Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm putter pondering right now - seeing some killer deals on Never Compromise and Rife milled putters right now, and I've always wanted to try a milled head. My problem is I can't decide if I want to stick with my current headshape (#9, heel shafted small mallet) or change it up a little. I tend to pull it when I miss a putt, but my speed is usually pretty good. When I do miss on distance though, it tends to be short, especially on longer putts.

Ponder went straight into purchase. I'm going to try out the Px handmade shaft Danny was selling in my BB.

Ponder went straight into purchase. I'm going to try out the Px handmade shaft Danny was selling in my BB.

Holy schnikes, that is going to be an EPIC combination. Pumped to see your impressions of it.

Where would that be located on the Apex irons?

Sorry, I don't know as I don't own them myself, but my Titlelists have the s/n on the back of the hosel. I just googled "Callaway Apex Iron serial number" I saw some info... some say it's only on the 8 iron.

Holy schnikes, that is going to be an EPIC combination. Pumped to see your impressions of it.

Ha thanks. I'm not expecting a miracle out of it. It will be interesting to say the least. At minimum, it's a heavier shaft, which I seem to like better for whatever reason.

Pondering a Project X Handcrafted LZ50 to put in my BB.

Pondering a Project X Handcrafted LZ50 to put in my BB.

Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttt

for the first time in a while i am not pondering a thing
What is wrong with me

heel shafted putter are usually not good for pullers. the head "swings" a little to much and causes the pull.

we have quite a few used never compromise and rife putters. if you are looking to try something for not much money, we may be able to help.

email address below.

That makes a lot of sense. I think I need to go roll a few to figure out a good headshape, sounds like I ought to get away from the heel shaft though.

That makes a lot of sense. I think I need to go roll a few to figure out a good headshape, sounds like I ought to get away from the heel shaft though.
Ive the Scotty Del Mar which is similar to a #9. You're free to roll it whenever you want.

Cleveland/Srixion.....JUST SAYING! Full on ponder mode after seeing what those boys got!

Cleveland/Srixion.....JUST SAYING! Full on ponder mode after seeing what those boys got!
Was hoping someone would. Irons were amazing for me....driver 3w left a little to be desired for my current swing.
But I also saw fupresti destroy my driver so I know it's not broken.

Ive the Scotty Del Mar which is similar to a #9. You're free to roll it whenever you want.

Thanks mate, might have to take you up on that. Hoping to get out later this week or over the weekend to at least roll a few different ones in Pro Golf.

I just did a photoshoot with the unnamed equipment last night. It'll be a fun day when those threads go up.

Was hoping someone would. Irons were amazing for me....driver 3w left a little to be desired for my current swing.

That thing is pretty beastly. You know, for something with a stiff flex shaft :alien:

I just did a photoshoot with the unnamed equipment last night. It'll be a fun day when those threads go up.

I am looking forward to it dude. I am sure it will be tough to get most of it in LH, but I love looking at pretty clubs

Mine is coming up tomorrow. Can't wait

I for one love both- big time

I am looking forward to it dude. I am sure it will be tough to get most of it in LH, but I love looking at pretty clubs

I do not believe they will be offered in LH or at least not right away. Some guy from NJ played Cleveland irons in the MC.

Trying to help a friend find a new set of irons is like trying to get a phone call through to the pope. Ain't happenin'. I find him a set and it's too expensive. He has a bad habit of hitting sets way out of his price range and loving them. So being the good friend that I am, I'm trudging onward in pursuit of a good set for him.

So question THP, what is a good set of underrated or "sleeper" irons? Doesn't necessarily have to be new on the market let's just throw a number out there, under $450.

Last edited:
Trying to help a friend find a new set of irons is like trying to get a phone call through to the pope. Ain't happenin'. I find him a set and it's too expensive. He has a bad habit of hitting sets way out of his price range and loving them. So being the good friend that I am, I'm trudging onward in pursuit of a good set for him.

So question THP, what is a good set of underrated or "sleeper" irons? Doesn't necessarily have to be new on the market let's just throw a number out there, under $450.

I've got a great set of Hogan Apex FTX 3-PW with brand new grips on them I'll sell him for less far less than that!

Apex Utility Iron. I probably have no reason even thinking about it, but with an open spot in the bag why not.

Apex Utility Iron. I probably have no reason even thinking about it, but with an open spot in the bag why not.
The one chad brought with tour v stiff was pretty damn sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back