Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grip change on the M1 PR (the black one).

Iomic mid? Different size SS?

SLDRs fairway wood with a AD BB-7s. Had a chance to hit this on staff sponsor day and would have loved to compare it side by side against my 4w with a DI-7s. In the end I don't think it would work out.. But man is it a pretty combo, and man did I hammer that fw.

The one chad brought with tour v stiff was pretty damn sweet!

It was & even though I put a couple of good swings on it, I could tell that if that ever made it to my bag I needed another shaft in it. Most likely the same Recoil 95 F3 I have in my irons now.

Thinking of pulling the trigger on a set of the indigo blue SM's 54 and 58 just not sure. anyone know if the blue fades of and rusts or if it will stay blueish. I just don't like the rust look.

Thinking of pulling the trigger on a set of the indigo blue SM's 54 and 58 just not sure. anyone know if the blue fades of and rusts or if it will stay blueish. I just don't like the rust look.
It says they won't rust but will definitely wear over time

Grip change on the M1 PR (the black one).

Iomic mid? Different size SS?
What size do you use now Jman? I've been thinking about trying the 1.0 myself or I have a flatso ultra im thinking about finally putting on. 2.0 has been my go to tho

Trying to help a friend find a new set of irons is like trying to get a phone call through to the pope. Ain't happenin'. I find him a set and it's too expensive. He has a bad habit of hitting sets way out of his price range and loving them. So being the good friend that I am, I'm trudging onward in pursuit of a good set for him.

So question THP, what is a good set of underrated or "sleeper" irons? Doesn't necessarily have to be new on the market let's just throw a number out there, under $450.

Depends on what he's looking for but eBay can be your friend. Just on a quick search I found these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TMaG-Ta...01139119726?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item2ed4d3666e

There's better deals than that too... These are usually the first irons I tell friends that are looking for new irons to hit if they're not going to get fit. Of course, you always have to be careful. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. There are a bunch of lightly used sets out there for a steal too if you're patient.

Feel your pain though. My buddies all know I'm an equipment geek, so they always ask. For irons I always recommend fitting, and at the very least some Q& A with the fitter about wedges. Not everyone takes that advice. After that I basically run through the ones that get good feedback here, or that I've hit that I like.

Anybody test the G30 3 wood yet? I think I'm in the market for a new 3 wood but haven't had the time to get to golfsmith to swing any.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Apex Utility Iron. I probably have no reason even thinking about it, but with an open spot in the bag why not.

It sure is on the brain here too. 21* with the same Tour V shaft, man that'd probably go great on top of my 4 iron. An investigation will occur before purchase, but dang it was fun to hit while half worrying about it flying down True Blue's range.

588 4h. After how I hit the 3h, I want a whole bag of these.

588 4h. After how I hit the 3h, I want a whole bag of these.

Fantastic hybos. Had the bio's not worked out for me these are what was going in the bag post MC.

Lack of sleep due to madetwobabiesitis.
possibly i am sure when the new lines come out this fall/winter find a few things

Just missing out on the Amp Cell iron set on eBay now has me thinking about getting them to replace my beginner set. Should have jumped on them, 4-SW in good condition for $165 ain't bad. I know you can get a set of 4-G for $300 new lots of places though. Maybe if I can find a new set for the $225-250 range...

Graphite.

Programs actually. Would love love love love love to hit some in my Bio irons.

Graphite.

Programs actually. Would love love love love love to hit some in my Bio irons.

Hawk and I pondered together how awesome something in graphite would be in those Srixon thingy's we have.

Wish I could find some place to try out all the graphite options and see what I like best...:(

Hawk and I pondered together how awesome something in graphite would be in those Srixon thingy's we have.

Wish I could find some place to try out all the graphite options and see what I like best...:(

yeah that would be a good feeling combo. Although those irons felt good when you hit them in the center of the face.

yeah that would be a good feeling combo. Although those irons felt good when you hit them in the center of the face.
That feeling almost makes me want to not quit golf

Finally got my pondering down to just wedges. Been looking at some sm5s for months now and I think a 54 m and 58 m or something will need to happen

Never Compromise putters. Torn between the Dinero Mogul:

never-compromise-dinero-mogul-putter-2.jpg

and the Connoisseur Perfecto:

never-compromise-connoisseur-perfecto-limited-putter-1473528190-500x500.jpg

Tend to miss left with my putts on line, and tend to miss short on speed. Usually my speed is pretty good though.

Never Compromise putters. Torn between the Dinero Mogul:

never-compromise-dinero-mogul-putter-2.jpg

and the Connoisseur Perfecto:

never-compromise-connoisseur-perfecto-limited-putter-1473528190-500x500.jpg

Tend to miss left with my putts on line, and tend to miss short on speed. Usually my speed is pretty good though.
I would pick the perfecto. Nice pick Ryan , looks great.

Last edited:
Those NC putters are a crazy good value. I remember drooling over them when they were $200

Those NC putters are a crazy good value. I remember drooling over them when they were $200

Yeah, at $70 it would be incredibly difficult for me to NOT ponder them haha

Yeah, at $70 it would be incredibly difficult for me to NOT ponder them haha

And throw in some $50 Lunar Ascend shoes while you're paying for woot shipping.

Rolled an Odessey putter with a SuperSlim 3.0 on it. That grip felt soooooo nice and I noticed I was moving the head a lot more steady than normal. Serious ponder on now for one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back