robmypro

Reaction score
Hi Freddie. I know this isn't a pretty swing, and my feet are "lively" to say the least, but this is as far as I have gotten after approximately 1 month of practice. I'd say this is a full swing, so I am definitely drilling it.

Anything jump out at you that I should focus on? I appreciate any advice you can give, and your time!

Thanks Freddie!

Last edited:
Thanks for posting your video. I'm going to break this part into several small lessons. The first thing I want you to do keep that left foot planted on the back swing. Work on turning away from the ball and getting your back to the target, but keep that left foot planted. That thing you do serves no purpose in your swing. There are many other things I see, but non will do a bit of good if you don't keep that foot plated.

Thanks for the help Freddie! When you say "planted" can the heel of the left foot come up at all?

Thanks for the help Freddie! When you say "planted" can the heel of the left foot come up at all?

I'm not Freddie but keeping that heal down will improve consistency. Keep it planted.

The answer is yes it can. Is it advisable, no. I would like to see you work on keeping it planted.

Okay thanks guys. One thing to consider is I have a bad left knee, so i have some limits on how much i can rotate my body while planting the left foot. Doing that may limit by backswing quite a bit, but i will do the best i can to keep it planted.

Again, thanks Freddie (and blu).

Okay thanks guys. One thing to consider is I have a bad left knee, so i have some limits on how much i can rotate my body while planting the left foot. Doing that may limit by backswing quite a bit, but i will do the best i can to keep it planted.

Again, thanks Freddie (and blu).
The left knee doesn't really activate until the down swing. You're doing moving in your current move then you would if you kept it planted. But we all have to swing our swings. Just keep away from the Michael Jackson toe stand with the left foot. The heal is ok but no the toe.

LOL okay Freddie! I am working on it.

I'm just curious where you swing is now. Judging by the results, you've made some massive progress.

I'm just curious where you swing is now. Judging by the results, you've made some massive progress.

I will post a video so you guys can have a look. But I still have too short a swing. It needs work!

Listen to the Kong, the man is good. Would be great if you could join some of us out here one of these days.

I will post a video so you guys can have a look. But I still have too short a swing. It needs work!

Any update on the swing video? I would love to see how it has progressed.

Hey blue and Freddie. Ribs are just about 100% now. Planning on having an easy session at the range this weekend, weather permitting. I have to ease back into this and try not to lose what's left of the season. I never imagined the ribs would sideline me for a full 3 months.

I blame Bertha!

Here is an update. Played a round pain free yesterday so I will work on a new video. I would like to post something from the range so you can see ball flight. In any case I will get something uploaded shortly.

Back