DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late notice, but perfect weather in store for tomorrow (Friday). Playing at Champ Circle using idealgolfer passes at 1:04 pm. 2 spots open....

Late notice, but perfect weather in store for tomorrow (Friday). Playing at Champ Circle using idealgolfer passes at 1:04 pm. 2 spots open....
I will have to check with the family as for plans for the day, but maybe.

Hello new to DFW area, moved up from Houston in 2010, and new to THP. Heading to NM mountains for 6 of.the next eight weeks so cat make this one but look forward to one soon.

Not familiar with most of the courses mentioned yet. I play Watters Creek most Saturdays and ridge view ranch, the Bridges in Gunter, trails of Frisco and heritagee entrance most week days with a couple of groups. I've heard good things about Cowboy Club and Sky Creek but not played the yet. Have enjoyed the great options around the area including Stevens Park, historic Cedar Crest and Tennyson.

Welcome to the DFW crew, glad to have you.

I'm good to play, but looking at Golf now, not sure I want to pay $70 to play that course. Will think about it and let you know in the morning.

I'm good to play, but looking at Golf now, not sure I want to pay $70 to play that course. Will think about it and let you know in the morning.

Update?? I wouldn't be playing out there either, but the Ideal passes from a couple weeks back make it a no-brainer. Nice cool weather today, so looking forward to this!

Update?? I wouldn't be playing out there either, but the Ideal passes from a couple weeks back make it a no-brainer. Nice cool weather today, so looking forward to this!

You will have a good time. Could nice ask for nicer temps. I may see if I can find some place to get on later today. Don't want to pass up the chance at a day like this.

I am excited for the weekend of the 9th and 10th. I plan on being at Ed's house by Friday early evening. Cant wait to tee it up with all you Texicans :D

Glad you can work your way around Tapatalk. Cookie is correct. We are talking that weekend. Shane had that weekend available and has been really wanting to head down here for a round with the DFW crew.

Eddie: any idea where to play? Could do 36 on Saturday at PV playing each course...with lunch between rounds. And then maybe play a course we don't see often on Sunday?

Open to anything though....just an idea.

That sounds really good to me. Cool down and recharge between rounds on Saturday :)

Eddie: any idea where to play? Could do 36 on Saturday at PV playing each course...with lunch between rounds. And then maybe play a course we don't see often on Sunday?

I have been thinking about this for some time. I was trying to think of some place that would allow us I play some fun golf all day. I was looking at more higher end courses, but not sure what to do. PV would definitely work out very good for us though.

I have been thinking about this for some time. I was trying to think of some place that would allow us I play some fun golf all day. I was looking at more higher end courses, but not sure what to do. PV would definitely work out very good for us though.

Maybe PV for 36 and then a higher end course Sunday?

Unsure what would work for 36 on Saturday getting times we need and ample time between rounds. PV is just very convenient for that, plus the conditions should be as good as they get for that course.

Maybe that course in Burleson off 35 on Sunday?

Grapevine would also work well for Saturday but we just did that....

Unsure what would work for 36 on Saturday getting times we need and ample time between rounds. PV is just very convenient for that, plus the conditions should be as good as they get for that course.

Hidden Creek? I played there last month... it was in good condition and a fun track. I wouldn't call it high end, but it is nice.

Hidden Creek? I played there last month... it was in good condition and a fun track. I wouldn't call it high end, but it is nice.

Yep, that's it. Looked good from the highway.

Why must I be out of town this weekend!!! If you are looking for a nice track for Sunday check out Squaw Valley in Glen Rose, Play the Apache Links, great course in great shape.

Yep, that's it. Looked good from the highway.

Why must I be out of town this weekend!!! If you are looking for a nice track for Sunday check out Squaw Valley in Glen Rose, Play the Apache Links, great course in great shape.

With Shane heading home Sunday after we play, I was thinking something up on the north end of Fort Worth. Makes it easier for him when he goes the road.

How about Wildhorse at Robson Ranch for Sunday? A good, wide open Texas course. If the wind is not blowing, it's pretty easy, but if the wind gets up it can become rather tricky to get around.

How about Wildhorse at Robson Ranch for Sunday? A good, wide open Texas course. If the wind is not blowing, it's pretty easy, but if the wind gets up it can become rather tricky to get around.

Turtle Hill, up in Muenster is a cool track. I don't know what shape it is in, though.

Turtle Hill, up in Muenster is a cool track. I don't know what shape it is in, though.

That is the issue with that place. Don't know what you are getting into when playing up there. But it really is an interesting track.

The more I think about this the funner/better this sounds. No changing locations and both courses are in good shape. Then hit something else on Sunday.

The more I think about this the funner/better this sounds. No changing locations and both courses are in good shape. Then hit something else on Sunday.

Sounds good. And I'm cool with whatever up north.

FYI,
A bridge on I-35W near 287 is being blown up this weekend.

Thanks for the info 287 is one way I go toward n NM but I will avoid this route sundar morning and go 380 out of Denton west until I hit 287 in Decatur I believe,

Anyone playing in the Fort Worth area this weekend? I have to get out once Saturday anytime or Sunday afternoon. Taking the wife and daughter to the airport Sunday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back