The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cancer is my rant. Took the life of a co-worker today. The man spent 29 years of his life at the mill and loved every day of it. Even in his last few months during treatment in Arizona he kept his laptop goin and would call in during big issues and offer his opinion. Such a shame to see such a good guy taken by this stupid disease

Cancer is my rant. Took the life of a co-worker today. The man spent 29 years of his life at the mill and loved every day of it. Even in his last few months during treatment in Arizona he kept his laptop goin and would call in during big issues and offer his opinion. Such a shame to see such a good guy taken by this stupid disease

No bueno brother.

Cancer can suck it.

So sorry to hear that PhillyV. It has taken many close to me, young and old.

Two flat tires. At least it was on two different vehicles.

Two flat tires. At least it was on two different vehicles.

I was stealthy wasn't I? Back here in OK before you knew what happened.

and here I thought we were friends.

I love THP Events. I mean I absolutely love them. If I didnt, I would not plan or host them of course. However after some, I feel as though people take every thread that goes up and turn it into an inside joke and banter thread. I know its the nature of the beast, and I know there is nothing wrong with it, but I do now understand why so few went into or go into certain threads.

We try, but at the end of the day, we are alone.

Point taken.

Oh no, it was not directed at anybody in particular or even the fun people are having. Just that I see a lot of posts where people skip right over actual golf conversations to banter. It makes it hard to be "inviting" when they are right about being ignored.

Oh no, it was not directed at anybody in particular or even the fun people are having. Just that I see a lot of posts where people skip right over actual golf conversations to banter. It makes it hard to be "inviting" when they are right about being ignored.

I guess it kind of is what it is, sometimes I look for feedback, info, or whatever.

Sometimes post just get skipped over by the banter, I just always think to myself I entered the convo at a bad time.
I try not to get hurt feelings about it.

I just figure no one likes me... Lol

I didn't take it personal but I do think some of my posts today don't add anything. I agree many have worked hard to make it more inclusive and sometimes after an event like this it is easy to fall into that mode as we try to keep the good times we had in Myrtle going.

The Official Rant of the Day

I may get scolded for this and I probably shouldn't even post this, but I feel comfortable enough to say it.

I think people not involved in the event bow out way before the few days after the event. Not all, but most. I'm as guilty of this as anyone is for the added banter. The Indy thread was jammed full of air hockey and egg burger jokes. And I was a big part of the banter. And if I was out of line I apologize. But a weekend like that and a weekend like the MC are life changing. I guess we get too excited to remember forum etiquette.

I look at it more as a nature of the beast type thing. No one is sure why it happens and maybe we all underestimate the strength of the bonds created during these events.

I didn't take it personal but I do think some of my posts today don't add anything. I agree many have worked hard to make it more inclusive and sometimes after an event like this it is easy to fall into that mode as we try to keep the good times we had in Myrtle going.

Its absolutely okay to have posts that dont add anything. Heck, I have thousands of them. I just hate seeing in golf gear threads or golf threads non-event goers getting completely ignored for being on topic and such.

FWIW, its been a long couple of days with long nights on the horizon. Im just venting.

I love THP Events. I mean I absolutely love them. If I didnt, I would not plan or host them of course. However after some, I feel as though people take every thread that goes up and turn it into an inside joke and banter thread. I know its the nature of the beast, and I know there is nothing wrong with it, but I do now understand why so few went into or go into certain threads.

We try, but at the end of the day, we are alone.

I'll stick my neck out and I say I avoid recap threads for this very reason. I hate trying to shuffle through all the new jokes and actual info from the event.

People can flame me if they like but I'm just trying to be honest.

I may get scolded for this and I probably shouldn't even post this, but I feel comfortable enough to say it.

I think people not involved in the event bow out way before the few days after the event. Not all, but most. I'm as guilty of this as anyone is. The Indy thread was jammed full of air hockey and egg burger jokes. And I was a big part of the banter. And if I was out of line I apologize. But a weekend like that and a weekend like the MC are life changing. I guess we get too excited to remember forum etiquette.

I look at it more as a nature of the beast type thing. No one is sure why it happens and maybe we all underestimate the strength of the bonds created during these events.

Event threads are fine for that I believe in certain spots. Taking every golf thread and turning it into banter between the friends one just made at the event is taking it a bit too far in my opinion. The idea that the Morgan Cup thread was viewed by less than 500 active members (tens of thousands of guests) and all before we opened it up to banter tells me all it needs to.

Its absolutely okay to have posts that dont add anything. Heck, I have thousands of them. I just hate seeing in golf gear threads or golf threads non-event goers getting completely ignored for being on topic and such.

FWIW, its been a long couple of days with long nights on the horizon. Im just venting.

No worries brother. It helps put it in perspective. I am glad I am teeing up with a THPer in a week. That is the only way I feel like getting on the course anytime soon. I want to get some thoughts down on my new Cobra sticks but want to spend a little more time with them first.

Man sitting here watching my baby girl just lay there and wince is tough. Tried to carry her outside and set her in the grass to relieve herself and she was wobbly and about to fall over. An accident is no big deal tonight, I just want her comfortable. To top that off, Duke had the scariest episode he has had to date where he went down against the wall, neck extended back and just yelping loudly as if he was having a seizure earlier. Tough day. Thank you guys for all of your well wishes. It means so much to us. The next 10 days are going to be quite difficult and then I am gone for another 7 days in California and this all falls on GG.

We are continuing to work in the mean time, but thank you all for your patience during this.

Continued thoughts and love to you guys.

All of you are in my thoughts and prayers JB. Hang in there man.

JB

Lots of positive thoughts to you all, been on my mind all day and will continue to be.

JB, it doesn't need to be said, but I think you, GG, Duke and Ellie are constantly in all of our thoughts these days and days going forward

It has to be so frightening to Duke, when these bouts occur. And just as bad, I can imagine how helpless you and Morgan feel.

Wish there was something we all could do.

I'm really hoping the pups both feel so much better soon. I grew up with dogs, and my mother has always had them in her home, I know what it's like when they're suffering and hurt. Fingers crossed for you guys.

As to the inside conversation and jokes. It doesn't bother me or keep me out of a thread that I think will be interesting.

Trust me id rather sort through the air hockey, egg burger, CJ and the waitress stories-especially CJ and the waitress, then I would bickering and egotistical attempts at putting people down. (For the record not talking about this site)

I think it's natural, and usually someone gets it back in track if you stay with the thread long enough

If we are being honest the only MC related threads I didn't spend much time in were the team ones. I saw the intro videos to some if not all and loved them

But Rightfully or wrongly I just assumed those would be mostly talk among the guys about the team etc.

And I may have missed some great content by doing so.

Just my thoughts as a non participant. But this is good info to know as the Bridgestone Championship approaches.

And for the record I appreciate all the Puma guys who answered my question today in the Puma scripting thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back