Sun Mountain Tour Series Club Glider Travel Bag Review

I picked up a Club Glider Journey this winter and it has been awesome on the two trips I've taken it thus far. I get a lot of interested parties while waiting in line at the airport asking about it. I'm sure the Tour Series is even a better option. Kudos to Sun Mountain.

I was wondering how the Meridian stacked up against the Tour.

I don't need room for 2 stand bags as the Tour touts as a selling point. But I definitely want the protection and solid build that the Tour offers.

Need to see both in person but that's challenging.

I am looking for a new bag myself!! Need many insights

This bag has my attention and I'll probably need one prior to my next trip with the clubs.

I need to update my travel bag soon. This one is right up there! Thanks for the review Jman.

Im totally buying this travel bag when the funds are available and the need for it arises!

I was wondering how the Meridian stacked up against the Tour.

I don't need room for 2 stand bags as the Tour touts as a selling point. But I definitely want the protection and solid build that the Tour offers.

Need to see both in person but that's challenging.

Anyone know the main differences between Tour and Meridian?

Exact same minus size? Does Meridian have same external padding/build as tour?

Anyone know the main differences between Tour and Meridian?

Exact same minus size? Does Meridian have same external padding/build as tour?

Its polyester while the Tour is vinyl, the Tour should wear better but honestly unless you are traveling ALL THE TIME then I would think they're both just fine. Same everything else though from what I can tell, and a little lighter.

Also, for everyone else, this weekend I put a FULL size staff bag with two sets of clubs in it and made weight.

I didn't want to name the companies but I have to say kudos to golf galaxy. They were the ones who shipped me the ping cart bag instead but one call to their customer service yesterday morning and they already have my travel bag delivering this morning. I haven't even had a chance to ship them back their cart bag yet. Hopefully they shipped the correct item this time. Don't know if they are stepping up their cs after all that bad press with Dicks but I'm more than impressed.

I just ordered one of these, I have 3 golf trips planned in the next couple months and my old Mizuno travel bag did the job but killed me when having to get around the airport.... got a good deal on inthehole for 15% off of list price with free shipping!

I just ordered one of these, I have 3 golf trips planned in the next couple months and my old Mizuno travel bag did the job but killed me when having to get around the airport.... got a good deal on inthehole for 15% off of list price with free shipping!

You'll LOVE the mobility with the sled on this one, its freaking awesome, you can steer it around literally with one finger.

You'll LOVE the mobility with the sled on this one, its freaking awesome, you can steer it around literally with one finger.

I have been pondering one of these since your original review, actually getting to do some golf travel made me pull the trigger!

Thanks for all the solid info on this bad boy!

Meridian will be here next week. Excited.

Nice!!! I'm ready to pull the trigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a solid deal from my searches and comparing prices versus Amazon & rockbottomgolf, etc.

I really don't think you'll regret it. Best travel bag out there bar none IMO.

I really wish I bought one of these instead of my stupid $700 club glove "train system" bags. Even with the ease of the club glove one-armed (a cruel joke as I type it) mobility through the airport, it just doesn't appear to be as nimble as the sun mountain glider setup.

That's a very tempting deal!

That's a very tempting deal!
I originally placed my order with them too because of that promo but they told me it was backordered until October. They sent me an email that the order was cancelled but then went ahead and processed my credit card. I called them to confirm the cancellation and to issue me the refund and they stated that they were waiting for my confirmation when the email specifically stated cancellation and refund. Took me 3 days of asking for my refund and finally on the fourth day they processed it. I will never order from these guys again

I originally placed my order with them too because of that promo but they told me it was backordered until October. They sent me an email that the order was cancelled but then went ahead and processed my credit card. I called them to confirm the cancellation and to issue me the refund and they stated that they were waiting for my confirmation when the email specifically stated cancellation and refund. Took me 3 days of asking for my refund and finally on the fourth day they processed it. I will never order from these guys again

That's good to know.

Sitting at a swim meet with not much to do so I researched this travel bag. It is really cool for the money. When I need one this is it. I remember when the guy who created this was on an golf invention show that was on Golf Channel. I hope he made some good money selling this to Sun Mountain.

Oh boy, good to know. Will be monitoring and update this thread if any issues.

Back