Booking online as a single

Dgvillere

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
With all the chatter about the downturn of golf, yet many courses will not book online unless you're booking for more than one player. Case in point, I'm going to New Braunfels, TX next weekend for a Sat/Sun tournament. I'm driving over Thursday, figured I'd get in a practice round on Friday since I don't know the course there and want to have an idea of the layout. But go to the course website itself and only offers online booking for 2, 3 or 4 players. I'm sure I'll still get on there Friday but don't know why courses won't let you book online as a single.

Around here it varies online, about half will book a single online, half won't. Usually if they don't, I'm not going there.

I have never run into a course that would not allow singles to be booked online. I never even considered that courses would not do that. I am thankful for this as I book as a single 99% of the time. #Ihavenogolfingbuddiescloseby #tpluffkeepsgivingmetheheisman :wink:

Yeah, never seen the ability to book a single either. Just book for 2 and say the other flaked when you check in.

For some reason I just found the golf now app for iPhone and I saw a few courses around here will book a single. Haven't tried it yet tho

Most around here don't either, unless there's already another person (s) booked already (singles usually can call in a reservation

some around here allow it others don't kind of a crap shoot

Same here. There is a course 2 min. from my place but, they don't book singles so I go elsewhere.

For some reason I just found the golf now app for iPhone and I saw a few courses around here will book a single. Haven't tried it yet tho

I was just about to suggest that. A lot of courses near me book singles via Golf Now, and the course down the street from me is actively telling people via social media to book rounds there via the GN app.

I usually called , and they were kind enough to join me up with another group .. And the good thing I still got the online discount . Fortunate they worked with me , and I had the chance to meet some great people from all over the United States . Call , they will work with you

Most courses around me will not open tee times to singles unless a twosome or threesome has booked slots at that time. They would rather keep them available for a foursome to take the entire slot, but once a smaller group takes it, they want to fill the extra spaces with singles. I understand it, but don't necessarily agree, especially in off peak times.

I've booked on golfnow.com as a single. Did it in Orlando, back in May. No problems. But, it probably depends on the course.

I see this a lot around the DC area. I try to use golfnow as much as possible when not playing my regular course. I can get a good deal and usually have no issue booking as a single. Most course websites only allow a single to book if at least a twosome has already booked. I will also look in the morning to see if the tee time I want is still available and will show up tor try and get out at that time.

Some of the courses here won't let you book a single until the morning of.

This particular course isn't even on golf now, tee off or any other discount site that I've seen

Most courses around me will not open tee times to singles unless a twosome or threesome has booked slots at that time. They would rather keep them available for a foursome to take the entire slot, but once a smaller group takes it, they want to fill the extra spaces with singles. I understand it, but don't necessarily agree, especially in off peak times.

That there is total B.S. The majority of time I'm a single as I play when I can. If golf courses continue to do stupid stuff like this then golf will continue its decline. I haven't played a course in years where it's been foursome after foursome (except for the municipal course as they don't give a rip about pace of play and are happy to put 5-somes and 6-somes out there). I book as a single and it always works out.

I've booked on golfnow.com as a single. Did it in Orlando, back in May. No problems. But, it probably depends on the course.
^^^ What he said. That is the benefit of sites like this. Typically you can make a tee time as a single on them. They may be limited, but something is usually available.

That there is total B.S. The majority of time I'm a single as I play when I can. If golf courses continue to do stupid stuff like this then golf will continue its decline. I haven't played a course in years where it's been foursome after foursome (except for the municipal course as they don't give a rip about pace of play and are happy to put 5-somes and 6-somes out there). I book as a single and it always works out.
A 6 some ? Wow

Yeah, never seen the ability to book a single either. Just book for 2 and say the other flaked when you check in.

THIS. I have done it on more than one occasion. Golfnow does have courses that allow it but there are others I want to play that don't have the option so I do exactly what Keyser said... has never failed me.

Given all the talk about the decline in golf, I would think courses refusing to book a single are part of the problem rather than the solution. I've never experienced that here in Washington or down in Arizona during the winter. Last week I arrived for a scheduled threesome tee time, where the other two were no show. I was told I could go ahead and tee off as a single or join the threesome that had the next tee time. Since the threesome was agreeable and very friendly, I joined up with them. This at the prestigious and popular Home Course, in Dupont, WA. I often tee off as a single ay my home club, when I want to work on my game rather than just play a round.

Most courses around here won't let you book as a single until a day or two beforehand.

With all the chatter about the downturn of golf, yet many courses will not book online unless you're booking for more than one player. Case in point, I'm going to New Braunfels, TX next weekend for a Sat/Sun tournament. I'm driving over Thursday, figured I'd get in a practice round on Friday since I don't know the course there and want to have an idea of the layout. But go to the course website itself and only offers online booking for 2, 3 or 4 players. I'm sure I'll still get on there Friday but don't know why courses won't let you book online as a single.
As someone who plays single most of the time, I've always been told they don't allow booking because you don't need a tee time as a single, there for you don't need to reserve the spot.

It's next to impossible around here. There are a few places where I can show up at around dawn and get off early but I'm always paired up with other singles doing the same. That said, popular public tracks around here are wall to wall four balls most Saturdays and Sundays until October

I travel all the time so I almost always play as a single. I also play a lot at twilight so it gets frustrating when I can't book as a single in the 6:00 PM time range. I just go on the the next course that allows online booking.

Management at many golf courses doesn't maximize their revenue because they would rather adhere to policy than put a few more golfers on the course at off peak times.

I've always been able to book as a single, so I'm no help on this one. Some tines I call and ask for a tee time as a single and they tell me to just show up. So I do and I'm always able to get out quickly. I guess I always thought it was better to book as a single. If I came across a course that didn't, I'd be like others and cross it off my list.

Back