How Old Are Your Grips?

LordByron

Reaction score
Handicap
I am in the middle of the 4th season with the same set of Golf Pride NDMC and they still seem fine to me. it seems crazy to me that they have lasted this long. I don't hit a ton of range balls, maybe 100 a month? I play about 40-50 rounds a year. The grips show no wear pattern at all.

I also played the same glove for a full season and a half, until my playing partner gave me one because my was so discolored. It was still in good shape though.

This may speak to my overall grip pressure.

The thing I do to extend the life is wash my grips fairly regularly, and a couple times a year..lightly sand them with med grit sand paper and then wash. They are like new after this treatment. I saw Gary Player do this once on a t.v. show.

I change clubs more often than I change grips unfortunately.

I change clubs more often than I change grips unfortunately.

Yep, this is me. I have a full set of Lamkin UTx's waiting for an install right now, once I decide which clubs I'm playing long term haha. Yeah, I feel like the once a year regrip thing is a myth for most people, especially if you wash the grips every so often. Totally rejuvenates the tack.

I can usually get 2 years (about 200 rounds) out of my NDMC. Very rarely go to the range.

This may speak to my overall grip pressure.

I think this can have a big impact on grip life. I have light grip pressure and my grips tend to last 2 seasons with roughly 100 rounds a year.

Like a lot of people I tend to change the clubs before I would think of changing grips. I'm hoping the AP2's are going to change my ways. Right now I've got some Iomics on them and they are nice.

Almost a year. I usually change them yearly but this year I've played a little more and they need changed badly.

Probably reflects on how I swing the driver, but I replace the grip on it every 2 years...call it 100 rounds. Ususally NDMC.
Irons, I really haven't ever changed a grip. I never replaced the stock Callaways on my X-14s over maybe 7 years and never had an issue unless it was so wet I needed rain gloves.

I suspect the stock grips are a bit more rugged than anything you buy for tack / feel, though.

Depends on the club. My iron grips are probably over a year old. Other clubs just depends on when I got it. I've never had a set of NDMCs 'wear out'. I clean them every so often (gripes anyone? :D). I stick with irons for a while, but I change grips out when I feel like a change... Currently pondering going back to midsize for a while. Almost certainly gonna go NDMC again.

2 months old. Change them when they wear out (loose tackiness) or at the beginning of the summer season.

I wonder if the washing thing works on all types of grips. I have REL 3gen ace grips that are definitely less tacky after a couple of rounds with them. They are only about a month old.

I wonder if the washing thing works on all types of grips. I have REL 3gen ace grips that are definitely less tacky after a couple of rounds with them. They are only about a month old.

Gripes definitely helped mine when I gamed them last year. I'm sure soap and water would be the same. Certainly can't hurt.

The light sanding is what I find really helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine are just over a year old and like to change them every two seasons unless I find a grip I want to try out.

I'm still using grips that are 25+ years old, though they are new (GP green Victory). I have about 100 of them still on hand. More less the only grips I have ever used since the early 70's.

I do have GP Tour Velvet's on both of my current Callaway sets of clubs, but use the Victory's on my old clubs.

Mine are only a month old because I just changed but I'll usually regrip every year or year and a half

I have all of my changed every winter when I'm not playing golf up here. I have the Lamkin Gripes in my closet but haven't used them yet to clean my grips.

Golf pride NDMC this is my first season with brand new ones. I have had the same ones on for about 4-5 seasons up until this season. I think it's all about maintenance, I clean my grips frequently and I believe that makes a difference.

I change all my grips every winter before the season starts here.

63 years old :alien:

I clean mine every 10 rounds or so, but I go about 3 years between changes (approx 100 rounds).

Mine are about a year old. But I haven't played very many rounds or trips to the range.

Interesting, more cheepos like me than I expected!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New this season.

I regrip every spring before the season starts. I never clean them, though.

Back