What's the most holes you've played with one ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most I have played, since really thinking about it, is 32 holes with one Callaway Hex Hot Pro.

Right now I'm on 27 with my Z star xv. Knock on wood haha

Working about 30 holes with a Callaway Super Soft.

Be the ball!!

Never really kept track to know my most ever. I did go about 42 holes on an SR3 a couple weeks ago.

11 or 12, probably.

In the past, if there was a par 3 over water or maybe an approach on a par 5 over water, I used to just use a junk ball. Now I want to use the best ball in my bad and go for it. It's actually been paying off quite well, I think only once has it backfired.

The most I've gone with one ball is 22 holes. I usually go through 2-3 balls for 18 holes.

Currently have a TM Lethal in my bag that made it all the way through my last 18. It'll be put in play next time out, we will see how long it lasts.

Added another 9 to my previous 27 with one of my Z star xv's! 36 holes is by far the longest I've kept a ball so I'm excited

Today, got another round out of the TaylorMade PENTA TP3. That's 108 holes so far. More tomorrow....

Yet another round with the TaylorMade PENTA TP3. Holes to date: 126. But...

...besides more goove marks, the ball now has some blue-green stains on it from a chemical that was sprayed on the tees and greens, supposedly to help
photosynthesis.

Also had one scare: On a par 5 with a river running along the left side, I over-drew the tee shot, clipped a tree, and didn't see the ball come down. But I found it. Hooray....

Probably already said it but 18. Would never start a round with a used ball. I'm weird like that.

Probably already said it but 18. Would never start a round with a used ball. I'm weird like that.

Nope. I am the same way. I can't tee off with anything other then a brand new ball. I have about 200 perfectly good balls in my den that have slight marks I refuse to take out to the course with me.

99. Bridgestone Precept. Way back when I was a member at a short course and used 1 iron only.

After today's round, 144 holes with the TaylorMade PENTA TP3.

After today's round, 144 holes with the TaylorMade PENTA TP3.

If you haven't yet, you should be noticing pretty soon that it is becoming a dead ball. That is the only reason I stopped at 183! I was going to go for 200, but said eff it, when my drives were going more nowhere than they usually do!

Interesting. I haven't noticed any loss of distance so far. What degree of distance loss did you experience?

One thing's for sure: The ball is increasing in ugliness....

If you haven't yet, you should be noticing pretty soon that it is becoming a dead ball. That is the only reason I stopped at 183! I was going to go for 200, but said eff it, when my drives were going more nowhere than they usually do!

I'd say 36 if I counted, I typically like to run a new ball though as most have said already

The TaylorMade PENTA TP3 made it through another round for a total of 162 holes.

The TaylorMade PENTA TP3 made it through another round for a total of 162 holes.

Aren't you kind of anxious to just lose this ball and use a nice clean new one?
You may have to just retire it at some point. lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yes (re: losing it). It's so much pressure....

If it reaches a milestone, like 10 rounds, or 200 holes, it's going to become a display item.

Aren't you kind of anxious to just lose this ball and use a nice clean new one?
You may have to just retire it at some point. lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Okay, I 'researched' this on the internet. Not much info, but, apparently, it's the scuffs and scrapes on the ball that result in distance loss (rather than the core of the ball or whatever losing its... oomph).

If you haven't yet, you should be noticing pretty soon that it is becoming a dead ball....

I played the 10th round with the TaylorMade PENTA TP3 today. That's 180 holes. Whew.... This ball won't go away.

Played 8 holes with the same e6 today, until it went for a swim. Pretty sure that's a record for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back