The Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread

Wow and Metta World Peace is changing his name to....Panda Friend..In anticipation of him playing in a Chinese league...All allegedly

Protected 2015 1st round pick

Protected 2015 1st round pick

Total joke of a trade.

Total joke of a trade.

For who?

I've stayed out of the banter since up until now it was all speculation, but I think it's good for Cleveland. I always think about the risk of busts or underwhelming performances for youth. This isn't baseball and 'prospects' just don't hold much value to me in any other sport.

For who?

I've stayed out of the banter since up until now it was all speculation, but I think it's good for Cleveland. I always think about the risk of busts or underwhelming performances for youth. This isn't baseball and 'prospects' just don't hold much value to me in any other sport.

I just don't see the need to give up so much. It is what it is and I'm sure there was Lebron weighing in on the whole trade. So many of the Cleveland naysayers were up in arms after he sat down with Wade and Bosh and created a dynasty. Now with the shoe flipped I am sure most Clevelanders are ecstatic over this. Just MOI.

The true success of the trade will be determined at the end of a season.

I think it was a great trade for both sides. Cleveland is in win-now mode, so they got a piece that will help them do that more than Wiggins and/or Bennett. The first round pick won't be a huge loss since this isn't the NFL. Minnesota is trying like hell to build a halfway decent team for the future and Wiggins, Rubio, Pekovic is a solid core for now. Minnesota is now very athletic, young, and quite versatile. Still not ready to compete for the west, but it is a good step for them.

I think it was a great trade for both sides. Cleveland is in win-now mode, so they got a piece that will help them do that more than Wiggins and/or Bennett. The first round pick won't be a huge loss since this isn't the NFL. Minnesota is trying like hell to build a halfway decent team for the future and Wiggins, Rubio, Pekovic is a solid core for now. Minnesota is now very athletic, young, and quite versatile. Still not ready to compete for the west, but it is a good step for them.

Agreed. Knowing Love isn't going to resign with the Wolves I'm in the camp of trying to get something in return for those star players. MN got a good return in potential and CLE received one of the top 5 PF in the NBA.

I think this is a big time win-win for both teams. Love is the perfect teammate for Lebron and Wiggins can go shine in Minnesota.

Perfect trade for both sides. They should be the favorites coming out of the East. But in the end, it probably doesn't matter cause some team in the West will win it all.

The sports radio station have been playing Bye Bye Love, for a couple of months now. Glad to see it finally happen, they we stuck with Love and being in the 8, 9, 10 spot in the West. Nowhere to go up or down, let's get some young legs in here and go up and down the court and see what happens. It will still kill them if Rubio can't learn to make an 18 footer.

What if Love reneggs on the deal and doesnt opt out and resign with Cleveland in 2015...OUCHY

What if Love reneggs on the deal and doesnt opt out and resign with Cleveland in 2015...OUCHY

Its max money which I think helps for him and I am sure its written into the contract he cant back out. But hey you are Cleveland he will leave and come back and you will love him again :banana:

Its max money which I think helps for him and I am sure its written into the contract he cant back out. But hey you are Cleveland he will leave and come back and you will love him again :banana:

I think an article I read says Cleveland has to take him at his word as they have no recourse if he changed his mind and that doesnt impact his existing contract.

not saying it would happen, but still crazy to fathom

He can probably be eligible for a contract extension during the season, but I think it would be near 0% that he backs out. He would catch so much heat if he were to back out. Also, Cleveland would be able to offer him more than any other team and the 5th year. He may get a player option for the 5th year, but he probably won't.

Also, looks like Philly is trying to pry their way into the Love deal in order to get Bennett for Thad Young. I like Young and think he would be a good addition to Minny.

Triple post, but it looks like KD to Under Armour is also likely to happen. $325 million is not half bad to market some shoes and gear. Not official, yet, though.

Triple post, but it looks like KD to Under Armour is also likely to happen. $325 million is not half bad to market some shoes and gear. Not official, yet, though.
That's a ton of money.

It's entirely possible.

Remember this dream team in HOU? Pippen/Barkley/Olajuwon - first season was dismal and Pippen fleas for Portland.

Can someone explain why Dan Le Batard was taken off the air for two days for funding a billboard? I can't quite see the picture...maybe something offensive is shown there. Otherwise I literally don't get it.

Can someone explain why Dan Le Batard was taken off the air for two days for funding a billboard? I can't quite see the picture...maybe something offensive is shown there. Otherwise I literally don't get it.

There's a little battle going on between him and local Cleveland radio hosts. One thing lead to another and next thing we know it the billboard is up and he's on the cover of the paper here. Odd how much press this has gotten

Wow and Metta World Peace is changing his name to....Panda Friend..In anticipation of him playing in a Chinese league...All allegedly

"THE Panda Friend"

;) dude is ridic

It's because ESPN wants the blowhard to shut his fat mouth for once.

pugasana.jpg

This awesome billboard? Yeah I don't get it either. Funny thing is the Akron paper rejected $90k for a full page ad but this billboard was on their front page... for free lol.

Looks like Bennett and other pieces to Philly for Thaddeus Young.

Back