What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
45/49 94. Struggled off the tee again today. 5 FIRs and only 3 GIRs. However, only 32 putts one 4 putt ugh... Played the Par 3s at -1 for the day though. Short game was a little better.

Shot 43 with only 1 gir. Wow I need to fix that but I hit most fairways. 7 bogeys and 2 pars with 16 putts

Eh, I about all I can say about my round today. I shot a 40-45=85(par 73). So from a score standpoint it wasn't bad.
I went:
9/14 Fairways (6/7 on the back 9)
4/18 Girs (doesn't really tell the whole story, I had another 5-6 on the fringe)
29 Putts (once again doesn't tell the whole story, lots of good chips but couldn't roll a good birdie putt)

I started the round with 4 Bogeys, then went on a roll of 5 pars to finish the 9. Back 9 starts with a long par 5 I play perfect but leave the birdie putt 3" short, make par. Then its all downhill from there. I duff the next drive 100 yards and end up making double. Then I dunk my next tee shot on a par 3 in the water, make double. Make par on the next par 5. Then crush a drive down the middle leaving 110 yards in, I proceed to hit 3 horrible shots and make double. Bogey the next hole which was fine as its a 431 yard par 4, so i didn't mind a 5 there. I par the next 2 holes. Then Block my tee shot on 18 and make bogey. This round could have been soooo good, but I guess thats the game of golf.

Eh, I about all I can say about my round today. I shot a 40-45=85(par 73). So from a score standpoint it wasn't bad.
I went:
9/14 Fairways (6/7 on the back 9)
4/18 Girs (doesn't really tell the whole story, I had another 5-6 on the fringe)
29 Putts (once again doesn't tell the whole story, lots of good chips but couldn't roll a good birdie putt)

I started the round with 4 Bogeys, then went on a roll of 5 pars to finish the 9. Back 9 starts with a long par 5 I play perfect but leave the birdie putt 3" short, make par. Then its all downhill from there. I duff the next drive 100 yards and end up making double. Then I dunk my next tee shot on a par 3 in the water, make double. Make par on the next par 5. Then crush a drive down the middle leaving 110 yards in, I proceed to hit 3 horrible shots and make double. Bogey the next hole which was fine as its a 431 yard par 4, so i didn't mind a 5 there. I par the next 2 holes. Then Block my tee shot on 18 and make bogey. This round could have been soooo good, but I guess thats the game of golf.

9/14 fairways? Might wanna close that x2hot thread lol you absolutely kill that xhot

9/14 fairways? Might wanna close that x2hot thread lol you absolutely kill that xhot

Lol, I was just getting ready to lock that up, I actually used the BioCell today. I jacked it up to 12*(probally a touch to high) but was getting a solid 230 average with 2 drives at 250.

51/47 for a 98, but the round was very encouraging. Played front 9 hitting only 3 of 7 fairways, but on the back I finally figured out the SLDR and hit 5 of 7, with the two misses the result of barely hitting through the turn of a dogleg. Ever drive on the back was 250+ with the desired ball flight, so I was very happy with that. Lost a lot of strokes putting (and around the greens) as the greens had just been punched and were in very poor condition. Approach shots were very difficult due to outflow from thunderstorms resulting in some pretty crazy wind conditions.

Based purely on ball striking I probably could have shot in the upper 80s, so I was very pleased. My timing was significantly improved and my hands didn't get chewed up like the normally do, so very happy this evening.

managed a 71--level par for our course. 40/31 = -4 on the back nine and left 2 putts hanging on the lip. My best round in years! Have begun using a 12* degree driver and learning that scoring is much easier from the fairways.

Side hill lies are hell too. :at-wits-end: The biggest issue overall for me with having gone through the knee thing and now going through it again, is staying in your spine tilt. When I keep my spine tilt properlyt, I strike my irons so well. The problem being it's near impossible with the bum knee/knees to stay in a good position.

Take care of yourself big guy and keep me informed on how your journey goes with your upcoming surgery!

Thanks OG. You nailed it on all accounts. I had a downhill side hill out of rough that ended up in a mess. Definitely cost me a stroke on that hole

The spine angle comment is a bullseye. I tried to do it on the range and the results weren't good. So I kind of defaulted to my coming out of the shot swing. It's certainly not the best swing, but at least I was physically able to swing.

Also found the limited forex of my swing due to being afraid to put all my weight on the left side, helped me make more in control swings and despite the mid round hooks hit driver pretty solid today.

