Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think part of my struggle is moving from R shafts to S shafts. I got fitted and they said i was easily a S, but then I get on the course I feel like I have to justify the stiffer shaft. I know it's dumb and i tell myself not to, but sometimes the swing just takes over.

The brain is a powerful thing dude.

It's got forgiveness to it, but all dependent on what you quantify it to. As solid as it is in retaining ball speed and such, its still not as forgiving laterally as the Bio, Bertha, or the likes. But damn its a well rounded club for sure.

It's got forgiveness to it, but all dependent on what you quantify it to. As solid as it is in retaining ball speed and such, its still not as forgiving laterally as the Bio, Bertha, or the likes. But damn its a well rounded club for sure.
I think for the segment of clubs that it fits into though (low spin head) nothing is even close forgiveness wise. Those other heads other than the Bertha can produce some pretty high spin numbers in some hands (mine ha). I need to start hitting some more of those though since it seems as I have made some swing changes my spin has dropped down a good bit and I really would like some more forgiveness.

I think for the segment of clubs that it fits into though (low spin head) nothing is even close forgiveness wise. Those other heads other than the Bertha can produce some pretty high spin numbers in some hands (mine ha). I need to start hitting some more of those though since it seems as I have made some swing changes my spin has dropped down a good bit and I really would like some more forgiveness.

i25. It and the XTD are eerily similar in a lot of ways.

But, my testing didn't show the XTD as a true LOW spin head either.

i25. It and the XTD are eerily similar in a lot of ways.

But, my testing didn't show the XTD as a true LOW spin head either.
I25 is a great driver can't stand the sound it makes though and I also made a mistake getting the 8.5 head should have went up which are the main two reasons for my pondering. I can see the comparison of the xtd and i25. You have far more experience with the xtd as I have only hit it a few times. Those few times I found it to be more forgiving than the i25 however that is not to knick the i25 I think compared to other I series offerings it is a huge step and has a bit of forgiveness as well.

I tried my friend s RFE with a black tie, and i am now pondering a black tie shaft for my 588 custom

Well let me disengage my ponders for a while g30 and the xtd didn't come close to my current setup although they are both great looking and feeling drivers. It was only 10 balls with each so I May spend some more time with the xtd at some point

I just put a new roof on the house. There is NO REASON I should be pondering XHot and X2Hot irons. No reason at all.

So what is the rest of your set? I take it you have a gap between 155-175 for some reason?

A12 os for 2-GW. The rest hit fine but the weight is off on the 6 which is a small hybrid head. I can't get that club head turned in and it goes dead right. After trying out the whole bag each of the other clubs have heavy heads which I like the feel of. I pulled out an old 6 iron I have and hit it well instantly. But I know from experiments that club is akin to my 7i now in distance. So I know I want the iron head for that range.

I got the a12 os set because I was a disaster for anything beyond a 7 iron. It has made a huge difference in giving me hybrids I hit well from the 2-5 hybrids. But the 6 never came around. Add to that a lot of work on my swing where I am hitting down on the ball a lot more and I'm just more interested in filling one gap with a club that fits my swing than retooling a swing for one club.

I can send you a Baffler XL 7i head if it'll help in your decision making, just let me know if you want it.

I appreciate the offer but I'd have no idea what to do with just a head. I'm not the mad scientist you and others are. :smile: I'll be looking at stock shaft options either steel or graphite and see what fits the gap.

I appreciate the offer but I'd have no idea what to do with just a head. I'm not the mad scientist you and others are. :smile: I'll be looking at stock shaft options either steel or graphite and see what fits the gap.

I can probably throw the stock dynalite shaft in there and send your way. Would be a few days as I'm awaiting boxes and ferrules.

So staring at my bag across the room, there are 2 things I am pondering. 1: a driver--I have no idea what I looking for. 2: a club to cover that 200 yard gap--probably a 4 hybrid, but which one? I have no idea.

And I'm still trying to talk myself into the SeeMore smoke diamond m2c.

After playing with a demo set of 714 AP2's today and scoring well I am beginning to rethink my current irons, which leads me to rethink my hybrid gapping... ugh, this is going to get expensive!

The AP2's are solid, really solid.

So staring at my bag across the room, there are 2 things I am pondering. 1: a driver--I have no idea what I looking for. 2: a club to cover that 200 yard gap--probably a 4 hybrid, but which one? I have no idea.

295E2FDE-D6D8-4B3C-B736-9253A4BC53C4_zpshzenztns.jpg

41E277FC-E3A1-4C8D-899F-25B54BAFD6D0_zpsevdnziy9.jpg

CE03050B-90C0-40C1-AA74-0977D80580D3_zpsaoefnsow.jpg

964C2D5F-7BA9-4D08-9867-BFC51C0A2D23_zpsll0fowcu.jpg

giphy.gif

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Covert tour 2.0 driver. Or at least a Kuro Kage TiNi

I'm that easy.

Last edited:
I can probably throw the stock dynalite shaft in there and send your way. Would be a few days as I'm awaiting boxes and ferrules.

I'm going out to GG tomorrow to take some swings. If that falls through somehow I may reach out to you to discuss this. Thanks!

I really need to find a new gamer ball. RBZu is getting harder to find.

Graphite iron shafts. I am done with steel for good.

I was surprised how much I liked the stock graphite in the SLDR irons. Ball flight impressed me and the feel was really good.

Elements chrome shaft. Super intrigued by it really.. Probably a fruitless ponder but a ponder nonetheless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back