New Technology From Mizuno

Interesting. My guess is one of two things. I seem to recall Adila using boron in shafts a few years ago...increased breaking point allowing for some other interesting properties. But Mizzy doesn't do a lot of graphite irons so my next guess is boron nitride, one of the hardest substances known to mankind. That would allow for a very thin face without sacrificing trampoline. Boron wouldn't be a particularly good weight since it's actually not common at all and only something you would want to use as a small portion of a club.

Anyway, my money is on boron nitride faces. More than likely wrong, though.

Interesting. My guess is one of two things. I seem to recall Adila using boron in shafts a few years ago...increased breaking point allowing for some other interesting properties. But Mizzy doesn't do a lot of graphite irons so my next guess is boron nitride, one of the hardest substances known to mankind. That would allow for a very thin face without sacrificing trampoline. Boron wouldn't be a particularly good weight since it's actually not common at all and only something you would want to use as a small portion of a club.

Anyway, my money is on boron nitride faces. More than likely wrong, though.
As boron is used in lightweight but strong things you may be on to something.

New putter?

Looks like a really nice paper weight. I hate it when I have papers in the golf cart and they blow away. Good for Mizuno for correcting this problem. :clapp:

~Rock

It's definitely interesting, although Mizuno is no stranger to tungsten.

Mizuno_MP_59_431211_i0.jpg

That's true - I was thinking more in terms of the small weight in the toe you see in the other companies, but forgot about the MP-59 muscle cavity. With some of the things people have said about how it might be ideal for the face, I wonder if this will be used in the eventual successor to the JPX pro line?

Would be interesting to see how a tough grain flow forged boron club would perform side by side with carbon steel. Could be a very durable, yet solid feeling club that lasts longer. Interesting to say the least.

Definitely a nice tease by Mizuno, it will be interesting to find out what it means.

I wonder if it is what the new weights in the "Blue Bird" driver are made from

I've always been a fan of there irons, so I'm interested to see where they go with Boron.

For such a small (looks small) piece of metal, and being heavy, makes me wonder about the possibility of it's use in/as a forged iron.

Counter balance for a putter, perhaps?

Found some forged Japanese Mizuno irons that have "boron steel" in Japan. I don't know the embargo rules around here so I won't post, but based on that, I'm pretty confident that they are going to release a US boron-steel faced iron and I would very much like to try it when (if) they do. The nice thing is I bet the price comes in aroound the price of the Callaway Apex set, which is to say not crazy expensive.

its tungsten I believe.

Maybe it will be like Miura who released a special Black Boron finish iron last year I think.

Hummmmmm, now I am totally intrigued about this one. Great guesses folks.

Actually I believe that would be a cylinder as opposed to a block wouldn't it? lol

New metal to forge irons out of perhaps?

Yes correct

Guessing its a new club material very soft. Cannot wait to see what is reviled

This little thing was dropped off at THP HQ by Mizuno yesterday. Heavy for its size is an understatement.

ehehaja5.jpg

I didn't know Mizuno made control rods for nuclear reactors! (I know they use boron in those babies!)

Nice to see mizuno create some buzz with something we know nothing about.

An interesting tease from the boys at Mizuno.

Wow, they could certainly use a shake up with tech to get rid of some stereotypes.

Interesting. Mizuno seems like a company that could pull something technically impressive, and probably expensive, off. Although I sure hope TaylorMade has a new iron release, been a little quiet from them lately.

I'm hanging on for more.news on this one. This could be interesring.

You and me both! I love me some Mizuno!

Has to go down as one of the more "interesting" items you have received.

Looking forward to hearing more about this

Just wait till he gets the package I sent :devil:.......I've got nothing to back that up with. I've sent JB no packages.

It's definitely interesting, although Mizuno is no stranger to tungsten.

Mizuno_MP_59_431211_i0.jpg

TI is titanium Dan....Not Tungsten. You're still my boy though.

things have been so busy at THP Media that mizuno gave them a nice paper weight

The key feature to the jpx850 line possibility?

Back