For those of you that sell clubs on Ebay

Have you ever had to use the USPS insurance? Did they honor it?
I have, i used to play semi-pro paintball and a big thing in that field was constant trading and selling of high-end guns. Ive had parts get smashed in or completely lost. I usually always insure unless im doing an over night deal. They should honor it for sure.

I forget when the risk of loss passes from the seller to buyer, but if it breaks during transit, I'm pretty sure it's on the buyer unless there's another agreement in place. I agree with others to file a claim with the shipping company to get it resolved though.

I forget when the risk of loss passes from the seller to buyer, but if it breaks during transit, I'm pretty sure it's on the buyer unless there's another agreement in place. I agree with others to file a claim with the shipping company to get it resolved though.

My uneducated guess would be when buyer takes possession. As seller you need to "deliver" the goods as promised. If that falls short id say it's on you. But that's just my opinion.

Always get insurance on anything pretty much over $100... or whatever you feel wouldnt hurt the bank if you were to lose it. Ask for photo's of the box and clubs like noted before.

Side Note: a couple of my buddies over the summer(still in college), work for fedex in their shipping center. They say they see golf clubs all the time along with other valuables. Theyve also noted theyve seen some lazy ass employees toss, kick, generally man handle packages with the utmost disregard. Those who choose to operate this way obviously lose their job, but these things do happen and can happen to your clubs. Insurance and contacting all involved, ebay, shipper, buyer will all benefit you. Dont ever take their word for it immediately. A lot of shady activity between some Ebay users.

I am a supervisor at UPS, same thing happens there and unfortunately they are in the union, so we can't fire them as easily. However, there are routine package care audits, training, reinforcement, and inspections made on a regular basis. I have yet to see a broken club, but I have seen long boxes get bent in half before due to jams on belts.

My uneducated guess would be when buyer takes possession. As seller you need to "deliver" the goods as promised. If that falls short id say it's on you. But that's just my opinion.

I'm not a lawyer, but would think that the buyer would have to be given the right of refusal upon receiving the goods for them to actually be delivered.

I haven't sold any clubs on eBay but I have sold a pretty fair amount of 1/18 scale die-cast collectable cars on there and always USPS because they are so much cheaper. I've only had one issue with them and me and buyer was able to come to a fair agreement on settling the issue. Sucks that your having such an issue.

I have insurance through USPS and he said he received the club but its broken.

I think his issue is with the USPS if you had enough insurance. I always insure anything that might be breakable when I ship with them.

Soooooooooo you got someone banned from eBay for scamming you and then turn around and do the exact same thing to the shipper?

How is that cool?

As far as the OP goes I've fortunately never had to deal with anything like that.

That's what I was thinking. Seem a little underhanded when it doesn't appear to be shipper/courier fault.

So this is the response I got back from the buyer. I'm a little confused on what this guy means.
What do you guys think?

"The shipping box looks fine. the shipping box is not damaged that i can see. The head of the club is still attached but you can feel that its broken. I dont know to load the pics on the computer."

Sounds a bit fishy to me....

So this is the response I got back from the buyer. I'm a little confused on what this guy means.
What do you guys think?

"The shipping box looks fine. the shipping box is not damaged that i can see. The head of the club is still attached but you can feel that its broken. I dont know to load the pics on the computer."

My next question for you would be for him to text you a pic, if he says he doesn't have a phone that takes pics or doesn't know how he is completely full of it.

Here are some of the things I have learned when dealing with Ebay and what Im guessing Paypal for payment...

Keep ALL conversations between u and buyer...
Ask a ton of questions
Study him on Ebay. Does he have auctions with pics? Twitter with pics? Facebook? Etc?
Text would be next angle for pics...
Do not give anything to me..Force him to make claim through Paypal.
Paypal does favor the buyer but with a good solid argument and lack of evidence from him you can win a claim..Go about it like court, evidence and no emotion

I've sold the same club on eBay 3 times now and each time someone with 0 or 1 feedback wins and doesn't pay. Soooo frustrating.

Here was my response.
So the club is all together and you don't think it was damaged during shipment. I'm trying to understand what you mean by it just doesn't feel right. Did you hit some balls with it and it just felt weird or something? Thanks" I also asked him to send me some pics.

He responded "no I didnt hit balls with it. the head looked cocked a little so I grabbed the head of the club and tried to move it a little and it feels like it gives some. So I didnt dare hit. What ever it is, I dont the club because its not right."

Im tempted to just refund his money because Ebay seems to always vote for the buyer but on the other hand this guys seems fishy and I think he just doesn't like the club. He can't even make coherent sentences...

I would have him ship it back and as long as it looks like when you sent it I would refund his money and cut ties. Sounds like an impossible situation. Good luck!

I would totally make him send it back and then if there is something wrong I would refund him and cover his shipping if there's nothing wrong with it I would just refund the club.

Well I offered him a full refund. But I have a feeling this club is going to come back with nothing wrong with it...

I find there being several occasions of buyers remorse on Ebay. They will make up a story just to get a refund.

Pictures & insurance.
But I did read somewhere, someone said scam, yes that happens. A buyer will get the item they really wanted and bidding may have got a little crazy.. Once he receives the item he may be looking for a price break. In some cases if the amount isn't to much I'd probably give it to them, due to the fact that I don't want the hassle and is the item going to go for that much again? If repaired. But a $50 refund on $100, No.

Back