What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
76 at Caledonia with my boys from Team Paradise

37/40 - 77

Started on the back at Caledonia, 3 birdies and 5 bogies. Had a blow up hole on the front along with a birdie and 3 bogies. I'm rolling the ball well with the putter.

Shot a 83 today, getting closer to breaking into the 70s!! Terrible front 9 - 44 and pretty good back 39 (tying my personal best).

37/40 - 77

Started on the back at Caledonia, 3 birdies and 5 bogies. Had a blow up hole on the front along with a birdie and 3 bogies. I'm rolling the ball well with the putter.

Great round bro!

You said that your game would show up when the lights came on. I knew you were close on Tuesday.

Haha yup. Not just me though - lots of really solid golf today :) it was great to see!

PB Even par 35 over 9 holes. Big fist pump when I hit my last putt of the day.

82 at Caledonia. If I could make a few putts it could have been in the seventies like several of my awesome teammates.

99, not as good as the 96 a week ago on paper, but I was on the cusp of greatness today. For some reason my approach shots were so awesome they left me dumbfounded while putting. I usually have 1 or 2 good shots that keep me coming back per round. Today there was at least 10 of those shots. I even hit a 2-iron that felt like butter and just missed the green. Hit my longest drive of the year that was also dead-center. My drives are also now on the left side of the fairway, my course favors this and I have never been there before, either way left hook or off to the right side.

I don't know what to say. It just all seemed to work.
Except a 3 putt (was about an 85' putt though)

Short, easy, course, almost no hazards...

qe3e6y9e.jpg

Played an executive course (par 30) today and came in at 36. Thought the last hole would be a blow up as major slice (almost OB across another fairway) was my tee shot, but stuck a 7 iron to 3 feet and dropped the only birdie of the day

Holy crap CJ! Nice shooting man

72 (36-36) at caledonia this afternoon. Fun round with Fup, Neb and MPeterson.

Drove the ball really well. Irons were better, still not fantastic. Chipping game was good and putting was solid.

72 (36-36) at caledonia this afternoon. Fun round with Fup, Neb and MPeterson.

Drove the ball really well. Irons were better, still not fantastic. Chipping game was good and putting was solid.

Yeah but did you even graduate kindergarten?

Finally made it out for men's club tonight and shot 44-40-84. Had all of the pieces there to play well but it just didnt come together. I was really striking the ball well today but just missing by a few yards in the wrong direction. Hit 10/14 FIR but couldnt hit enough greens, going 5/18. Despite that, I still rolled in 2 birdies and some nice par saves, REALLLY loving having a Ping Zing 2 to roll again. I freaking love that thing. Cant wait to get my SuperStroke for it. Had 3 penalties but none on the back. I feel some good golf coming up.

Won the closest to the pin on #15 by just hitting the green. No one else did, I guess, and I was 70' away, haha. Ill take it.

Played yesterday with THPer and good friend Diabolo at Deerwood, which those of you not from Houston may recognize as the US open course from the movie Tin Cup. It's hosted stage 2 PGA tour qualifiers and is consistently top 10 in Texas. Great track, fast slick greens and thick rough. Tested a couple of different driver shafts that Diabolo generously offered me, tried one on the front and another on the back so my tee game was a little erratic. Front nine 4 fairways, 4 greens, one double, two bogeys for a 40. Back nine, saw two tee shots in the water and a three putt for a 42 and a total of 82.

hit some quality irons, couple of wedges from 140+ to 15 feet, a GW on the back from 131 to same and a 7 iron on 17 from 183 to 12 feet, putter just wouldn't fall. 32 total putts.

lesson this morning, then match play tournament on Saturday, followed by HAGA tournament Sunday morning

47-40 for 87. Absolutely played like crap for 16 holes, then went birdie-birdie on 17 and 18. Strange game....came a foot away from a hole-in-one on 17 (ball lipped out for the ace), then made the craziest birdie I've ever made. 18 is a shorter par 5....crush my drive, have 185 left, skull a 5 iron that goes 50 yards and hits a "carts" sign in the fairway and ricochets 30 yards backwards towards me, then take 7 iron and come up short of the green, then chip in for birdie. So I hit a 280 yard drive, a 20 yard 5 iron, a decent 7 iron, and then a chip that was perfect.

I shot a decent round of 46-43=89. My stats went
11/14 Fwys
6/18 Girs
34 Putts
0/4 up/downs

I couldn't get a putt to fall. I'm hit some great irons, Fairways were wide so I don't take much stock in the Fwys my driving average was about 235 so not great. I'll just keep working at it though.

6emy2y3y.jpg

Finished with 3 bogies in a row to miss breaking 80 by 1!!! Damn I was so close and wish I could of held it together. Missed too many greens to start my day and didn't putt very well. Should also note yes I used 3w off the tee because I'm shopping for drivers haha

Last edited:
42/26-88. Worst round on my home course all year. I just had nothing working for me. But, it was a beautiful day out so I can't complain too much.

Stan: 42/46 I think? 26 would be crazy :D

I broke the shaft of my driver wednesday, so shuffled some in my bag.

Went out with:
4wood, 20º hybrid, 1iron, 3-9iron, 48-52-56º wedges and my putter. Used the 1iron for the teeshot on the third :)
Shot 35 on the front nine par 36. Did good :)

Hell yes I game a 1iron. It's awesome!

41/47 for a 88. Only hit one fairway and had 3 GIRs really struggled off the tee especially with driver and 3W. Only 30 putts total with no 3 jacks. Started off really well. Wheels came off on huge last three holes shot 5 over on the last three, pretty painful.

44-45 for an 89. three shots better than what I average on that course. 34 putts.
Drained a 25 footer for birdie after a nice driver, gap wedge combo.

Finally played pretty well today, putting up a 39-37-76. I still left a lot of shots out there too. Missed a few great birdie chances but I guess I balanced it out with some nice par putts. Short game was on point today with 6 updowns. I blew it a little on the front (played the back first) with a bogey and a double on #6 & #7. I knew I was scoring well and put a couple nervous swings on the ball. I turned it around to par the last two though. Glad to finally put some holes together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back