Good Orders Gone Bad

9-Iron Man

Exciting Times
Reaction score
Handicap
High
I need a towel. It's now the only major accessoy that I am missing and after months of looking in stores to no avail, I finally ordered the towel I wanted (the one that matches my bag) from Golf Town. While I was at it, I decided to order two so if one gets filthy while I'm on the road I can still have one. Seemed logical to me.

At any rate, my order arrived today, with only one towel in the box. Grrrr! After waiting a week, they only send one!! Talk about frustrating....

They just got back to me, and my second towel is on its way. Has anybody else had problems ordering anything from stores?

Absolutely and it is frustrating. TGW which many here love has given me nothing but headaches over the years. It started with my hybrid order 2 years ago. I was looking for a 2 hybrid and placed the order and paid for overnight shipping. The item arrived 5 days later and get this, was only a shaft and no head. So I send it back and they send me a new hybrid. But this time it was a 4 hybrid rather than a 2. So once again I send it back and get this, the last time it comes I get the head but no shaft. Finally I had had it and cancelled my order and said never again.

But little ole me decides to give them a chance on a closeout putter i wanted. I order it and again pay for overnight shipping. This time it arrives in only 2 days, but was the wrong putter. So I send it back and they send me my putter, but it was clearly used. In fact it had scratches all over the bottom like someone used it on a sanded green. I send it back and cancel the order again and vow never to order from them again.

Just my luck.

That's a shame JB....so far all my TGW experiences have been good ones. Something like what you're describing would keep me from ordering anything off their site in the future

My gripe is nothing compared to yours JB! Holy cow. That's totally unaceptable. I would be so mad.

Maybe if you mentioned you were THP, they might double check to get it right? :D

I have learned that we just cannot control it. Well, my wife has convinced me of that anyway. Its the world of online ordering. We expect it to go as smoothly as walking into a store, however it seems that for every 10 great orders, there is 1 bad one. Because it is simple math. In a store we walk up pick up what we want, pay for it and walk out with it. Ordering from a warehouse adds a whole bunch of hands. Warehouse picking it up, boxing it up, sending it, delivery drivers, loaders, etc... Too many hands.

I have learned that we just cannot control it. Well, my wife has convinced me of that anyway. Its the world of online ordering. We expect it to go as smoothly as walking into a store, however it seems that for every 10 great orders, there is 1 bad one. Because it is simple math. In a store we walk up pick up what we want, pay for it and walk out with it. Ordering from a warehouse adds a whole bunch of hands. Warehouse picking it up, boxing it up, sending it, delivery drivers, loaders, etc... Too many hands.

So true. Here's hoping in the future as more ordering is done online that these stores get their act together.

I dont recall the last time I had a bad online order. I tend to order alot of stuff from Amazon, and they always do a decent job. My pet peeve is the drive-throughs getting my food order wrong. I dont eat out alot, but the last 2 time my wife and I have stopped at McDs, they've messed up her order. We usually do a quick check, but inevidably, as soon as we get back on our trip, the granola is missing or they put the wrong sauce in the bag. Or my favorite, no hamburger patty in a hamburger. I walked that one back in I was so furious. How the #%*! do you forget the meat in a hamburger?!?! Okay, thats enough... calm down sacul, calm down!

I think we figured out the problem....Ordering Granola at McDonalds! haha

Lol, she likes those fruit/yogurt cups, and apparently they come with granola. Apparently they can't get burgers right either. In'n'Out is still the place to go, it's hard to screw up an order from there since there's only 3 meals...

I've ordered a 3-pw set of irons custom from TM, 1/2" long 1 degree upright LEFT HANDED

then what arrived on my doorstep was RIGHT HANDED....

they fixed that and sent correct clubs, then later I ordered the matching GW (completely separate order with no reference to the iron set) and again..... RIGHT HANDED....

they did fix everything promptly, but I got wrong handed clubs shipped to me on two separate occasions. Both times the golf shop I purchased the clubs from had issued a correct PO# to TM, but TM built them without looking at the PO very closely

Lol, she likes those fruit/yogurt cups, and apparently they come with granola. Apparently they can't get burgers right either. In'n'Out is still the place to go, it's hard to screw up an order from there since there's only 3 meals...

That's what you get for trying to eat healthy at McD's! lol :D

I just stay away from that place. It's been over two years since I last ate there. And couldn't be happier for it!

I've been lucky so far to not have any of the online ordering problems you guys have had :knocks on wood:, but we have been the recipient of a company's goof. My wife is orders curriculum for our church's Sunday School. One order came with a free gift - a pretty cool red tee shirt from a church in Virginia. It had a nice logo and a cool bible verse on it. I thought that the company just produced too many. Upon closer inspection, instead of printing "Vacation Bible School", they spelled it as "Vaction Bible School".

No biggie - I'll still wear the shirt.

I've ordered a 3-pw set of irons custom from TM, 1/2" long 1 degree upright LEFT HANDED

they fixed that and sent correct clubs, then later I ordered the matching GW (completely separate order with no reference to the iron set) and again..... RIGHT HANDED....

they did fix everything promptly, but I got wrong handed clubs shipped to me on two separate occasions. Both times the golf shop I purchased the clubs from had issued a correct PO# to TM, but TM built them without looking at the PO very closely

I wonder how times that has happened.... A lot I would think.

5 yrs ago people would be saying 'granola? at Mickey D's? yeah whatever" Look how far we've come in this 'healthy' society
I think we figured out the problem....Ordering Granola at McDonalds! haha

It took me 6 weeks just to get my hybrid from Golfsmith.com.

I will never order from them again.

