Callaway Big Bertha V-Series Driver

sexy looking club, i look at it and have flash backs,
great_bb_large.jpg

I'm hoping they have a version without the alignment mark on the crown, like the OptiForce 440.

I really like how this driver is shaping up. Its odd seeing grooves on the sweetspot again aswell, kinda funky but I can dig it.

Wondering if the face groves are just laser etched

This might sound like a crazy idea. But I'm thinking 13.5HT at +2 with a 3W shaft. As an alternate bomber 3W.

I have no issues hitting the 3Deep off the deck. Actually the 3Deep is my go to club off the deck on really long par 5's or short par 4's.

Hmm some hotmelt and I might be on to something.

I'm not surprised, the Opti had a hell of a tour presence last year.

I'm a little surprised by it.

My understanding is that there isn't a tour version of the V-Series and that the driver is a 460 head.

With that said, I didn't think that a tour version of Big Bertha existed until I saw Hashtag's bag last weekend...

I love the looks of that!

I agree, it is a good looking driver. I don't think the badge is bad at all.

This is a super looking club.Still, is it really needed in the market place with what may be some serious sell off of product at Taylor Made and then others because of their dumping.Much has been said about whether TMAGs issues are inventory management or release dates. I fear good product like this might not get a proper chance with a glut of goods in the market to be moved. Does not change the fact that this is a good looking club.

That sole shape reminds me a ton of the old (late 90's) models of the big bertha. Has a very nostalgic/classic look to it.

It has an old school Big Bertha look to it, too. If they came out with this in the steel grey...that would put it over the top. Not that I don't like the black, because I do. I could go with or with out the badge, no deal breaker for me.

I'm a little surprised by it.

My understanding is that there isn't a tour version of the V-Series and that the driver is a 460 head.

With that said, I didn't think that a tour version of Big Bertha existed until I saw Hashtag's bag last weekend...
It's nothing different than what is at retail. The BBA Pro was just a different loft.

It's nothing different than what is at retail. The BBA Pro was just a different loft.

Getting a little sidetracked from the thread, but...

The Big Bertha Pro version that I saw is very much different than retail. 440 head versus 460 head. BB Pro FW also looked more compact.

First thing I will do if I end up with a V Series BB is paint over that stupid badge.

Getting a little sidetracked from the thread, but...

The Big Bertha Pro version that I saw is very much different than retail. 440 head versus 460 head. BB Pro FW also looked more compact.

Not talking about the FW's because I haven't seen them in person or read up on any specs released by Callaway.

But while holding the BBA Pro in my hands Nick Aurther and Doc Hock told me they only differ in loft.

Not talking about the FW's because I haven't seen them in person or read up on any specs released by Callaway.

But while holding the BBA Pro in my hands Nick Aurther and Doc Hock told me they only differ in loft.

We're talking about two different drivers. BB v BBA

I can't comment on the BBA. Haven't seen it.

What was so bad (or good) about last year's Optiforce? That thing came out with a bang and poof........gone. Did every THP'er that had one immediately ditch it for a BB or X2H?

What was so bad (or good) about last year's Optiforce? That thing came out with a bang and poof........gone. Did every THP'er that had one immediately ditch it for a BB or X2H?

I actually think the opposite. It was a mid year launch and got immediate tour acceptance and those that put it in play loved it. Following up on that a year later is the next generation. I think the biggest factor at play is that Callaway launched the Big Bertha brand and had excitement through the roof about their new line.

I was immediately a skeptic, but based on the fact its dead ringer for the Great Big Bertha, Ill give it a run.

I wish this was all titanium. I like light weight drivers but I do not prefer the sound of forged composite.

I want to hit it, the throwback sole and looks have my full attention.

Back