PA/NY/OH/IN/MD/MI 2014 Gathering - Pine Lakes Golf Club - Hubbard, OH

Last year, I played my final round on the second weekend of November. It was a bit of an outlier, but I was out there in mid-60 degree weather with shorts and short sleeves on. Of course, it snowed the following week ending the season, but I wouldn't be too worried about weather in October.

This winter I am hoping for a more normal one. Snowfall is fine, even lots of it. But I need there to be some breaks in between where the snow can melt and I can get a chance to sneak out for a bit. Literally, the snow that fell in November 2013 did not clear until March 2014. Never had that happen to me before.

This winter I am hoping for a more normal one. Snowfall is fine, even lots of it. But I need there to be some breaks in between where the snow can melt and I can get a chance to sneak out for a bit. Literally, the snow that fell in November 2013 did not clear until March 2014. Never had that happen to me before.
QFT. I landed home from the Louisiana Invitational on March 31/April 1 to snow still on the ground. It just stuck around forever this spring.

I look forward to this, The Van looks forward to this, Should be a decent time!

So whats the best spot to fly into for this shindig?

Depending on space in the van, I should be able to pick you up in Cleveland if needed.
Thanks for the offer buddy! Looking at flights into dayton. I guess thats the closest?

Thanks for the offer buddy! Looking at flights into dayton. I guess thats the closest?
Closest to pine lakes? Cleveland, akron/ canton and probably pittsburgh

Dayton is nowhere near

So whats the best spot to fly into for this shindig?
If u end up coming to cle or canton/akron let me know I'll make sure u are picked up

Frontier in is usually cheap

Looks like akron via southwest is cheapest right now. 370 round trip...

Any info on stay and play?

Wow return flight on frontier is 2.5 times more than normal on that day for some stupid reason.

Brad can help ya on the stay and play

Should have the stay and play price by Wednesday guys.

Anyone looked checked the loooooooooooonnnnnnnngggggg-range forcast yet? :alien:

Anyone looked checked the loooooooooooonnnnnnnngggggg-range forcast yet? :alien:

No forecast can spoil the style you and I will bring to any golf course!

It will be sunny, with a possibility of clouds of some kind blocking your view of the sun. The clouds might become over saturated which would lead to precipitation.

But you can say with 100% accuracy the sun will be out that day.

It will be sunny, with a possibility of clouds of some kind blocking your view of the sun. The clouds might become over saturated which would lead to precipitation.

But you can say with 100% accuracy the sun will be out that day.

More importantly, you can say with 100% accuracy that day will be 100% awesome - regardless of the weather.

I have been absent for a little while (vacation), but I just want to make sure that my name is still active in this thread and I'm planning on participating.

BTW, I saw that someone asked about flying in... Already discussed that Cleveland, Akron/ Canton, and Pittsburgh are the best options. I will be driving there from the Akron area day of (possibly spend the night in the area to do some partying afterwards- I know it's only an hour away, but why not take the old lady and make it a night on the town???). If anyone flys into Akron, I can absolutely save you rental car and pick you up and ride with. All for the low, low price of a six pack of beer ;)

Little late to party. I live 5 mins from there. I've got you covered.

Same here, I'm 15 minutes north of the Akron/ Canton airport and can happily pick anyone up, provide a couch to crash on night before, etc. I'm driving a Mazda 6, so I'm not exactly a people hauler, but anything I can do for anyone I'm more than happy to.

I am seriously thinking about staying the night in Hubbard after the event, and doing some drinking around town. There's some cool places to catch some drinks and wings close to the course in Hubbard- local dive in the wall type places that are clean. How many are staying in town after the outing, and what's your plans? I really want to get over to Sharon, PA and have a few Lube-n-aides and some original Quaker Steak and Lube wings (if you've never been but are aware of the franchises- the original is 1,000x's better than those cookie cutter corporate franchise places). There's a Travelodge in Hubbard (totally at a truck stop... but not the cliche. It's literally less than two years old and very clean. Plus a bar on property is nice!) that's like $80/ night. http://www.travelodge.com/hotels/oh...-_-TL-_-all&cid=local&wid=local&iata=00065402 Definitely worth a look- wear the truck stop stigma as a badge of honor and don't let it scare you. I stayed there after a wedding out of necessity, and had more than a few beers after at the bar there. Fun times with the salt of the earth.

So many guys I'm looking forward to seeing again for this trip. I cannot wait.

Back