Recap Thread - 2014 Morgan Cup

41 minutes??? I wonder if I can put this down on my timesheet somehow?!?! You know Ill be watching this buddy!
I got a little long winded and in hindsite I should have found a way to break it up into segments but that's not going to happen on my phone. I'll take it down and chop it up tonight and repost. Sorry guys.

No need to apologize buddy, it's your video. If you want it all in one, go for it. If you want it broken down, that's fine too.

No need to at all. Those who want to watch will...and I know I will be one of them. You had a remarkable journey.
I got a little long winded and in hindsite I should have found a way to break it up into segments but that's not going to happen on my phone. I'll take it down and chop it up tonight and repost. Sorry guys.

Got it on on a separate monitor. Good stuff so far Neb.

Look forward to watching this when I get home from work.

I am struggling to keep up with all of these recaps. But each one I read it brings such a big smile to my face. As I sit here unpacking into my new house I keep coming back to the past week and how truly special it was. I will have a recap up but it may be a little while as I try and get my house in order.

Keep the recaps coming and I will keep reading them as best I can

This part of my recap is going to discuss some people and my team......

First I must thank my wife. For those who are reading this thread that were not in the MC she helped me get in that outfit to make the last spot on the Callaway roster! The question I have been asked is would I do it again.....

DARN SKIPPY I WOULD! I WOULD PLAY ALL WEEKEND IN A DRESS IF THAT MEANT I GO TO DO THE MORGAN CUP AGAIN!

JB and Morgan. Thank you for all of this. I Wish I had better words to say it or a way to show my appreciation, I just do not feel anything I can say will do it justice, to how much this meant to me.

AdWillingham........O capt my capt. Donne I am a better person today because I can call you a friend. You are as cool as Fonzie. Always there to be the voice of reason with this team of lunatics. I do not know how you drew the short straw and got Adam, Jeremiah and myself on the same team. But you are a saint for dealing with us. You always had the right thing to say at the right time. You allowed us to be adults and not mircomanage us. You were everything a leader should be.....A Shrink, Leader, Friend and Brother all in one! My life is for the better because you are in it. Thank you for everything.

Jeff/John.......Mister Tudor. I am lucky to call you my friend. You are always even keel and just a ton of fun to hang with. Ever since the Callaway testing I have been lucky to call you a friend. After getting married last year it was a blast to watch you go through it a few months ago. I had a ton of fun in our practice rounds and thank you for sitting by my side in Sunday singles. It would have not been as much fun without you. I cannot wait to tee it up with you again soon!

Johnny Mojo...aka Johnny Bridgestone....aka Johnny Fairway....aka One Bad MOFO! Partner I will forever cherish this experience with you. I am so thankful we were teamed up together. Thank you for being a one heck of a friend. I had a blast on our trip down and you killed a bucket list item for me. Fed me Chick-Fil-A and got me there in one piece. We had a ton of during our practice rounds and Saturday is a day I will never forget. I cannot wait till the next event when we can tee it up together. Sorry for the snoring and man it was watching you drive with that new driver!

Big Time Nate.....I am so glad we had you on this team. You are one of the funniest people I have ever met. You taught me more than you realize and probably will ever know and to that I am very grateful. Our practice round was hilarious and was fun watching Spicoli out drive you by 30-40 yards. It is an honor to call you my friend and one day I will learn to vine like you do. Just remember Baby Powder is only a DOLLA in MB!

Adam....I think you said it best in your recap. Pretty sure I am yours and J's long lost cousin. This journey would have not been the same without you. It was so much fun sitting on the porch Sunday watching you play into 18. I cannot wait to get to Chicago so we can tee it up together. As others have said. Your dad rocks. You give awesome hugs and I wish we could have taken a long walk on the beach together! And next time I like Orchids not Roses!

Jeremiah....I dont even know where to start. First you are a heck of a salesmen as you have no business being that lucky with that family......I am pretty sure if we lived in the same city our wives would not let us hang out together. This journey would not have been the same without you. I am fortunate to call you my friend and I cannot wait to get to GA so we can play a round. And thanks for stealing Adam's heart from me, I thought I had a chance but I should have known better.

Padalin aka Steve.....Steve my hot sauce drinking friend you rock. It was so much fun seeing your excitement the entire time during this. Your face on Friday at media day was priceless. I cannot wait to get down to AZ so we can play. Tell Rebecca thanks for being their and doing all of that for us.

There will be more to come but I cannot bring myself to type much more at this point. It has taken a day just to get this out.

Here's my video, and it got a little long. Thanks for those who get through it, but understand for those who don't. This event was the best golf event I could ever dream of, so thank you to all who made it happen. Special thanks to my wife who didn't really get credit in my ramblings but is a major part of why I was able to do this event.

