What's the most holes you've played with one ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McRock

Reaction score
Handicap
Last year, I was lucky to not lose a ball every 4-5 holes. Now, for whatever reason (mostly due to straighter drives probably), I have played the same ball for 54 holes, and I still have it. It's discolored, scuffed, a dimple or two look close to flaking up, but I just keep on playing it, figuring I'll lose it eventually. It happens to be a TM penta, and probably should have been retired after a few 9 hole rounds.

So what is the most holes you have played with one ball?

~Rock

14. I would like to get better but I'm averaging one ball lost every 3 holes right now. At least I don't need to worry about scuffing.

I think I've made one go 2 1/2 rounds...lost it on 11 of the third round. Usually don't make them last quite that long though.

17. I lost 2 balls on Hole #2 and kept the 3rd for the entire round.

What's weird is I've gone 3.5ish rounds with a ball once before as well, and that TOO was a PENTA. crazy?

I also will just use the ball till I lose it, regardless of the condition (barring some huge crack).

Some of you guys have had golf balls longer than I have had cars! :)

I usually consider my consumption to really speak to how I am managing the game, staying on fairways, out of weeds & water, hitting predictably, etc. I know I have played a few nines with one ball but I do scuff them up pretty bad. I have retired a few but not many. Right now it's 3 or 4 holes and I "manage" to lose it.

Couple weeks ago I lost 5 balls in 3 holes. All landed in play, all impacted, all gone! It was a tad wet. Maybe this should go in the rant thread... :)

Some of you guys have had golf balls longer than I have had cars! :)

I usually consider my consumption to really speak to how I am managing the game, staying on fairways, out of weeds & water, hitting predictably, etc. I know I have played a few nines with one ball but I do scuff them up pretty bad. I have retired a few but not many. Right now it's 3 or 4 holes and I "manage" to lose it.

Couple weeks ago I lost 5 balls in 3 holes. All landed in play, all impacted, all gone! It was a tad wet. Maybe this should go in the rant thread... :)

Wow, that is wet.

I've been playing the same Penta for the past 3 weeks of our Tuesday 9 hole scramble and have used it for a round or two besides that.
Now let me hit one of my Bridgestone 330RX's and that sucker would be lost within 2 holes.

I have absolutely no idea what my longest streak is, but for this year it's 35 holes. By that time, it was ready to disappear haha

Tapatalking from my iPhone

Wow, that is wet.

First three holes are par 4s, dead flat, wide open. First hole went right, first cut, mushy landing. Approach was short, before the green elevation, first cut right, super soft. Second hole drove the fairway 200+, crud, no bounce, super soft. Same exact approach as first hole, same result. At this point I turn in the direction of the clubhouse and moan "I cant play this way!" :) Third hole, drove to my usual spot, which is first cut right but dry. Hey I get to HIT one twice! Approach, gaak, fairway left, again just short of the green, in the spot I could see was "brownish" and sure enough, no bounce, ball gone, hehehehehe.

Worst part, all would have been playable and were pretty good shots for me. Gotta love this game.

I played a ProV1 54 holes in an iron-only practice round.

No clue really. I've played 18 with the same ball, but I don't really pay attention which ball I grab the next time out.

No clue really. I've played 18 with the same ball, but I don't really pay attention which ball I grab the next time out.

Same here dude. I reckon I've been playing the same XV for a couple rounds now. Once I see some scuffing it goes into the shag bag though.

I payed a Wilson Tx4 a few years ago for 5 rounds then lost it on the first hole of round 6. The balls cover layer was wearing off the ridges around the edges of the dimples by that time. The printing along with my original sharpie markings were almost completely worn off also by that time.

Same here dude. I reckon I've been playing the same XV for a couple rounds now. Once I see some scuffing it goes into the shag bag though.

We have some courses here that it's tough to lose a ball on. Unfortunately, my new course is not one of them lol.

18ish is the max, 54 for me would be insane

I played a titleist pro V1 no.8 for nearly 5 rounds. This little fella just didn't want to leave me. I'd say that there were 6 occasions that I thought I had lost it but the little trooper just kept waving its little pimpled face at me even in the heaviest rough. I was going to retire it and give it a good resting place in my shed but I lost it on the 16th hole of 5th round. I mourned for my loss.

I'd never normally play a golf ball that long but it was beginning to be funny. When i hit a wild tee shot my playing partners would ask me if it was Mr 8. "sure you'll find that so".

Couldn't tell you. I normally keep 3 in my pocket during play so when I step up to a teebox I pull one out of my pocket and really don't know if it's the same one I used on the last hole unless it is dirty or otherwise marked.

I think I've played maybe 20 rounds this year with no more than three balls at the most. I don't loose many.

I went almost 2 1/2 rounds once and I mean ONCE LOL with just one ball, but since then i cant count how many balls I have lost LOL its a lovely game isn't it

I've had a HEX Black for 45 holes now but I retired it due to a few small scuffs. I also have a ball in my bag that I played with for 54 holes it's an old Callaway Big Berta Blue.

Usually I am lucky not to lose a ball every 8-9 holes. The longest that I can remember was 15 holes this year with a Rocketballz ball that I got when I tried out the RBZ 3-wood, sadly, lost it by catching way too much ball from a greenside bunker and sending it into the lake next to the green (last thought before the bunker shot was "man it would suck to hit this into the water!!")

My record is 26 holes...

I played a titleist pro V1 no.8 for nearly 5 rounds. This little fella just didn't want to leave me. I'd say that there were 6 occasions that I thought I had lost it but the little trooper just kept waving its little pimpled face at me even in the heaviest rough. I was going to retire it and give it a good resting place in my shed but I lost it on the 16th hole of 5th round. I mourned for my loss.

I'd never normally play a golf ball that long but it was beginning to be funny. When i hit a wild tee shot my playing partners would ask me if it was Mr 8. "sure you'll find that so".

That's how I feel about it. I kept thinking, wow, I should just add this to the rest of the shag balls, but it's just sort of funny when you never lose it.

I think if I make it to 100 holes, I'll retire it somewhere in my house.

~Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back