Cobra Bio Cell Driver Review

Bio Cell and I got off to a slow start today (major swing issues) but we warmed up to each other and tore apart the back 9. I find it doesn't matter whether I hit it high or low on the face, left or right on the circle of the face..I see the same flight. It's just one big sweet spot.

Massively forgiving face on this one.

While the Bertha is getting a lot of love, I think the Bio Cell takes the cake for best driver I have hit this year.

While the Bertha is getting a lot of love, I think the Bio Cell takes the cake for best driver I have hit this year.
I do really like the Bertha and it is longer by a handful of yards but at the end of the day I hit more fairways and take fewer penalties with the Bio Cell and that's what matters for my game right now.

I do really like the Bertha and it is longer by a handful of yards but at the end of the day I hit more fairways and take fewer penalties with the Bio Cell and that's what matters for my game right now.

Give me accuracy and consistency over distance any day.

With your distance off the tee, taking a slight loss on distance won't hurt anyway

I bet you BOMB this one.

Finally got around to hitting a few balls with my Bio Cell today and came away quite pleased.
During the regular scramble match, I stuck with my Classic and we didn't get along very well. On most holes I was a hook machine, though I did hit one of my longer drives on the one hole I managed to keep things down to a gentle draw.
Since I wasn't driving the ball particularly well, I never really went after it with the Bio Cell, but most of my shots were straight and right down the middle. The driver felt solid and the ball seemed to really jump off the face.
For whatever reason, the Bio Cell feels a little light to me and that may be my biggest adjustment.
Perhaps this weekend I can play with the settings and see what produces the best results.

It is why I got my hands on BOTH and the better driver for my game gets to stay!

I think in OC last weekend I went 10 or 11 of 14 Fairways, hit the ball straight.
Swing flaws prevent me from booming anything right now, but working on it!

I actually went away from the Bio Cell and went back to my old faithful Amp Cell.
It is more forgiving and longer for me so I'm not arguing with that.

It is why I got my hands on BOTH and the better driver for my game gets to stay!

I think in OC last weekend I went 10 or 11 of 14 Fairways, hit the ball straight.
Swing flaws prevent me from booming anything right now, but working on it!

Literally my two favorite heads on the market.

I actually went away from the Bio Cell and went back to my old faithful Amp Cell.
It is more forgiving and longer for me so I'm not arguing with that.
I have been there. I was ready to put the AC back in the bag, then I had a breakthrough with the Bio Cell. I still probably have more confidence with the Amp Cell, but the Bio is slightly longer for me with more roll.

Plus its lime green so that's gotta add some cool points as well!

Finally got the red tie in mine. Was a little wet the other day but heading out today to see how it performs vs the project x.

I just traded out my bio cell for xhot in my bag right now. I got a nice draw going with the bio cell. But I feel the ball doesn't go anywhere when I hit it. Mind you I'm not a big hitter but I think the xhot is consistently 10-20 yards farther.

It's all about fit, odds are the xhot just hits your needs a little better. Hawk still adores that head.

It's all about fit, odds are the xhot just hits your needs a little better. Hawk still adores that head.
I agree, it may also be the shaft. That Fubuki might just spin a little much in that head. Flightscope showed it in the low-mid 3000s but I wasn't hitting it well at all when I first put it in so Idk.

Funny and useless fact? I hit the red bio WAY better than the lime bio with the exact same shaft/setup. Its just goofy and makes zero sense as its just paint, but I am the king of the mental! Bahaha!!

I cannot wait to get my hands on my blue bomber next week though. #BlueOverRed

Funny and useless fact? I hit the red bio WAY better than the lime bio with the exact same shaft/setup. Its just goofy and makes zero sense as its just paint, but I am the king of the mental! Bahaha!!

I always hit the blue one better than my red one.

It don't make no sense.

I always hit the blue one better than my red one.

It don't make no sense.

I'm glad I'm not alone. I was just laughing about it today, it didn't fail, the power of the mind is funny.

This was a pleasant surprise when I hit Jman's on Friday. From sound/feel to trajectory and carry. It's a bomber!

This was a pleasant surprise when I hit Jman's on Friday. From sound/feel to trajectory and carry. It's a bomber!

It really is man. 2nd favorite driver of 2014. Almost impulse bought one off eBay last week. Still might happen just because...

Prior to the Morgan Cup, I had moderate success with this driver. Something changed over this last week though. Panda had me working on holding my wrist hinge a bit longer and that combined with choking down around an inch (on a driver already at 44.5") had me hitting fairways pretty much all weekend.

I wish I could take back 3 driver swings from this past weekend....other than those I was absolutely blistering this thing. Had it set at 8* and was hitting mid trajectory bullets carrying around 230-235 on average I believe. Somehow I got ahold of one on Sunday and only had 205 into the 9th at True Blue on Sunday.....that was around a 270 or so drive for me I believe.

Thought I would be making a switch quickly upon returning from the MC but that's just not the case anymore, excited to see how things progress with this one. My misses have gotten extremely minimized and that is allowing me to be in positions where I can hit more GIR's consistently which obviously leads to lower scores.

I think I hit the black one better than the lime green. I have considered trading it for another color, if only because people started saying I looked like I was swinging a turtle on the end of a stick.

I have the blue one and I love it, I tried the red and orange at address as well and I couldn't see myself gaming them.

It also helps at your first THP event, you use JB's Blue Bio Cell for the entire round and on the first tee in front of 40 THPers you strip it down the middle.

It really is man. 2nd favorite driver of 2014. Almost impulse bought one off eBay last week. Still might happen just because...

This! The + is a notch behind the i25 but can be had for $100+ less on the 'bay.

Have a Bio Cell Masters Edition on the way to me, so excited to try it out. The Masters color combo is one of my favorite color combos. Hope I can hit it as good as it looks.

Nice dude, that deep green is awesome.

I can't decide if the black head from the MC will stay in the bag or if it'll be back to red, really wish I had blue. Buuuuuuut, I figure I'll be playing all kinds of different rotations up top.

Love this driver.

Nice dude, that deep green is awesome.

I can't decide if the black head from the MC will stay in the bag or if it'll be back to red, really wish I had blue. Buuuuuuut, I figure I'll be playing all kinds of different rotations up top.

Love this driver.

I love the blue I went with for my MC setup. I think that driver will stay in my bag for a while

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back