I love seeing the trophy behind you buddy, can't wait to see it in person!

I'm only a few minutes in, but so far it's great man, hopefully my phone doesn't ring for a bit!

First I must thank my wife. For those who are reading this thread that were not in the MC she helped me get in that outfit to make the last spot on the Callaway roster! The question I have been asked is would I do it again.....

DARN SKIPPY I WOULD! I WOULD PLAY ALL WEEKEND IN A DRESS IF THAT MEANT I GO TO DO THE MORGAN CUP AGAIN!

JB and Morgan. Thank you for all of this. I Wish I had better words to say it or a way to show my appreciation, I just do not feel anything I can say will do it justice, to how much this meant to me.

AdWillingham........O capt my capt. Donne I am a better person today because I can call you a friend. You are as cool as Fonzie. Always there to be the voice of reason with this team of lunatics. I do not know how you drew the short straw and got Adam, Jeremiah and myself on the same team. But you are a saint for dealing with us. You always had the right thing to say at the right time. You allowed us to be adults and not mircomanage us. You were everything a leader should be.....A Shrink, Leader, Friend and Brother all in one! My life is for the better because you are in it. Thank you for everything.

Jeff/John.......Mister Tudor. I am lucky to call you my friend. You are always even keel and just a ton of fun to hang with. Ever since the Callaway testing I have been lucky to call you a friend. After getting married last year it was a blast to watch you go through it a few months ago. I had a ton of fun in our practice rounds and thank you for sitting by my side in Sunday singles. It would have not been as much fun without you. I cannot wait to tee it up with you again soon!

Johnny Mojo...aka Johnny Bridgestone....aka Johnny Fairway....aka One Bad MOFO! Partner I will forever cherish this experience with you. I am so thankful we were teamed up together. Thank you for being a one heck of a friend. I had a blast on our trip down and you killed a bucket list item for me. Fed me Chick-Fil-A and got me there in one piece. We had a ton of during our practice rounds and Saturday is a day I will never forget. I cannot wait till the next event when we can tee it up together. Sorry for the snoring and man it was watching you drive with that new driver!

Big Time Nate.....I am so glad we had you on this team. You are one of the funniest people I have ever met. You taught me more than you realize and probably will ever know and to that I am very grateful. Our practice round was hilarious and was fun watching Spicoli out drive you by 30-40 yards. It is an honor to call you my friend and one day I will learn to vine like you do. Just remember Baby Powder is only a DOLLA in MB!

Adam....I think you said it best in your recap. Pretty sure I am yours and J's long lost cousin. This journey would have not been the same without you. It was so much fun sitting on the porch Sunday watching you play into 18. I cannot wait to get to Chicago so we can tee it up together. As others have said. Your dad rocks. You give awesome hugs and I wish we could have taken a long walk on the beach together! And next time I like Orchids not Roses!

Jeremiah....I dont even know where to start. First you are a heck of a salesmen as you have no business being that lucky with that family......I am pretty sure if we lived in the same city our wives would not let us hang out together. This journey would not have been the same without you. I am fortunate to call you my friend and I cannot wait to get to GA so we can play a round. And thanks for stealing Adam's heart from me, I thought I had a chance but I should have known better.

Padalin aka Steve.....Steve my hot sauce drinking friend you rock. It was so much fun seeing your excitement the entire time during this. Your face on Friday at media day was priceless. I cannot wait to get down to AZ so we can play. Tell Rebecca thanks for being their and doing all of that for us.

There will be more to come but I cannot bring myself to type much more at this point. It has taken a day just to get this out.
Hey ive said on several occasions I outkicked my coverage. Heck im not sure I was even playing the right game.. :)

Its not everyday I can say I had a 6'7 ex college player on my lap at dinner.. lmao. You truly became part of my family. Im honored to call you my brother and cant wait to tee it up or even see you again man. Also, as long as we already had bail money I think the wifes would be okay with us hanging out. :)

Here's my video, and it got a little long. Thanks for those who get through it, but understand for those who don't. This event was the best golf event I could ever dream of, so thank you to all who made it happen. Special thanks to my wife who didn't really get credit in my ramblings but is a major part of why I was able to do this event.

I'm looking forward to watching this. All 41 minutes of it.

Ok I have gone back and forth whether to do this, but felt video was better to truly convey my thoughts. I hope I'm uploading this correctly.

https://vimeo.com/102261564

My man! What a dude this guy is. Thank you very much for the kind words, but I was just doing my best for the betterment of the MC. I know anyone of us could have done what I did but none could have run the camera like you did. You were an absolute professional out there and I hope a lot of people see that in the coverage.

