Monsta Golf Balls

coers

@andrewcoers
Reaction score
Groveland,IL Central Illinois/Just south of Peoria
Handicap
Anyone heard or play with these golf balls??? Just got a dozen to try out. www.monstagolf.com

3-piece urethane, its interesting there are so many of these small "startup" companies producing this type of golf ball. Seems an explosion recently.

I would imagine that the golf ball market is harder to break into than putters.

3-piece urethane, its interesting there are so many of these small "startup" companies producing this type of golf ball. Seems an explosion recently.
Do you think all these small startup company golf balls are just as good as the top golf balls on the market?

I am curious if somewhere out there a company is offering golf ball "blanks" kind of how they do with irons and these smaller companies are throwing their logos on them. Nothing wrong with that at all just find it amazing that so many small ball companies are coming up. I would imagine the R&D on a ball would be huge $ if you did it from scratch

It makes me wonder if it has anything to do with Alibaba. The only reason I ask is that since Alibaba.com became big, my industry has seen an explosion of "pig iron" start-ups. The stuff comes out of china and then gets a nice logo put on it and you are in business.

I am curious if somewhere out there a company is offering golf ball "blanks" kind of how they do with irons and these smaller companies are throwing their logos on them. Nothing wrong with that at all just find it amazing that so many small ball companies are coming up. I would imagine the R&D on a ball would be huge $ if you did it from scratch

This is what I meant with my post above. I could go on Alibaba.com, but all the components I need for valves, put my logo on it and I'm now in the valve business. I am guessing the golf balls are the same way. I could probably buy a full container or two of balls at a super cheap price, slap my logo on them and I'm now in the golf ball business.

Hi All
Saw this thread and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ken and I am the co-owner and founder of Monsta Golf. Please feel free to ask any questions and/or feedback regarding our golf ball. We are a small biz based out of Boston, Ma that started the process of forming Monsta Golf in the spring 0f 2013. After a long year of researching, prototype testing, and more prototype testing, we finally launched last week with what we think is a great pro performance golf ball that can compete with the 'big boys' in term of quality and performance. Our business model, however, will be much different. We plan on selling online and online only, via social media, etc. Being a small startup, we don't (and probably won't :act-up: have the marketing budgets the large golf ball companies have. Because of that, however, we can offer our product at a much lower price point. 1 dozen is $34.99. We offer free shipping for all USA orders over $75, and we do offer a 30 day money back guarantee. We will also be interacting with our customers one on one via FB, Twitter, and forums like this. We think small companies are making a come back! quality customer service along with a quality product will make us succeed. There is no retail store mark up, no middleman, etc. So with that said, all that is great, but is the ball any good? YES!, the reviews that have come in (and are on our website and social media feeds) have been great! I hope you check them out.
Please feel free to fire away with any questions...
txs
Kenny

Are the balls any good? That is the big question.
Easy solution for THPers, lets put it in their hands to do the test and write the reviews.

Would love to test these out. The look is really eye catching. The design sounds nice as well. Hopefully after this vacation ill be able to pick up a few. and @Monstagolf thanks for the response. Definitely will be reading reviews/maybe purchasing.

Are the balls any good? That is the big question.
Easy solution for THPers, lets put it in their hands to do the test and write the reviews.

That would be a great way to see how well they stack up to the rest of the market

That sounds good to me....we would be happy to send some samples to a couple members to review...
THP, how would like to handle it? Whatever way you think is best, we will be happy accommodate :act-up:

That would be a great way to see how well they stack up to the rest of the market
Definitely agreed, I only hit titeleist or bridgestone. Straying away and see how these compare would be great. Cool little start up from what looks to be a cool little company. Love the designs.

Hopefully i can somehow get selected for that. Love new interesting product. This ball is a 3-piece core correct?

Samples would be a great idea to generate some buzz. You can bet that you will get honest feedback from the members on THP, it is something that we all take pride on.

I checked your website and Twitter page looks good.

Definitely interested in these.

Samples would be a great idea to generate some buzz. You can bet that you will get honest feedback from the members on THP, it is something that we all take pride on.

I checked your website and Twitter page looks good.

Thank u, much appreciated! And yes, samples.. We get a lot of requests. Being a small business with one of goals being to keeping our pricing reasonable and affordable, we don't have the marketing budget to accommodate all the requests. What we are doing though, is supplying the various online sites , blogs, with samples to review that will be posted. We understand user feedback is what will drive sales , and we r hoping these reviews will help validate us. Some reviews are already posted and several more are on the way over the next couple weeks. We hope everyone understands
Thanks again
Ken

Are your balls manufactured in Massachusetts?

No they are not. They are manufactured overseas. We tried hard to keep the manufacturing in the USA, but could get the quality and specifications we desired at the price point we needed to compete with 'big boys'.

Back