Walk or ride poll

• Ride

Votes: 81 46.8%
  • walk and carry

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • walk with some type of cart

Votes: 71 41.0%

• Total voters
ride, I rarely see people walking anymore where I play, plus id hate to slow someone down, plus I cant carry a cooler and my bag...

Both but depends when I'm playing. If after work then it's a buggy for sure so I can get as many holes as possible ?? and on the weekends I like to walk and carry the bag good for fitness I guess.

Love golf ?

I ride. I go the gym.for exercise, the golf course for fun and relaxation :).

Before I was an employee of my local golf course, I walked 90% of the time but now I ride nearly 90% of the time since I get free carts. :)

Used to prefer to walk. Years on the tennis and racket ball courts, and other activities have taken their toll. I can still walk, but riding is the smarter option now.

Walk. Cart fee is usually about 45-60 USD, and most clubs kindly suggest that if you do not have a physical condition that keeps you from walking, walk.

I wish more courses here in Jacksonville would let you walk. I prefer to with a push/pull cart but only have a couple of courses around that will let you. Most require memberships to walk.

I ride mostly.....mainly because my home course isn't really set up to walk and very very few ever walk it, and most courses in Houston now include cart with the green fee so it doesn't save you any money.

I did buy a clic gear this year and I get out late afternoons and walk 9 holes a few times a month, if I had a group to play with that walked, I would probably do it more often...although it's tough to do in the heat and humidity of Southeast Texas

I'm thinking about starting to walk a round a week but I have a Sun Mountain C130 Cart Bag that I really love and do not want to replace. Any suggestions on either a pull cart or harness that I can use?

Walk and carry - can't argue with a good 1400+ calories in a round. Occasionally I'll get a buggy if I'm in a fourball but that's only for pace of play really

Walk and carry most of the time. My league partner has his own cart, so I rode with him during league, mainly so I had a place to sit during all the waiting. :D

Always walk with a Clicgear 3.5+.

I'm thinking about starting to walk a round a week but I have a Sun Mountain C130 Cart Bag that I really love and do not want to replace. Any suggestions on either a pull cart or harness that I can use?

Clicgear 3.5 is amazing. Not sure where your from but if it's as hot as New Orleans add the adjustable umbrella holder to keep the sun off of you.

If the course is set up for it, I would rather walk, even if the price is the same. I prefer the exercise.

Having said that, I won't walk if there are spots where there's a half mile between on green and the next tee box, or at the end of #9 and the tee of #10. We've all played those places and I contend that it is just poor design.

I have never rode a cart. Still young enough to walk the course, plus great exercise to keep me in shape.

I will ride when it's really hot, but I enjoy walking (pull cart). I play better when walking. It slows me down and allows me time to forget bad shots. I enjoy the game more when walking, plus it's good exercise.

Push-walk here. When I first started playing, I rode in a cart all the time but I feel like I play faster when I walk especially during peak playing times. I also find it much more satisfying to consider my options while walking up to my ball.

Walk with my ClicGear. Much prefer walking.

Walk and push/pull here

Only once have I ridden and that was on a holiday in the caribbean a few years ago - going back in a few weeks and haven't decided whether to walk this time or take the lazy option again

walked 54 this weekend on a mini mountain course, the knee pain is at a different level today.

Used to walk all the time because we were to poor to afford a cart. Then I always used a cart because I coould afford it. Now I have a pull cart and walk 90% of the time. Just seem to enjoy it more.

walked 54 this weekend on a mini mountain course, the knee pain is at a different level today.

Sorry to hear it. Walking 54 on a course with elevation change is no joke. I don't care what anyone says about golf not being a sport.

As much as I love to walk, I already have left knee problems due to years of running (and more recently the lateral stress of the golf swing). There will be a day where riding is the only option.

I almost seem to play better when I walk and carry my clubs... Maybe something pyscologically with feeling the weight of the clubs on my back. But I do tend to ride every now and again depending on the course i am playing.

Back