Shot an honest 50 on a par 35 today, which is about average for me, but until this year I hadn't been counting penalty strokes.

Biggest problem continues to be ball-striking, lots of thin shots costing strokes. Also seem to be PULLING the ball slightly (stupid right handed charts being confusing). This has been a consistent issue lately. Better than the start of last year when everything was a huge slice though.

Also, apparently my distances have gone up. I measured 135 for my PW (used to be 125) and 160 for my 8 (used to be 145-150).

I played with my driver for the first time ever, and while I lost two balls off the tee, I did hit one nice and straight on the last hole, 260 yards with a fade right around a tree and 58 yards out from the green.

So lots to work on. I want to try and play at least two rounds per month through the rest of the year. And I think I'll get some bright yellow balls this week as well. And a big boy bag...my Sunday bag is full as I'm bringing 12 clubs with me now.

Shot 39-41-80 today in my weekly cash game. Played pretty well considering the hangover I carried with me. Pretty solid ball striking today but my short game stayed home. Couldnt chip worth a damn. Had 4 birdies, 8 bogeys, and 2 doubles. Had three other really good looks at birdie that didnt fall. Otherwise, if I missed the green, it was pretty much an auto-bogey. Fun round for sure.

Last edited:
40 48 for an 88 could have been my best ever but the last 3 holes killed me I strayed from my game plan and it came back to bite me.

Overall my game felt really good. Left a bunch out there like missed birdie putts and some poor club decision.

Tied a PB at this course and just had a blast playing this awesome game. I am finally getting to the point in my golfing life that my good shot significantly out weigh the bad and it feels awesome.

Shot a 44-42 for an 86 this afternoon. Was the most confusing round I've had in a while as my long irons were nearly perfect on the day but my short game was awful. Missed about 5 putts in the 5-7 foot range and fluffed a pair of chips. Very encouraging round from a ball striking standpoint but the short game still needs plenty of work!

43/45=88 at Chapel Ridge in Pittsboro, NC. I was really happy with how I played. Really no complaints except for one 3-putt. Of course I would have liked to hit a few more fairways and greens, but I recognize that right now I can't expect to play too much better and that's OK.

89 yesterday and 88 today...it was a good weekend.

Shot 55/46 for a 101. Front nine just couldn't get off the tee, but was able to pull myself together and put up something a little more respectable for me on the back. I know what I need to work on and I feel good I was at least able to turn it around.

44/50 on a 137 slope course with 18 pins set as if it was Sunday at the freakin Masters - just stupidly hard, everything tucked and protected, at least a few approaching illegal.

I guess the good news is that my horrific putting day (3 three jacks and a 4 putt included in the total of 35 putts) resulted in my old normal number of putts, so maybe I am really improving with the flat stick.

Last edited:
Shot 83 today at River Ridge for Houston Amatuer Golf association, had no game today, warm up was horrible, only hit 7 fairways and 4 greens all day, turned 2 of those into birdies but also threw up 2 doubles and an 8 on a par 4. So 11 over and wasted 8 of that on just 3 holes. Just wasn't my day, driver was hooking, irons weren't up to normal, only thing did well today was putt.

The wife and I played in a couples tourney yesterday. It had 3 formats, 6 holes of scramble, 6 holes of best ball and 6 holes of modified chapman. We started out on fire with birdies on 3,5 and 6. We then held on to shoot a total of even par 72 which was good enough for fourth place and $190. Two teams tied at the top, shooting 2 under.

101 Friday at Chili CC, 96 Saturday at Arrowhead, and 97 Sunday at Salmon Creek.
Been getting caught up in the trees a few times that have led to extra strokes.

Shot a 84 yesterday, tied my PB since I started back last summer. I had a couple of ugly holes in the middle of the round but bounced back with a string of pars and chipped in for birdie on 18.

Played on Saturday - 27 holes in 111 degrees. Shot 43 - 42 = 85 and then played the front again and shot 39. Hillcrest GC in Sun City

Shot a 42/43 today with 2 blow up holes and a few shoulda fell putts. Story of my life, can't just put that perfect round together.

+3 greens were impossible to read and very fast think I made 3 putts all day all for birdies lots of 2 and even a 3 putt. Driver was a monster all day think I missed 2 fairways just off. Nice to get out today since I'm working the next 7 days straight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back