First night with the baby, up all night crying. LOL. But I tell you what, he's not even 24 hours old yet but there is nothing I wouldn't do for that boy. I would move heaven and earth for him if he needed me to. Life with him and his mom is going to be something awesome. Thanks for all the congratulations in the HHJJ thread, I appreciate it a lot. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First night with the baby, up all night crying. LOL. But I tell you what, he's not even 24 hours old yet but there is nothing I wouldn't do for that boy. I would move heaven and earth for him if he needed me to. Life with him and his mom is going to be something awesome. Thanks for all the congratulations in the HHJJ thread, I appreciate it a lot. :)

Congrats Deuce! Enjoy every moment as they grow up real fast.

Surprisingly my 3 yr old daughter wanted to play golf with me today (my son was obsessed with a Ninja Turtles game lol). Unfortunately we quit after 6 holes as she accidentally tripped on to an ant pile while I was teeing off. It looked like a dozen ants were on her legs and I frantically wiped them off. Her legs swelled up with bites but she never cried. I got me a tough girl!!

Congrats. Children are such a blessing!

Those "first" firsts are really special. Please cherish those moments. I'm very happy for you.

It sounds cliche, but it's true - your life will never be the same. In just a short time, you're going to wonder how you existed before you had kids.

If there's any advice I can give you at this point, it's this: hold him and hug him and kiss him as much as you can. It goes by far too quickly. And any bad times you might go through (and you will, believe me) will be forgotten before you know it.

we had a real bad week , and my son got back from the hospital for the 4 the time this year . My folks helped him put a wooden car together . I somewhat feel like a bad parent leaving the hospital to hit range balls for a few hours this week to just escape for a while . I enjoy chatting with all of you on here and use this as an escape at times , but maybe I'm being selfish even thinking about golf anymore . Many days I think I should just quit for good, but I just can't . Than I kid myself I'm doing good when in reality my season is done , I use the range as a golf course now . Watch if you want , this was the happiest he has been in 2 weeks . Doing all we can to make his life comfortable and normal like other kids ..

being a a parent is the best ever , having them look up to you is surreal . Really want him to stay young forever if I could .

Congrats Deuce! Enjoy every moment as they grow up real fast.

Surprisingly my 3 yr old daughter wanted to play golf with me today (my son was obsessed with a Ninja Turtles game lol). Unfortunately we quit after 6 holes as she accidentally tripped on to an ant pile while I was teeing off. It looked like a dozen ants were on her legs and I frantically wiped them off. Her legs swelled up with bites but she never cried. I got me a tough girl!!

That scares me, my wife is very allergic to ants. A few years ago she got bit 7 times on her foot at a concert. She had an IV and an ambulance ride with in 20 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That scares me, my wife is very allergic to ants. A few years ago she got bit 7 times on her foot at a concert. She had an IV and an ambulance ride with in 20 minutes.

Yeah I freaked out and we left the course immediately. Thank God a hot bath and Caladryl is all that she needed.

Hang in there Meat. Parenting is a tough gig and you've got a much harder road than normal to navigate right now. You obviously have your priorities right. It's okay to take an hour for yourself, you shouldn't feel guilty about that. Although I agree, it does sound like your season may be over. We continue to keep you in our prayers. I hope your son gets well soon.

Someone is excited to turn one!

Jaundiced, seems to have stopped pooping, and hasn't peed since early last morning. Wife blames herself and the trouble breast feeding we are having, and he has cried himself hoarse by age three days. This fatherhood thing is easy! lol. At least I can get him back to sleep. He is tucked into the crook of my arm as I slowly rock him. My little man sees the doc tomorrow for his jaundice so hopefully my wife gets a confidence boost tomorrow.

It'll get better Deuce. Those first few months and the lack of sleep are the worst. Never again. We're done at one. :)

Those first few months can be a treat. My wife tried to breast feed for a bit, but it wasn't working with my daughter. So she pumped for a few months. Then my son got formula after that first few weeks.

No shame. No problem. Happy and healthy kids.

Jaundiced, seems to have stopped pooping, and hasn't peed since early last morning. Wife blames herself and the trouble breast feeding we are having, and he has cried himself hoarse by age three days. This fatherhood thing is easy! lol. At least I can get him back to sleep. He is tucked into the crook of my arm as I slowly rock him. My little man sees the doc tomorrow for his jaundice so hopefully my wife gets a confidence boost tomorrow.

My son had that too. We were told he needed sunlight so we placed him by the window and eventually it went away.

Those first few months can be a treat. My wife tried to breast feed for a bit, but it wasn't working with my daughter. So she pumped for a few months. Then my son got formula after that first few weeks.

No shame. No problem. Happy and healthy kids.
Same here. Wife tried and didn't work for both kids. Formula worked out great, and is honestly a lot less stressful.

Same here. Wife tried and didn't work for both kids. Formula worked out great, and is honestly a lot less stressful.

Modern science is wonderful.

Formula is such a rip off @ $20 - $25 for that little can. I wouldn't give up on free milk just yet.

Modern science is wonderful.
Yes it is
Formula is such a rip off @ $20 - $25 for that little can. I wouldn't give up on free milk just yet.
We did Target brand which was cheaper and worked great. It's also not too bad when you think of how much it makes. And the stress relief on my wife was more than worth the $. Definitely not for everyone though, and that's totally fine :D

Yes it is

We did Target brand which was cheaper and worked great. It's also not too bad when you think of how much it makes. And the stress relief on my wife was more than worth the $. Definitely not for everyone though, and that's totally fine :D

Sam's club formula for us.

After we switched to formula we used walmart brand. Our pediatrician said it's pretty much all the same since it's regulated.

Parenting Thread

Yeah we are syringe feeding him formula if he still seems hungry after breast feeding. I keep increasing the amount and he keeps eating so I assume he's hungry. Just can't imagine where all this liquid is going because he doesn't seem to be excreting it yet.

Going to take him for a stroll before it gets too hot so he can catch some rays. Would prefer to avoid heel sticks for the guy, he has been through enough with the weenie whacking yesterday and all ...

Despite the troubles and worries, it's still been the best damn 72 hrs I have ever lived. Last night as were syringe feeding him the wife said can you believe how much you can love someone after just 48 hrs? After Nick? Yes, yes I can.

Some much needed daddy/daughter time this morning.

ureqereq.jpg

Love it Mike, I know how much they missed you!

I feel ya brother. Was so happy to get the big bear hug from my little girl when I got home.

Back