2014 Ryder Cup Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the SuperBowl?

Seriously though, I need to request these days off work.

Agreed! Other than the Masters and the final round of the US Open the Ryder Cup is the only golf tournament I'd rather stay in and watch than be on the course playing.

The Ryder Cup is up there with the greatest sporting events in the world. The only things I find comparable are the World Cup finals in football and rugby (as I'm a huge rugby fan). I've been lucky enough to go to quite a few live sporting events... Football and rugby matches, F1 grand prix', Opens, regular tour events.... Nothing beats the day I spent down in Celtic Manor during the Ryder Cup in 2010. Nothing comes close to the atmosphere in that grandstand on the first tee! Amazing times!!!

after posting on Six4Three5 's thread, I looked closer at the current standings....Outside the top 9 right now Keegan, Zach, Phil, Tiger, Stricker, Furyk, Brandt if this ended today those 3 Capts would be tough

What percentage chance do you give the US to win this Ryder Cup? 10%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 90%?

Dustin Johnson - Out
Jason Dufner - suffering from 2 bulging discs in his neck
Phil - inconsistent year with no top 10 finishes. A Captains pick?
Tiger - not sharp so far in his return from injury. Not likely to make the Playoffs. A Captains pick?

10% for me. I think Euros win in the biggest rout in history.

after posting on Six4Three5 's thread, I looked closer at the current standings....Outside the top 9 right now Keegan, Zach, Phil, Tiger, Stricker, Furyk, Brandt if this ended today those 3 Capts would be tough
Personally I would go keegan, Zach and tiger. I still think tigers nastiness would be good for the team.

Dear Tiger,

Please play well, make cuts and place in the top 10 over the next few weeks.

Thanks,

DJ

Keegan playing well this week... that will help his case out if he can finish well.

With DJ now out does this put Tiger in for sure?

I really like the way Ryan Moore has been playing lately. Wouldn't mind seeing Tom Watson giving him the nod.

The Europeans looks way to strong this year. May be a blow out. But who knows...
Will be interesting to watch either way.

with Tiger(back is too risky now) & DJ out, I figure Phil & Keegan get 2 of the 3 captains picks, the final pick will be interesting

Listened to Tom Watson doing an interview this morning on Fairways of Life with Matt Adams. 2 things to take away. He said Phil was a guy he would like to have on his team and that he watched Tiger yesterday and said things didn't bode well for him.

With updated standings Zach is #9, Phil is #10, and Keegan is #11. Seem like logical three captain picks to me. Phil has started to play better beginning with The Open, deserves a spot now.

Edit: Top 9 in standings get in so Zach would already be in if points ended today. I'd take Ryan Moore who sits at #13 in points standings right now as the 3rd pick.

With updated standings Zach is #9, Phil is #10, and Keegan is #11. Seem like logical three captain picks to me. Phil has started to play better beginning with The Open, deserves a spot now.

Edit: Top 9 in standings get in so Zach would already be in if points ended today. I'd take Ryan Moore who sits at #13 in points standings right now as the 3rd pick.
Top 9 are automatically in, so with Zach being in, I'd go Keegan,Phil(maybe, we'll see next week), and I think Ryan Moore has been playing great, I wouldn't mind seeing him in the mix.

double points available this week. Guys can certainly make a good jump from back in the pack.

At least the US has one top 5 player on their list in Patrick Reed.

Off the radar captain's pick: Brandt Snedeker. He's been playing better over the past few weeks after the switch to Butch Harmon, and everyone knows that putting is the name of the game at the Ryder Cup.

Dufner is playing awful golf this year, hoping he falls off the list to be honest. Look at his last 5

May 29
Memorial Tourn
T19
$65,237.78

Jun 12
US Open
CUT

$0

Jun 26
QuickLoans Nat
CUT

$0

Jul 17Open Championship
T51
289+1$25,030

Jul 31WGC-Bridgestone
T66
294+14$43,375

Yea Dufdaddy is hurting. I liked him the 2012 RC, but injured is no good.

Yea Dufdaddy is hurting. I liked him the 2012 RC, but injured is no good.

I wouldnt mind Moore and/or Simpson replacing him

I vote for Scarnici/Cookie. Two killers right there.

Off the radar captain's pick: Brandt Snedeker. He's been playing better over the past few weeks after the switch to Butch Harmon, and everyone knows that putting is the name of the game at the Ryder Cup.
I like that pick!

At least the US has one top 5 player on their list in Patrick Reed.
Yeah, I posted this in the Rory thread a little while ago, but the fortunes of the two teams look decidedly different right now, with the recent events of DJ and Tiger and the recent play of Rory, Sergio and Justin Rose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back