Status
Not open for further replies.
The trades by the A's and Tigers today is reminding me of when somebody updated the Wikipedia page for the A's a couple of years ago. Forgot I saved it.

ydy2ymu3.jpg

I feel like the Rays could have gotten more for Price.
DEFINITELY!

They went from saying they'd keep him unless they got a team's top 2 prospects to trading him for (apparently) a Mendoza Line hitting SS and a rather pedestrian pitcher in return. There has to be a lot more involved in this trade. The Mariners have to be sending a top prospect somewhere...no way they get Jackson for Franklin straight up.

New York or the Dodgers is my bet.

MAYBE the cubs.

Scherzer, an impending free agent, also was being honest when asked if he ever wanted to play in his hometown, which happens to be St. Louis. The former Parkway Central and Mizzou star took a deep breath, exhaled and said, “It would be too cool. I grew up there. When you’re a little kid, you picture yourself putting on the (Cardinals) uniform.”

Hate to see Prado going to the evil empire. WAS always a fan of him....

Hate to see Prado going to the evil empire. WAS always a fan of him....

I'm actually excited about that one. Was a fan of his when he was in ATL. Good solid player.

Freidman lost his freakin mind getting only Smyly and Franklin for Price!

Scherzer, an impending free agent, also was being honest when asked if he ever wanted to play in his hometown, which happens to be St. Louis. The former Parkway Central and Mizzou star took a deep breath, exhaled and said, “It would be too cool. I grew up there. When you’re a little kid, you picture yourself putting on the (Cardinals) uniform.”

Not sure the Cards want to pay that for a pitcher..

Man Rays got hosed in that Price trade. Jackson is blah imo

Wow. Missed this one. I really like that move for the Yankees. Martin is fun to watch.

Braves got Emilio Bonifacio and RP James Russell from the Cubs for a catching prospect not named Bethancourt so I'm happy. Both minor upgrades, but we need the help in both the leadoff spot and the bullpen.

Man Rays got hosed in that Price trade. Jackson is blah imo
Agree and the Rays didn't even get him. Do think the M's did well though getting Jackson for Franklin.

Agree and the Rays didn't even get him. Do think the M's did well though getting Jackson for Franklin.
Ah ok didn't see details just someone at work babbling

Really wish the Tigers got a bullpen arm. But Porcello in the pen for the playoffs will be significant.

Really wish the Tigers got a bullpen arm. But Porcello in the pen for the playoffs will be significant.

Procello and get thru a lineup once unscathed usually, which is great. Sad to see the local Smyly leave and AJax go, but he's underperformed majorly. It's definitely an answer to the Lester trade. Let's see how good Price looks in the old English D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back