Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Millone will be one of the pieces going to Sox. Probably one prospect as well.

So the play from Machado is pretty great, but what in the hell is Pujols doing?

w32phaawvsxtvlamaqiw.gif

Lifelong O's fan here. While not old enough to have seen Brooks play, I have to wonder if he's on his way to becoming the second best 3B in Orioles history. To steal from Boston fans, this is just "Manny being Manny".

Cespedes for Lester / Gomes?? Hell of a day in Beantown if true!

Cespedes for Lester / Gomes?? Hell of a day in Beantown if true!
stunning that the A's would trade Cespedes, dude is a stud, he will abuse the Green Monster

PHENOMENAL deal for Boston.

I have to imagine this includes some exclusive negotiating window for Lester or even a financial commitment. I couldn't see them giving him up for 12 starts

Also,

Looks like Lester to the Orioles.

If the rumors of it being for Gonzalez are true, I could live with that. But the names Gausman and Bundy had better not appear anywhere in this, especially if Lester is a rental.

Cespedes must be pi$$ed goes from 1st place best record in the league to last place :laughing:

stunning that the A's would trade Cespedes, dude is a stud, he will abuse the Green Monster
I agree! I believe he has several years left on contract also. Shocked the a's would move him especially with no guarantees that Lester signs.

A's are flippin stacked for World Series run!

Cespedes for a pitcher that they probably won't re-sign after the season? No thanks. Ballsy move from the A's, though. I'd like to see them make a run in the playoffs.

I agree! I believe he has several years left on contract also. Shocked the a's would move him especially with no guarantees that Lester signs.

A's are flippin stacked for World Series run!

Cespedes is a free Agents after 2015 season

If true Boston just trade raped the As

A's rotation will be tough for the next 2-3 months w/ Lester, Gray, Kazmir, Samardzija.

Cespedes is a free Agents after 2015 season
Gotcha. Still excited to see him pound in Fenway for at least the next year plus

Sox get Cespedes and the chance to resign Lester after the season? Love it.

Especially when Lester signs back with the Sox this winter.

if the Sox would not pay him now, it won't be cheaper this winter when the Dodgers/Yanks/others have a shot too as well

if the Sox would not pay him now, it won't be cheaper this winter when the Dodgers/Yanks/others have a shot too as well

Lester never would have re-signed during the year anyways, right?

I don't see the Red Sox resigning him, but if the A's think they need pitching to make this run, I don't mind this trade that much. I wasn't aware Cespedes could become a FA after 2015.

If I am other teams close to the post season i just concede to the A's. They are already the team w/ the best record and they just greatly improved there rotation, no need to make marginal moves & give up good prospects to play 3-4 extra games in the post season

Are you sure? Looks like he is Arbitration eligible in 2016 and is a free agent in 2018 according to baseball reference

Are you sure? Looks like he is Arbitration eligible in 2016 and is a free agent in 2018 according to baseball reference

According to Buster Olney he is. Something weird that they did with his contract.. Not really sure how it works.

click the * after 2018, there is some explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back