THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 2 rounds since last time and even though I went 84, 80, i'm trending up. The course was kinda easy.

20.4 down to 19.2!!! Steady progression down.

More decent rounds compared to bad

Dude at this rate you'll be giving me strokes when we play Treetops in a month!

Is this your first trip below 20 dude? That's what I call a MILESTONE.

It is, I started the year right at 36.

My swing is still crap, but I'm hitting the ball better, I think I am going to seek out new instruction.
My flexibility issues will not allow me to make the movements that are "Textbook"

I'm generally happy with how I am playing (especially short game) but but am not where I want to get to yet?

Happy to see this CJ! You are putting in the work and it is paying off!

Seems like I'm the black sheep around here. Backing up again from 15.5 to 15.9. I'm striking the ball so much better, now it's time to put the focus back on the wedges.

Great going CJ! Getting below 20 is a big milestone.

Got in an early evening 18 tonight. Might be my last before the revision. Incredible drop going on this revision. Currently trending to 6.6 which is a record low for me.

I think my handicap will get below 12 again after a solid practice round score at Caledonia.

Congratulations CJ...breaking 20 is huge.

Getting a couple postable scores this weekend, I am trending down just a hair to 14.4.

Awesome job boss. Keep up the good work. It feels darn good to get under 20.

Still around 13. Need another 9 to go with a 43 at caledonia.

In the mean time gimmee strokes

Currently fluctuating in the 16 range. I am hoping to be in the 13-14 range by the end of the year. I took a group of lessons focused on scoring and had my teaching pro do some fundamental work on my swing. The big problem I had was swing got long and was causing some serious pulls. Two other things I am working on is putting alignment and more short game practice.

Will go down from 13.7 to 13.5 at the most, maybe lower, depending upon tomorrow's round.

After the one complete round I could score at Caledonia, I am trending back to 4.6.

Posted a PR tieing 86 just now and I am now trending to 17.4 from 23.2 at the beginning of the season. I am really finding my groove and my confidence with my PTM3 is a big reason. 6 1-putts today which is by far a record.

Started this year at 7.5 currently have been able to get it down to 6.4 working hard balance or year to get it under 6.

The app I have on my phone adjusts my handicap according to the slope rating. So on a 144 slope, I go up to a 22. And on a 134, I go to a 20.

This may be a dumb question, but does this mean if I play a 134 slope, I need to shoot a 92 to maintain my handicap (assuming par 72) and if I shoot below 92, my handicap goes down and above 92, it goes up? My 17 holds up until a 115 slope, but then goes down to a 15 on a slope 100. Is this how I figure out how many strokes I get and what I need to shoot to get my handicap down?

The app I have on my phone adjusts my handicap according to the slope rating. So on a 144 slope, I go up to a 22. And on a 134, I go to a 20.

This may be a dumb question, but does this mean if I play a 134 slope, I need to shoot a 92 to maintain my handicap (assuming par 72) and if I shoot below 92, my handicap goes down and above 92, it goes up? My 17 holds up until a 115 slope, but then goes down to a 15 on a slope 100. Is this how I figure out how many strokes I get and what I need to shoot to get my handicap down?

You use your index with the slope of the course your playing to determine your "course handicap". Your playing partner/opponent does the same. You use the two number to determine number of strokes. If my course handicap was 13 and yours was 16, you would get 3 shots.

Here is a nice wiki article that talks about Handicap. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handicap_(golf)

Basically when wondering what impact a certain score is going to have on your index look for the differential number. Your index is based on the 10 best differential numbers from your last 20 scores. You need to be replacing "dropping" scores with differentials that are equal to maintain your index. High differentials will raise, lower differential will lower.

In the image below my next score is going to kick off the 78 with a 6.7 differential. I need would need to shoot a score with the same differential to maintain my index at its current level.
Screenshot_2014-07-28-08-22-55_zpsbhpem6pi.png

Looks like it's going to be 13.0, down from 13.7.

I'll be at 15.8 tomorrow, the lowest I have been in years (thank you short game practice!). The index could fluctuate wildly either way next month, as I have a lot of rounds planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back