Dustin Johnson Suspended For Testing Positive For Cocaine?

Just read Sobel's article. Started thinking wouldn't he be better coming out and admitting he has a problem and talking about it? It may not help him with his sponsors in the short-term but I certainly think it would go along way in helping smooth things over with his fans and his recovery. The first step in recovery is admitting you have a problem - and consistently denying there is an issue and trying to hide from it doesn't seemed to have helped him kick his bad habits.

Uh oh. Now it finally breaks. Voluntary huh? I hope he gets it sorted out and comes back with a renewed sense of focus and passion for the game.

The Cocaine thing doesn't really bother me as much as it should but I hate hearing about the guy wrecking marriages.
I have no time or respect for that. Even if the woman is the problem you still have to respect your fellow man enough to stay away.

The PGA awarded Dustin a "game misconduct" penalty for cocaine use.............Papa Gretzky may have other penalties in store for him.................

Hopefully this doesn't turn into another AK situation, where we just don't hear from him again.

If I knew about this for years how did the PGA tour only find out about this now?!

Huh? He failed in 09, 12, and now... Pretty sure they knew about his problems.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Is there value in dragging this through the mud? Or is this a trolling thread?

Is there value in dragging this through the mud? Or is this a trolling thread?
Not sure if it's through the mud, per se. The PGA breaking its usual silence on suspensions is interesting, along with the length of it, and for what I consider to be a recreational as opposed to performance-enhancing drug. It's also interesting because Dustin is a high-profile player leading a high-profile life, as tour pros go.

Also, and I freely admit I don't really understand addiction except to say that it occasionally makes you a very irrational human being, but if I've already been suspended from my job that pays me millions of dollars and has furnished me with a nice home and attractive fiancee, I don't repeat the things that got me suspended. So there's a certain amount of "I don't get it." wrapped around all of these sorts of things, too.

Pretty sad the tour basically covered this up in 2012... I guess it's their prerogative to do what they feel is best for the game, but pretty shady in my opinion.

Unless I missed something the PGA Tour has not announced any suspension. It is an anonymous source that revealed the suspension. Also the PGA Tour never reveals suspension so they aren't covering anything up. This is par for the course in that regard.

I just hope that he can get his life straightened out.

Be the ball!!

Just got in from a round and in hate reading all of this. I can't imagine living life with that kind of money, fame, temptations, etc... When I hear about substance abuse and improper relationships you can see the brokenness in a persons life. I hope the best for him and that he surrounds himself with some stability and people who really care about him and not his fame.

I got this text a little earlier:

ESPN - PGA VP Ty Votaw says Dustin Johnson "is not under a suspension from the PGA Tour"

So what gives?

Dustin is a good golfer but a jerk personally. I have no pity nor care about him, he has talent but prefers cocaine to doing his job. Found him extremely unfriendly as well... Get well Dustin then stop being a jerk

I got this text a little earlier:

ESPN - PGA VP Ty Votaw says Dustin Johnson "is not under a suspension from the PGA Tour"

So what gives?

Damage control over the leak

Every time I go to a new doctor, I have a bunch of medical privacy forms to fill out. Federal and state medical privacy laws make it pretty illegal for the PGA to talk about player medical problems that result in suspensions. Unless there is a waver in the playing contract, I think that is in NFL collective bargaining agreement.

Damage control over the leak

If they are in fact trying to control the damage, why did it take the entire day to come out and refute it? Are their PR people that far behind what is going on in the media?

If they are in fact trying to control the damage, why did it take the entire day to come out and refute it? Are their PR people that far behind what is going on in the media?

They were trying to read the damage from three different vantage points. Then a leaf blew in front of them. So they had to start over.

They were trying to read the damage from three different vantage points. Then a leaf blew in front of them. So they had to start over.

Kevin Na was in the group in front of them?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Golf channel reporting he is not suspended...

The other rumored wife was Erin Walker...Jimmy Walker's wife...

I jokingly made a comment about DJ in the Taylormade thread this morning and never thought it would ever come out. I have some friends in the Carolinas that say DJ has had issues since he was at Costal Carolina as well, but it was never made public. While the Tour is known to keep issues like this in-house, I feel that is a disservice to the public. Now that people are hearing of this being a 3rd failed test we feel duped and I can only imagine there are a few kids that looked up to him as well.

I'd say he took advantage of two vulnerable women in possible unhappy marriages. I say he should have had the clearer head and stronger will to stop it.

Don't get me wrong, the women are very much to blame and very much disgust me as well.

Looks like DJ lacks self control. Seems to be a theme for high profile professional athletes.

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

Dustin Johnson Suspended For Testing Positive For Cocaine?

How is it there's speculation, then everywhere reporting suspension and now they are walking it back. No wonder people don't know or care what the truth is anymore Knock the BS off and just come clean. Your a public figure. Own up to it whatever it is.

Back