Dustin Johnson Suspended For Testing Positive For Cocaine?

So he's been tested and found using twice? That's perhaps addiction and perhaps a misplaced sense of invulnerability. Not to mention not too terribly clever.
Is there an actual drug policy on the Tour? 3 strikes or something? I did a search and couldn't find anything laying it out, which doesn't shock me that much.

If there is an escalating scale, the whole contriteness thing makes sense. Can't just say "Whatever, Dude" and go sit on a pile of money for 6 months. I guess we'll see just how serious he is about making changes.

I have always enjoyed watching Dustin play some great golf but guess he just doesn't have his prioties straight after he leaves the course. So who is worse, DJ taking Illegal Drugs or Tiger Cheating on his wife???
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. I've never done any type of illegal drug or cheated on my wife, but I'm not going to judge either person as I don't have to deal with whatever it is they are dealing with on a daily basis. I know for me, and most of us, we would have a hard time walking away if we were in Tiger's shoes. It's a lot easier to walk away from drugs (unless you are already a user).
Play golf, that's what I want them to do. What they do in their time away from the course is none of my business.

Interesting... was this leaked out anonymously, or did the Tour break it's silence on suspensions?

Anonymous sources. Seems like it would be hard to keep a 6 month suspension quiet.

Hope this is the thing that helps him turn it around. Ive said it though from day 1 I don't think PG is good for him. Her lifestyle seems destructive.

Wow. That was unexpected.

some real interesting stuff in the article... sexual indescretions with another player's wife... he's lucky he didn't get his knee caps busted.

I guess whe know how he meet Paulina now

Just waiting to see the sponsor fall out

Me too. I'd imagine TaylorMade can't be too happy right now. Timing is awful with the other stuff they have going on.

"He is often seen in bars near his home in Jupiter, Fla., and is also known to have had a sexual indiscretion with at least one wife of a PGA Tour player."

I heard this rumor before so guess where there is smoke there is fire. I think this player is currently in the top 10 (FedEx) right now.

I hope he gets his life in order. PGA Tour Pro or not, being addicted to coke is no way to live a life.

"He is often seen in bars near his home in Jupiter, Fla., and is also known to have had a sexual indiscretion with at least one wife of a PGA Tour player."

I heard this rumor before so guess where there is smoke there is fire. I think this player is currently in the top 10 (FedEx) right now.

You've heard the part about the other player's wife? Nice.

Wow

So is the PGA finally decided that they need to start making suspensions public? Or was this just leaked out for shock value since DJ was being slightly sly about his "personal challenges"? Personally I hope they are moving in the way of making suspensions public. I think its silly to hide them and try to have this "good boy" image that they want to have. That to me breeds this to happen. If hes failed twice and we are just now finding out about it, shame on the PGA. One failed test, suspend for 3 months and treatment help and go public with it. A second failed test goes for 6 months and treatment help and go public with it. A third gets a year and treatment help and you have to requalify for your card the new way. I like DJ and I enjoy watching him play golf. But I personally hope the PGA makes an example of him at this point.

How long have they had a drug testing policy and how many actual public disclosure suspensions have been doled out?

Oh Snap, all hell is coming undone for DJ!!!
Wow

I wish nothing but the best and hope he can find recovery and get his life back on track. I really like DJ and always pulled for him, it's a little disappointing reading about multiple drug tests he failed and it's shocking to read he had an affair with another pro's wife...

Just goes to show that even if they are good with the fans and media and conduct themselves well on the course, they could be battling just as many or more demons off the course as the players we (I) am found bashing online for their behavior in front of the cameras.

Here's to a full recovery for DJ.

Not completely unexpected. Seemed like something was up. Drugs are fun man, no doubt about it. DJ should have been a little more hidden with his activities, but he will serve his sentence now.

The PGA Tour hasn't disclosed anything yet, right? It all seems like the leaks came from anonymous sources. Splitting hairs, I know, but still.

Still nothing on PGAtour.com about it even though it is mentioned on many other news outlets.

what would 3 failed tests in other sports garner for a punishment?

I'm curious who these other tour players were that he stepped into their relationships. I'm not judge, nor a saint, but hearing all of this unfold is rather crazy. I like watching him, will look forward to his career coming back. It would be a shame to have another Anthony Kim on our hands.

Wow. Gilmore hit Bob Barker and didn't even get suspended that long...

Kidding aside, hope he comes back from this and gets his life together...

What an idiot.

However, this isn't surprising coming from him.

The PGA Tour hasn't disclosed anything yet, right? It all seems like the leaks came from anonymous sources. Splitting hairs, I know, but still.

I was thinking the same thing, but believe something happened to have this leaked. It's no secret the tour protects it's own in regards to "we handle things internally" so for this to leak just feels like they are making an example out of him

My most powerful addiction would be launching balls like DJ if I had the talent.

Back