Another Amazon Prime Benefit Launched

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is pretty cool and incredibly smart from Amazon. If you do not need the rush shipping that is free for Amazon Prime members, you can decline that and now get $1 credit per order towards their Instant Video Service.

What sounds like a small deal, could be beneficial for lots of people making the transition to streaming content.

I don't know where I would be without Prime. This deal definitely has me intrigued.

A cool perk AND a potential huge cost savings for Amazon. Win-win!

This is pretty cool and incredibly smart from Amazon. If you do not need the rush shipping that is free for Amazon Prime members, you can decline that and now get $1 credit per order towards their Instant Video Service.

What sounds like a small deal, could be beneficial for lots of people making the transition to streaming content.
This is a great deal I often order things I don't need in two days. Even if it only adds up to a few movies a year for me I still love this.

This is cool and something that I'll likely take advantage of.

Interesting. I don't know when I wouldn't want my 2 day shipping but at least this is now an option.

That is a pretty cool option. I use Amazon for most of my one-off purchases and the majority don't need quick shipping. It's very nice to have when you do need it though.

Just another thing that sets amazon apart. This is awesome.

so is this if you decline the 2 day shipping they give you a credit? Not bad. I'm a big amazon guy.

so is this if you decline the 2 day shipping they give you a credit? Not bad. I'm a big amazon guy.

Exactly.

I was wondering why last night when I bought something it gave me more options for shipping. Though I do love the 2 day shipping, there are certainly things I could be more patient with.

My wife and I were talking about this last night. We usually need the stuff we order in the 2-day window (ex. diapers) and don't watch much streaming video anyways. We have a Netflix subscription anyways, so if we want to watch a movie or TV series, we just watch it through there instead of through Amazon. $1 credit isn't going to sway me all that much.

My wife and I were talking about this last night. We usually need the stuff we order in the 2-day window (ex. diapers) and don't watch much streaming video anyways. We have a Netflix subscription anyways, so if we want to watch a movie or TV series, we just watch it through there instead of through Amazon. $1 credit isn't going to sway me all that much.
With Amazon in the process of opening up a massive warehouse down this way, the 2 day shipping will pretty much be automatic for me, so the $1 credit will be a no brainer.

They used to do this with MP3 credits and quite honestly I took advantage of it alot. Unless its something I really need (PS4!), I would probably go standard shipping route. Even their standard shipping is lightning quick with a massive Arizona warehouse.

We are frequent users and huge fans of Prime for the shipping aspect, but this added perk is a great offer too. Thank you for the heads-up!

With Amazon in the process of opening up a massive warehouse down this way, the 2 day shipping will pretty much be automatic for me, so the $1 credit will be a no brainer.
I was thinking this too, it might help offset the new tax cost we'll be getting too.

Wow that is very cool. Most times I do not need the rush service. That could add up a ton.

i don't utilize the instant streaming as much as i should, so i don't know if i'll partake but i do agree that it is an awesome idea.

I use amazon for a lot of streaming, so this is definitely interesting to me. Most of the stuff we have shipped there's not a need for 2 day shipping since we usually order before we run out, so this would be a no-brainer for those things at least.

I didn't think about that, it's a good point. I'll have to look up if any of their warehouses are in the Northeast.

I really need to check out Amazon Prime. Not sure why I haven't taken advantage of it yet, even though I hear nothing but good things.

That's pretty cool. I love some Prime.

I didn't think about that, it's a good point. I'll have to look up if any of their warehouses are in the Northeast.

I've had stuff delivered with super saver shipping in 2 days or less - I believe there is a warehouse in NH.

This is very cool, as I was thinking about cutting the cable cord but was worried about content. Whenever my wife and I are looking on Amazon (Prime member too) that's what we always look for. So this would be a small but nice added benefit.

Amazon does some brilliant things, but lately I feel they are over-stretching things. Too many vendors, poor ship times, taxes, feel like I am being pushed into Prime even though I don't want it. Their devices push Bing instead of Google. They'll probably go bankrupt before they get drone deliveries running effectively.

Back