I placed 2 online orders last week. One was for a left handed putter fromm gpp.com. They sent a right handed one. On the invoice there was no mention of whether the club should be RH or LH. Seems like this should be a requirement for whoever packs the order.

Another order went to inthholegolf.com for a rain jacket for Wifey. It took them almost a week to ship it even though it was supposedly "in stock" They sent a tracking number and the day it was supposed to be delivered, the tracking notice was in red with an error message. I called Fed EX and they said the package could not be delivered. Turns out they put the wrong street address 284 instead of 248. I guess I should be thankful that there isn't a 284 on my street or someone would have gotten a free jacket.

I always wonder about people who keep packages that were delivered to them in error. I ordered dog beds from LLBean, which were delivered to the wrong address. The people signed for the package and kept them even though they had the boy's names on them. LLBean just sent new ones. I guess this happens fairly frequently.

Forgot the double screw up last year with "The Golf Club.com. I ordered an Adams LH 5 wood and they sent a RH 3 wood. These people must hire either blind chimps or castoffs from the McDonald's drive thru's. :banghead:

It took me 6 weeks just to get my hybrid from Golfsmith.com.

I will never order from them again.

I win! I ordered a putter from Golfsmith and it took 8 weeks. I also will not be ordering from there ever again unless I can get 15%+ off my order.

Another order went to inthholegolf.com for a rain jacket for Wifey. It took them almost a week to ship it even though it was supposedly "in stock" They sent a tracking number and the day it was supposed to be delivered, the tracking notice was in red with an error message. I called Fed EX and they said the package could not be delivered. Turns out they put the wrong street address 284 instead of 248. I guess I should be thankful that there isn't a 284 on my street or someone would have gotten a free jacket.

Fedex did the same thing for me. Except, they delivered my putter to a completely different address, even though the shipping label on the package had my address and name. The recipient also signed for it... It took FedEx a whole extra week to pick it back up from the wrong address and get it to me...

I always wonder about people who keep packages that were delivered to them in error. I ordered dog beds from LLBean, which were delivered to the wrong address. The people signed for the package and kept them even though they had the boy's names on them. LLBean just sent new ones. I guess this happens fairly frequently.

A friend sent me a golf book for Christmas from Amazon. A few days after it arrived, another one showed up. I opened the box and found an invoice with someone else's name on it. I called Amazon and they got the info off the invoice, then told me to keep the book, it was not worth shipping back.

I ordered a driver from Golfsmith and paid for overnight shipping telling them I had to have it by Friday as I had a tournament on Saturday. On Thursday, I called to check on it because they showed no shipping info online. They told me they did not have the shaft I requested after all. I asked if they were just going to sit on my order instead of call me about it. No sensible reply to that. I chose another shaft and again told them to ship it that day by NDA or FedEx overnight. Friday noon I still did not have the package so I called again. They had not shipped it. I raised a stink with a supervisor and they shipped it NDA no charge and said they would send me a nice gift for my trouble. The nice gift turned out to be a Golfsmith cheezy hat.

I ordered a driver from Golfsmith and paid for overnight shipping telling them I had to have it by Friday as I had a tournament on Saturday. On Thursday, I called to check on it because they showed no shipping info online. They told me they did not have the shaft I requested after all. I asked if they were just going to sit on my order instead of call me about it. No sensible reply to that. I chose another shaft and again told them to ship it that day by NDA or FedEx overnight. Friday noon I still did not have the package so I called again. They had not shipped it. I raised a stink with a supervisor and they shipped it NDA no charge and said they would send me a nice gift for my trouble. The nice gift turned out to be a Golfsmith cheezy hat.

LOL hahahahahaha...reminds me of RockBottomGolf... all of the "free gifts" are lame caveman hats/balls.

I have had good transactions mostly except for a few:

Ebay: Out of ~50 transactions there have been only 3 problems, 2 minor. 1 was non-arrival of the product I bought: The seller blamed the USPS but I had strong reasons to believe the seller didn't have the product he had sold (I forgot why). It took a complaint with Paypal to get my money back, the seller was not very responsive. 2 minor issues were when the seller had overstated the quality of the product sold. Not enough to make a fuss about it though.

Golfsmith: I think I have bought around 6 grip-kits from them (13 grips, tape-strips, shaft clamp + small bottle of solvent). 3 times the solvent bottle came in leaking, with significant loss of fluid, messing up the rest of the grip-change supplies. One time I didn't act on it, one time I requested partial reimbursement of the purchase price, and one time I just complained. When I requested partial reimbursement of the purchase price they agreed to it, but it took them forever (several months) to act on it. At some point I got lucky and was assigned a CS guy that took care of it in a week or so, about the time it should have taken.

Absolutely and it is frustrating. TGW which many here love has given me nothing but headaches over the years. It started with my hybrid order 2 years ago. I was looking for a 2 hybrid and placed the order and paid for overnight shipping. The item arrived 5 days later and get this, was only a shaft and no head. So I send it back and they send me a new hybrid. But this time it was a 4 hybrid rather than a 2. So once again I send it back and get this, the last time it comes I get the head but no shaft. Finally I had had it and cancelled my order and said never again.

But little ole me decides to give them a chance on a closeout putter i wanted. I order it and again pay for overnight shipping. This time it arrives in only 2 days, but was the wrong putter. So I send it back and they send me my putter, but it was clearly used. In fact it had scratches all over the bottom like someone used it on a sanded green. I send it back and cancel the order again and vow never to order from them again.

Just my luck.

I don't think it is only about luck. I had a VERY similar experience with TGW. They were just unable to ship me the right thing, everything from another brand, a hybrid, and the wrong flex in the shaft. After about 3 months I gave up and asked for my money back.

Back