• Ride

Votes: 81 46.8%
  • walk and carry

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • walk with some type of cart

Votes: 71 41.0%

• Total voters
Ride for sure, if possible.

Walk and pull cart. If it's cart path only it's not even a decision for me. I see no advantage to having a cart at that point.

Ride!! I dont like to carry all my beer in my cart!!

I ride. Would not play golf if I had to walk. If i need exercise, I will go to the walking track. I do highway maint. For a living and get plenty of hours in the hot sun walking behind a paver. All that being said. I am member at a 9 hole muni and we can rent a cart shed and own our own cart. I understand that some courses wont let you bring your own or keep your own cart at the course. I own 2 carts and rent 2 sheds, i have family membership. I am very fortunate to live and play where i do. It is cheaper for us to own carts than to rent them.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

I walk most of the time but my club has some Sunday afternoon games that you almost have to ride in.
I prefer to walk though.

Walk, I need to get my 10,000 steps in.

Walk & carry, but a push cart may be in my future. Cart rounds are on courses that require it or buddies rounds.

I prefer to walk when playing a round by myself. Unfortunately when playing with the gang they always ride.

When playing alone I would rather walk to get exercise and I get to think the game out a little better.

Walk and carry 98% of the time. The other two percent is riding on hot days or heavy rain.

I ride pretty much exclusively at this point, but I would like to start walking since I got a new stand bag. Hoping it will help me shed a few pounds in the process.

Walk and carry unless it's not allowed or my partner wants to ride.

I much prefer to walk and would say 80%+ of my rounds are walking rounds. Circumstances and playing partners don't always allow for it so I'll take a cart when appropriate. Interestingly, I generally shot better when I ride!

Ride almost all the time. Will start walking more when my son starts playing more. Will need another carry bag since he got my Datrek carry bag.

I ride, I guess I'm lazy.

~Rock

I prefer to walk, when the course makes sense, and as long as my playing partners are of the same mind.

It depends. If everyone else is riding, then I will. If I'm out playing greenies or just out for a quick 9, then I'll usually walk/carry. For this poll, I selected Ride, but just because most of the time I play, it's with others who are riding.

A majority of the time I walk and carry. If I'm playing with my dad, I'll ride since he rides 100% of the time unless the course isn't allowing carts out. Even in that case, he's more likely to not play than he is to walk.

I have chosen to ride a couple of times while playing as a single but that's usually if I'm trying to beat a storm or get 18 in quickly.

I always walk and carry. Walking really helps me keep my rhythm while playing, allows me to enjoy the course more, gives me some much needed exercise, and I just like it. I have no trouble keeping up with playing partners who ride because I am a pretty quick walker and typically am one of the last to hit from the fairway. I will only ride when forced by course policy, but avoid those courses as much as possible.

I ride but with others in my cart close to half the time I will walk from one shot to the next and enjoy the time == kind of having a caddy ==

I walk when I play alone, but everybody I play with rides, so if I'm in a group I will ride as well.

I have lived long enough to play the Senior tees and to use a cart. When only playing 9, I can sometimes walk, but with 18, I find myself tiring in the middle of the back nine. Additionally, with a cart I find that I have more time with the Cart girl when she comes around. What's the point of living long enough to be a dirty old man if you don't take advantage and enjoy it.

I always intend to walk, and I say I'm going to walk, but I find myself behind the wheel of a cart 99% of the time.

Ride all the time. I haven't walked a golf course in probably 30 years.

Prefer to walk, and do so unless I am on a course where it is not an option.

Back