Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't ponder much these days, but I know I need to get my ball flight up with the driver. I am still wanting an optiforce. I am thinking I need to gather my trade bait and see if I can't trade for one.

I don't ponder much these days, but I know I need to get my ball flight up with the driver. I am still wanting an optiforce. I am thinking I need to gather my trade bait and see if I can't trade for one.

I have to 460 CC one and broke down and set it at +2 2 weeks ago and haven't looked back. Has been insanely high and long for me since.

I was surprised how much I liked the stock graphite in the SLDR irons. Ball flight impressed me and the feel was really good.

I really should have just gone with the stock Cobra graphite myself.

I really should have just gone with the stock Cobra graphite myself.

I was surprised you didn't to be honest. I thought a lot about it.

Do you still have those KK shafts?

I do and I am a big fan. Right now the AMP Cells with those shafts will be my go to irons until something can kick them out.

Grip change on the M1 PR (the black one).

Iomic mid? Different size SS?

I keep deciding if I want to do this as well. Problem is I really don't know what direction.

I'm torn with what to do with my irons right now. AP1s are long and forgiving but I miss more greens than I used to for some stupid reason while the DPC's are short and demanding (in comparison) but I seem to have an extra level of precision with them.

Maybe a DPC/AP1 combo set? Goes against the theory that I've bought into, namely, that if I need more forgiveness with my 6i, I need it with my 8i too. It's just frustrating that I can't get the AP1's to sharpen up for me.

I'm torn with what to do with my irons right now. AP1s are long and forgiving but I miss more greens than I used to for some stupid reason while the DPC's are short and demanding (in comparison) but I seem to have an extra level of precision with them.

Maybe a DPC/AP1 combo set? Goes against the theory that I've bought into, namely, that if I need more forgiveness with my 6i, I need it with my 8i too. It's just frustrating that I can't get the AP1's to sharpen up for me.
Let me know how it plays out...

I changed from AP1's to Wilson V2's and am hitting way more greens which doesn't seem logical. The rest of my game has not gotten any better but while the V2's are more demanding and shorter, I've noticed a much small dispersion. Just my 2 cents

You in the same boat?
Something like that. I've been playing rocketbladez and switched in s300 shafts to which I saw some improvement, but I played with AP2 demos today with the same shift and had really good results! My accuracy was dead on and feedback was really helpful. I'm now in full ponder mode on what to replace my rbz with. I liked the dpc you had at the king too, might be a possibility as well

Really thinking about a Red Tie for my BiO Cell. I'm loving the driver & seem to get along with that shaft in the hybrid I have it in.

Do it! Absolutely love my Red Tie!

I changed from AP1's to Wilson V2's and am hitting way more greens which doesn't seem logical. The rest of my game has not gotten any better but while the V2's are more demanding and shorter, I've noticed a much small dispersion. Just my 2 cents

For Tomorrow's rounds the AP1 48 and 52 are out, and the DPC PW (48*) and J40 52* wedge are in.

I am probably opening pandora's box by doing this but I don't care. I haven't hit one memorable shot with the AP1 48 or 52 in 10 rounds and those used to be my bread and butter yardages.

Really thinking about a Red Tie for my BiO Cell. I'm loving the driver & seem to get along with that shaft in the hybrid I have it in.

We can toss mine in there if you want to test it out one day.

Pretty much set on the Apex pros, which would leave me a choice of two from three between the 3i, AW and a 3deep x2 hot... Mmm, pondering...

For Tomorrow's rounds the AP1 48 and 52 are out, and the DPC PW (48*) and J40 52* wedge are in.

I am probably opening pandora's box by doing this but I don't care. I haven't hit one memorable shot with the AP1 48 or 52 in 10 rounds and those used to be my bread and butter yardages.

I like it. Interested to see how it works out for you, I've been pondering doing something similar. I'm not hitting bad shots with the CB3 short irons, but I don't feel quite as precise.

Staff bags, staff bags, staff bags. Why do I want one so dang bad? It's the last thing I need right now as I start to pack things up and move.

Staff bags, staff bags, staff bags. Why do I want one so dang bad? It's the last thing I need right now as I start to pack things up and move.

Because shiny. :alien: The bane of all of our existences haha

Because shiny. :alien: The bane of all of our existences haha

Between eBay and CPO, I'm sooo close to pulling the trigger. I just really don't need to spend the $$$.

Between eBay and CPO, I'm sooo close to pulling the trigger. I just really don't need to spend the $$$.

I'm with you, but I'm in putterland not stafferland haha. Don't need to but want to sooo bad :banghead:

Ponder over, purchase made. A Baffler XL 7 iron with the stock R-flex graphite shaft and Golf Pride MC Midsize grip will be here by week's end. Fits the gap perfectly and the loft difference (30° vs. 28°) and shaft length difference (37.25" vs. 38.25") should mean more accuracy from 155-170! Having two 7's in my bag will be fun to explain to others as well.

I see now why #Cookie loves these clubs. Super impressed with them.

I like it. Interested to see how it works out for you, I've been pondering doing something similar. I'm not hitting bad shots with the CB3 short irons, but I don't feel quite as precise.

Well guys as fate would have it my two best approaches of the day were with the 2 clubs I subbed in today. I'm going to leave the bag as I had it today for the time being, and may even throw in a few more DPC's.

Well guys as fate would have it my two best approaches of the day were with the 2 clubs I subbed in today. I'm going to leave the bag as I had it today for the time being, and may even throw in a few more DPC's.
Sounds promising. Let me know if you end up with the titleist on the outside of the bag looking for a new home, I may be in the market soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back