You are also one of the best dudes I have met. The nights in the villa were some of the best times I have had, but let's try to forget Kevin trying to kill us Friday night. I am looking forward to getting another round in with and just shooting the breeze over some brews.

Well… for starters this was my third MC, and the one I will remember most! Where else can I get hugs from multiple men and my husband not care ha ha!! I love seeing each year how a random group of strangers can turn into family in a matter of a few days, each wanting to win, but at the same time cheering on their competitors.
Every year I am also treated like one of the family and not just one of the wives, and this means so much.
I wouldn't consider myself a volunteer, more like Morgan's side kick! Those volunteers worked their butts off this past weekend and the fruit of their labor shows! I had the privilege of helping Morgan last year, and decided to help again, and couldn't have asked for a better time! Man were we trouble this year with all our jokes and pranks. :) Thank you to everyone that has mentioned me, it was an honor to watch every up and down and the emotions that ensued.
I have made so many friends over the past three years, and that is truly priceless!
Now dammit Canadan….. Where is my slushy!

Finally got the pleasure of being able to sit down and talk with you and Eric this weekend and I am glad I did. You two are some of the nicest people I have met and just know how to have a good time. Hopefully our paths will cross again soon but the next time you make sure you hold up to your end of the deal. ;)

I'm half way through Ryan, great work man, your game has come full circle for sure.

Nice recap Trevor! What was the bucket list item that Mojo helped you scratch off? Did you guys go to Graceland and sit in the jungle room together?

Ryan - thank you for the kind words. They were unnecessary, but thank you. Like I said in my video you overcame so much from a confidence and nerves perspective it was nice to see you come out on top. look forward to the next time we can tee it up.

Nice recap Trevor! What was the bucket list item that Mojo helped you scratch off? Did you guys go to Graceland and sit in the jungle room together?

Something like that. But its not for this thread........And Barry Nate said it in the other thread. Thanks for the support!

Ryan, glad you did the video! Always locked in time now. You are the rock star my friend! You are what the Morgan Cup is all about. The excitement in your eyes each time I saw and talked with you was very evident! You did a great job! Well done and great video.

Ryan - thank you for the kind words. They were unnecessary, but thank you. Like I said in my video you overcame so much from a confidence and nerves perspective it was nice to see you come out on top. look forward to the next time we can tee it up.

I'll absolutely echo this comment about Ryan's game and progress. He was openly nervous with us when teams were selected, because his handicap was the highest. But, Ryan promised to put the work in and make his game the best it could be when he arrived in MB.

It was.

Ryan hit some of the most clutch shots during our AS matches that put us in prime scoring position. His driving was also generally incredible when we played.

I was really glad to play with Ryan and see his improvement firsthand. His game was an absolute key to DotCom winning the MC.

I'm speechless right now. Really, I am. I've been sitting here for the last 30 minutes trying to find a way to reply to all of the amazing things you had to say and I'm drawing a blank because of the tidal wave of emotion running through me right now. I'm going to let this all set in and respond later.....probably via video since the recent ones have inspired me to do so.

I'll say this right now though, thank you Ryan. I love you like a brother.

This was awesome to read Trevor.

Watched every second--worth it--great thoughts Neb.

Finally got the pleasure of being able to sit down and talk with you and Eric this weekend and I am glad I did. You two are some of the nicest people I have met and just know how to have a good time. Hopefully our paths will cross again soon but the next time you make sure you hold up to your end of the deal. ;)

Whatever are you talking about… I did kind of… sorta... hold up my end of the deal!

Last edited:
Whatever are you talking about… I did kind of… sorta... hold up my end of the deal!

Eric doesn't really count. We all know he would do it for free. Haha!

Every needs to do themselves a favor and watch, well done Ryan, you sir are now an MC Champion Rockstar and don't forget it!

Yup, that was well worth every darn second. Ryan, you are one awesome dude and it is amazing to see how you have transformed over the last several months. That is a true testament to your work ethic and putting in the time to hold up your end the of bargain of being on Team Dot Com. Being brutally honest, if you don't put in that work you did and it come to fruition last weekend, you probably don't have that "piston cup" (aka Morgan Cup champion trophy) sitting on display. You freaking earned that thing buddy and cherish it for a long time. That Sunday round was something special for you man , or as I paraphrase Brad, "What can you do, he hit 11/14 GIR!" and I loved seeing some of it and your entire weekend. You should be darn proud of what you accomplished so far, so why not keep going and see where you can go. I appreciate the kind words and it was great just talking Sunday night. Keep it going man and I hope we cross paths soon.

Back