anybody interested??

I'd definitely be in.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yes, love charities.

Yes, love charities.

we love those too, but we have not gotten a very good response from this post and its a little late to put something together now.
maybe our conscience will push us a little harder next time.

Just saw this. Sorry for the late response. I really appreciate the effort to do some good, so next time with a little more lead, I'm in.

we love those too, but we have not gotten a very good response from this post and its a little late to put something together now.

Maybe I am reading this post the wrong way. But that last sentence really bothers me. I don't like all the posts about certain charitable contributions being deemed unacceptable and now talking about how our conscience might make us push harder the next time.

Maybe I am reading this post the wrong way. But that last sentence really bothers me. I don't like all the posts about certain charitable contributions being deemed unacceptable and now talking about how our conscience might make us push harder the next time.

please elaborate, i am not sure i understand what you are saying.

The wording of your statement could be interpreted as an implication that "our" encompasses the THP community.

I assume when you say "our conscience" you mean gmamas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

please elaborate, i am not sure i understand what you are saying.

The first two statements that I quoted come off very bad IMO. While your heart may be in the right spot, telling people who helped donate $200 to charity, that the $200 donation is unacceptable is just flat out wrong. On top of that, saying that "maybe our conscience will push us a little harder next time" comes across to me that you are saying that we should feel bad that $200 got donated. I'm sorry, but I just don't get that one bit. It comes across as if you are telling people that their interests are in the wrong place. Is that true? Maybe it is for some. But it looks like a slap in the face to me and other members of the forum. In case you have missed it, THPers have gotten involved and donated to all sorts of charities within the last month while having some fun doing Ice Bucket Challenges. People have donated $5 to $100+ dollars to charities throughout that thread. Would I tell someone who donated 5 bucks that it was unacceptable, absolutely not.

As I said in my initial post today, perhaps I read it wrong, and hopefully you don't mean it like I am seeing it.

The first two statements that I quoted come off very bad IMO. While your heart may be in the right spot, telling people who helped donate $200 to charity, that the $200 donation is unacceptable is just flat out wrong. On top of that, saying that "maybe our conscience will push us a little harder next time" comes across to me that you are saying that we should feel bad that $200 got donated. I'm sorry, but I just don't get that one bit. It comes across as if you are telling people that their interests are in the wrong place. Is that true? Maybe it is for some. But it looks like a slap in the face to me and other members of the forum. In case you have missed it, THPers have gotten involved and donated to all sorts of charities within the last month while having some fun doing Ice Bucket Challenges. People have donated $5 to $100+ dollars to charities throughout that thread. Would I tell someone who donated 5 bucks that it was unacceptable, absolutely not.

As I said in my initial post today, perhaps I read it wrong, and hopefully you don't mean it like I am seeing it.

We are going to support our troops and their families. That is who we are and what we do. Hurting somebodies feelings along the way is inconsequential to us.

We certainly understand that some people will support us for that stance and some will not. We will live with that.

We have continually put our money where our mouth is and we hope the rest of the THP’ers will join us in our attempt to help the people who protect us.

If you read all of our posts you will see that we are always willing to give an unreasonably larger amount of money to the cause than what we ask anyone else to give. We just try to nudge people to do the right thing. If you find that offensive, then we are just in a different place.

Last edited:
We are going to support our troops and there families. That is who we are and what we do. Hurting somebodies feelings along the way is inconsequential to us.

We certainly understand that some people will support us for that stance and some will not. We will live with that.

We have continually put our money where our mouth is and we hope the rest of the THP’ers will join us in our attempt to help the people who protect us.

If you read all of our posts you will see that we are always willing to give an unreasonably larger amount of money to the cause than what we ask anyone else to give. We just try to nudge people to do the right thing. If you find that offensive, then we are just in a different place.
Gotta be honest. We must be on different planets then. We will agree to disagree and it's a free market I suppose but I will not be purchasing from your store. I support many charities and don't need to be told who, what, or how much I should donate. Nor should anyone be made to feel bad about whatever amount they can afford to or choose to donate. We all have different circumstances in life.

Gotta be honest. We must be on different planets then. We will agree to disagree and it's a free market I suppose but I will not be purchasing from your store. I support many charities and don't need to be told who, what, or how much I should donate. Nor should anyone be made to feel bad about whatever amount they can afford to or choose to donate. We all have different circumstances in life.
I couldn't agree more. I mean isn't it like the saying "it's the thought that counts" I'm sorry I can't afford to donate $1000 but would you rather have me not donate $20 at all? What if 100 people all hold on to their measly $20 donations? I don't understand that either.

I couldn't agree more. I mean isn't it like the saying "it's the thought that counts" I'm sorry I can't afford to donate $1000 but would you rather have me not donate $20 at all? What if 100 people all hold on to their measly $20 donations? I don't understand that either.

i dont even get this, we are have never asked anybody to donate $20. i think a $20 donation is awesome. anything is awesome. lets all just try to do something to help.

Gmamas Golf Pga Championship Charity Pool!! Opinions Please.

We are going to support our troops and there families. That is who we are and what we do. Hurting somebodies feelings along the way is inconsequential to us.

Are you a charity or a store? Hurting CUSTOMERS feelings may not be the best form of business model. Your charity work is commendable and it is documented well here.

You have done some nice things around THp but attempting to guilt people into donating to charity is not one of them. Frankly, using "support our troops" as a method to prove your point is insulting.

Thank you for the support of our troops but no thank you for your outlook on this matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

So upsetting an entire community, that has done nothing but support you, is inconsequential?

How many thousands have THPers spent with you guys that you would have never seen otherwise?

How much has the owner of this site promoted you guys and spoke so very highly of? That's the ONLY reason I knew you guys existed.

I haven't spent a dollar so far with your store and don't know that I plan to at this point.

i dont even get this, we are have never asked anybody to donate $20. i think a $20 donation is awesome. anything is awesome. lets all just try to do something to help.
My point was that you said $200 was unacceptable and kinda contradicts what you just said about any amount being awesome that's all. Im hoping it's just lost in translation and we both agree that any donation is a good one

My point was that you said $200 was unacceptable and kinda contradicts what you just said about any amount being awesome that's all. Im hoping it's just lost in translation and we both agree that any donation is a good one

Devok, i put up the entire $200. All we asked for was an email address. We were not knocking you guys on money, just participation.

Back